Tongue Tied

3

Eventually, they got back. Nathan went for a shower while Alex sat in their hotel room. It was a suite they were sharing with his parents, who were gone out on a romantic date night. She was waiting for him to finish so she could have a shower. He finished quickly and came out of the washroom with just a towel around his hips. She let out a deep breath as she stood to take her shower. She grabbed the pajamas she had already dug out to put on after.

"What was that?" He asked as she brushed past him, dragging her hand over his stomach.

"My boyfriend's really hot." She explained.

"Really? Is he big? Could I take him?" He mocked, crossing his arms.

"No doubt. I can take him so you wouldn't have a problem." She smirked.

"Go shower." He hissed, turning away from her.

She laughed, closing the bathroom door as she stepped into it. He smiled too as he dropped onto his bed. He realized his parents would throw a fit if they came home to him just in a towel while sharing a bed with Alex. He stood and walked over to his suitcase to find clothes. After finding clean boxers, that he slid on, followed by some sweatpants, he decided to pack all his things.

Alex came out of the washroom. She was fully dressed as she patted her hair dry. She spotted Nathan bending over. A smirk spread across her lips as she tip toed towards him. She wound up her towel and rat-tailed his ass. He shot up and spun around.

His eyes narrowed at her. She just smiled and attempted to do it again. He grabbed the towel, pulling her over to him. She smiled up at him as he wrapped his arms around her waist, pecking her on the lips. She smiled into the kiss, but he only deepened it. She pulled away slowly, chuckling a bit.

"Slow down. Your parents will be back and in the room next to us later." She shook her head. "The walls are thin." She knocked on one.

"I don't care." He smiled, kissing her again. He trailed his lips down her neck but she pushed him back. "Al,"

"Not tonight! When we get back home." She promised, pecking his lips again. "Come lay with me."

She ran her hands down her arms as she walked backwards. Her hands got out of reach as she walked back to the bed. He watched her, a frown on his face. She dropped onto the bed, placing her hands behind her head as she sat half up.

"I'm packing!" He cried.

"I'd say." She smirked.

"You tell me to wait and then say shit like that." He huffed.

"You can last a day. You've lasted longer." She rolled her eyes. "Now come lay with me."

He tossed the towel onto the floor and let out a growl as he walked over to her. He crawled on top of her, hovering above her. She wrapped her hands around his neck, linking her fingers together. He held onto her torso, just below her chest as he brought his lips to hers.

He pulled away and fell to her left on the empty space of the bed. He laid on his back, resting his hands on his stomach. Alex rolled onto her side, cuddling into him. He wrapped an arm around her, pulling her closer. She rested her hand on his torso and started tracing shapes on it. He watched her do it, a small smile on his face.

Moments like this were what had helped him realize he loved Alex. She was the most caring girl he had ever met, in her own way. She wasn't overly affectionate by any means, some people even thought they were only friends at times, but he knew how she was really. From the first day, she knew how crazy his life was, and she was willing to stick it out for him.

He still remembered the first time he ever saw her. She was at a playoff game with some friends. She was about three rows up from the glass. Her hair was curled and she was smiling and laughing with her friends. He couldn't take his eyes off of her. It got even better when he saw she was wearing a Halifax shirt. The cherry on top was the number she was wearing. His.

The entire game, he was doing the most to gain her attention. Little did he know, he already had it. Throughout the game, he would look up at any chance he could. He saw her holding up a sign at one point. He couldn't read it from the ice. Jo must have noticed it as well because he skated to Nathan, tapping him with his stick.

"It says something about KIK." Jo explained. "I don't know what that is."

"It's like a messenger." One of the other guys explained, skating away.

Nathan looked up at where she was again. She was chatting with her friends. There was at least seven of them, including herself. He continued playing. At one point, there was a whistle in the corner near her. As he skated by the boards, he looked up at her. They locked eyes. She looked like she froze up. He smirked to himself as he looked to her friends.

The game continued. It was 2-2 in the third. Halfway through the period, Nathan scored. He made his way to the glass near her and jumped into it. He threw his arms up to get the crowd pumped. His eyes stayed on her as she cheered. He winked before the team skated back to the bench

After the game, he prayed she'd be waiting outside of the change room. She wasn't. He took some photos with some kids and went back in. Luckily, his captain, Cameron, was aware of the girl Nathan had spotted. He got dressed and went out to talk to fans. He spotted Nathan's girl with her friends. He noticed they were looking towards him too.

Alex's friend was way interested in Cameron. Alex, being the kind of girl she was, walked right up to him, dragging her friend along. She smiled at Cameron, holding out her poster. He smiled at her, knowing exactly who she was.

"Do you think you could sign this?" She asked.

"Yeah, of course." He nodded, taking the marker and poster from her.

"Uh, my friend also really wants a picture with you." She added.

"Oh, no problem." He smiled, finishing.

Her friend stepped beside him. She was cute but Cameron's current goal was to get Nathan his girl. Alex took the photo and thanked him. She handed the phone to her friend as they turned away. Cameron realized he needed to say something.

"Hey, brunette!" He called.

She turned around, laughing. "I go by 'Alex'."

"Sorry." He chuckled as he walked over to hers. "This is weird, but I swear I'm not hitting on you."

"Okay." She said, unsure.

"I don't know if you noticed, but, uh, my friend was watching you all night. MacKinnon? Well, Nathan. Number,"

"Yeah, I know who he is. I'm sporting him currently." She interrupted.

"Do you think I could give you his number? Or get him yours?" Cameron asked.

Alex nodded. "Yeah." She took her marker and grabbed his hand. She wrote her number, largely. "Tell him to text me."

"God, he's gonna love me for this." Cameron chuckled as he rolled his sleeve back down.

"He won't be the only one." Alex's friend mumbled.

Alex rolled her eyes and turned around. Cameron went back into the change room. He ran over to Nathan, ruffling his hair. Nathan shoved him away. He was more than confused. Cameron rolled up his sleeve. Nathan furrowed his brows.

"What?" He questioned.

"The girl you were eyeing all night, that's her number." Cameron explained.

"Okay? Congratulations?" Nathan hissed.

"I got it for you, dumb ass." Cameron rolled his eyes.

"You're a beaut." Nathan sighed, pulling out his phone to add her number.

And that's how it all began. The first little while was hard. They weren't entirely serious, but they wanted to be. One night after his away game, he called her and confessed to her that he wanted to be with her. She admitted she felt the same. They agreed to hang out more often, and that they did. Thus, getting them to where they were now.

Alex tilted her head back, looking up at him. Nathan brought his hand up and stroked her hair. They just stared at her. Laying in each other's arms, neither could believe that they got here. Nathan honestly couldn't wrap his head around the fact that someone cared about him enough to put up with the traveling and his moods.

"We've been weird tonight." She broke the silence.

"I like it." He confessed, pecking her lips. "I like you."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd really like some feedback on this story. I really like the idea but I don't know if anyone else does...