Status: Hella active yo

The Babysitter

I Crumble Completely When You Cry

Wynonna was given three whole weeks of after school detention to serve, while Marissa was given two days for instigating the fight. That day, Wynonna came home and she was automatically grounded when she stepped in the door. Although her mother and father were firm, it was clear that they were both proud. Michael especially, his daughter broke a girl’s nose and he’s never had the guts to do that before. Wynonna went up to her room and with a smirk, she turned on her game system and played Final Fantasy.

“Wynonna!” Andy yelled, running into her room, “I heard you broke somebody’s nose.”

“I might’ve.”

“Tell me about it!” He asked anxiously, plugging in another controller and jumping on her bed.

Much like a mother would tell a bedtime story to her child, it was with that exact same attitude she told Andy. “Dude, that is so cool! You know Mom and Dad are happy too?”

“They don’t want me to know it, but yeah, I know.”

“Also, Mom and Dad are going to check on Grandma again tomorrow.”

“Wait what?”

“Apparently, Grandma got really sick again and Grandpa’s really worried and doesn’t trust any of the doctors in Portland.”

“Is she gonna be okay?”

“I don’t know. Dad says she will be okay but Mom doesn’t know.”

“She’ll be okay.” Wynonna says, her eyes glued to the screen. “She always is.”

“But you know what that means, right?”

“What?”

“That Zacky is gonna have to come over again.”

“Well.”

“You’re not upset?”

“Not really.”

“I thought you hated him.”

“Not so much anymore.”

“Do you like like him?” He grinned.

“No.”

“Are you guys friends?”

“Not really.”

“Then what the heck are you?”

“We just get along, is that so bad?”

“No, it’s awesome, Wy.”

\\

At approximately four am, a very tired Zacky stood at the door of the Vanhook residence. He knocked twice and waited for somebody to answer and when Jane arrived, she gave him a soft smile and said, “I’m sorry it was such short notice, Zack.”

He yawned, “It’s nothing really.”

“If you want, we could call another babysitter-”

Zacky interrupted Michael and said, “Mr Vanhook, it’s fine. Really. I think Andy would be disappointed to find out that we won’t have our rematch in Mortal Kombat later on today.”

“You’re sure you’re okay?”

He nodded, “I’ll just go to bed in a few.”

“Alright.” Jane said, her face still full of concern, “We’ll go now so you can sleep. You know where everything is, numbers, food?”

Zacky nodded again, “Yep.”

“Let’s go Jane, your mother is sick.”

“Okay, we’ll be back soon. Take care of our babies.”

And with that, the door closed and Zacky was left in the quiet room. He dropped his bag on the foot of the couch and collapsed on the soft cushions. It was soft enough to sleep in, he got to sleep quickly, for he had to wake up in two hours.

\\

“Zack? Zack wake up!”

Groaning, his eyes fluttered open to see Andy staring at him, his hands on his arm, shaking violently, “What’s up little dude?”

“It’s eight o’clock.”

His eyes widened and he shot off the couch, “What?!”

“It’s eight o’clock.”

“Are you serious?! Why didn’t you wake me up earlier!?”

‘“You looked tired.”

“Fuck. You’re late!”

“I don’t have to go to school.”

“The school is going to call your mom, your mom is going to call me and I’m going to get-”

The both were interrupted by the sound of the telephone ringing in the kitchen.

“Oh motherfucker.” He said under his breath, getting off the couch and running to get the phone. Taking a deep breath, he took it off the dock and answered, “Hello?”

“Slept in, Mr Baker?”

Zacky cringed and rubbed his forehead, “Mrs Vanhook-”

“I really shouldn’t have expected much really. Waking a teenager up at four am and then expecting them to wake up on time.”

“I’m so sorry-”

“Don’t be. Wynonna and Andy deserve off time don’t you think.”

Now he was confused, “Wait, you’re letting them stay home?”

“That’s not a problem is it?”

“No. No, not at all. Again, I’m really sorry, it won’t happen again. I promise.”

“It happens to the best of us, Zack.” She said before she hung up.

“What’d she say?”

“She said that you’re staying home...”

“Yeah!” Andy yelled out, running up the stairs to go play videos games. The sleepiness that Zacky felt was now gone from the fright. He went up the stairs to brush his teeth and when he was finished, he passed by Wynonna’s room. Zacky smiled and invited himself in, grabbing her sheets, he pulled them off her body and she clenched, her whole body in a ball.

“What was the point?!” She groaned.

