Status: Hella active yo

The Babysitter

Do Me a Favor, Stop Asking Questions

A month passed and contrary to what Brian believed, they were not together. In fact, they became more distant. First semester was coming to an end, meaning that the only class they had together would soon come to an end and they would never see each other in school.

Currently, Wynonna sat in her English class, barely listening to the teacher about the relationship between Romeo & Juliet. She scribbled in her notebook and sighed. She didn't want to be here. Suddenly, the door opened and it revealed a pretty girl with black hair standing at the doorway. She made eye contact with Wynonna and she smiled.

“Good Morning, Miss DiBendetto, can I help you?”

“Yes actually. Do you mind if I borrow Wynonna Vanhook?”

“Taking the only student that listens to me,” Mrs Meele sighed, smiling at Wynonna, “Go ahead.”

She got out of her seat and gathered her things as she followed the brunette out of the door. “Where am I going?” Wynonna sked.

“Cafeteria.” She says.

“But lunch-”

“Isn't for another twenty minutes? I know.”

“Uh, who are you?”

“I'm Val, and you're Wynonna. Right?”

“Yeah, I am. Why are you taking me to the lunch room?”

“Early lunch. Haven't you had it before?”

“No. I've only been here for two months.”

“No wonder I've never seen you before. I was beginning to think that Zacky was lying about you.”

“Zack?”

“Yeah, he talks about you sometimes.”

“You know him?”

“He's in the band with my boyfriend. Of course I know him.”

“Jimmy?”

Val laughed, “No, not Jimmy. Matt.”

“The scary dude who's always eating?”

“That's him.”

“That's nice.” Wynonna mumbled, looking around the empty cafeteria, seeing that no one else had early lunch.

“Don't worry, early lunch starts in a few minutes.”

“By a few minutes do you mean the actual time that lunch starts?”

Val only smiled to