“I’ve come to tell you that there is no school today.”

Wynonna sat up and wrapped her hair in a bun, “What are you talking about? It’s Friday-” She glanced at the clock and widened her eyes, “It’s eight ten?!”

“About that-”

“I’m two hours late!”

“Your mom called. She said that you guys were staying home.”

“Why?” She asked with suspicion.

“Because your babysitter isn’t good at waking up at six a.m when they were awake only two hours ago.”

“Then why’d you come over and pull my sheets off if we don’t have school?”

“I wanted to see how long it would take for you to slam your Spanish book in my nose.” He grinned.

Wynonna rolled her eyes and pulled her sheets back over her head, “Leave.”

“On it.”

\\

Not even three days passed when Michael and Jane returned home. Zacky, Wynonna and Andy arrived and saw the grave faces. Zacky’s smile from Andy’s previous joke faded and Wynonna’s heart quickened. They know.

Jane came over to Zack and handed him the check, her tear stained face smiling at him with the little happiness she had left. “Thank you” she said hoarsely.

And with that, he grabbed his bag and left the house with the image of Wynonna crying.

\\

The next day of school was bleak and dreary. The sky was full of clouds and they poured out rain for hours at a time. In Sociology, Wynonna said nothing and Mr Greggs expected nothing else from her. He had gotten the call from her mother. When she entered, she sat in her seat and rested her head on the desk, allowing little snivels come out. All Zacky could do was watch. When class ended, he followed her out into the pouring rain and surprised her when he opened his umbrella, shielding her from the cold rain.

She smiled weakly, “Hi.”

“Hey.” Zack replied, “You okay?”

“Not really.”

“Right, stupid question.”

The rain was starting to cease and it was only a sprinkle now. Wynonna and Zacky stood in the pavilion, he closed his umbrella and asked, “Do you wanna talk about it?”

“Not unless you want to see snot and tears.”

“I have a younger brother who cried all the time. I’ll be used to it.”

“I’d rather not, thanks though.”

“Then how about I tell you something really weird?”

“How weird?”
“Not so much weird but kind of...gay.”

“Gay?”

“Yeah well, Brian and I were at a party, drunk off our ass and,” Zacky continued to tell the story as the one minute warning bell rang, “...so he comes up to me and kisses me, saying you’re my best friend and I love you.”

“That’s not gay. I would’ve thought you guys lost your virginity to each other or something.”

“God no, not to Brian. Fucking beast.”

Wynonna giggled, “Was he a good kisser?”

“Too drunk to remember.” He laughed.

“Your friends sound nice.”

“Yeah, they are. But that’s not all he told me though.”

“What else did he tell you?”

Zacky put his umbrella on the floor and extended his arms, “He told me I was great hugger, so bring in, Dweeb.”

Wynonna smiled and wrapped her arms around his waist, allowing him to hold her with a vice like grip, “You know everything is going to be okay, right?”

“Yeah,” She sighed, “I know.”

“Good. You know, I could call your mom and tell her you puked or something so you can go home.”

“No, I’m fine. Thank you.”

“It’s nothing.”

“It’s something.” She smiled, wiping the tears off her face with her jacket, “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow.” He waved, turning around and seeing Brian standing in front of him with his arm crossed. Zacky jumped and threw a punch to his chest, “You cocksucker! You scared the living shit out of me!”

Brian rubbed his pec and said, “I’d never date a freshman, said Zack Baker, especially not Wynonna Vanhook. Also said by Zack Baker.”

“I’m not dating her.”

“You two looked awfully cozy.”

“Her grandma just died, you piece of shit. I was comforting.”

“Since when do you comfort people?!”

“Since now, shit head!”

“I could be wrong, but comforting doesn’t include goo goo eyes, or does it?”

Zack rolled his eyes and opened his umbrella, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“You don’t like her. You’re in love with her.”

“I am not.”

“Dude, we won’t judge you-”

“I am not in love with her!”

“But-”

“I don’t! Let it go!” He yelled as he stomped off. Brian could’ve sworn he saw smoke out of his ears.

“What’s wrong with him?” Matt asked, his hood over his head.

“He’s in love. He just doesn’t know it yet.”

“With who?”

“Wynonna.”

“But I thought-”

“Yeah. Me too.” Brian said, scratching his head and thinking.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you've never heard 505 by Arctic Monkeys I suggests you go listen to it

it's my favorite

Anyway, I finished my last EOC today hell yeah

so more chapters on their way soon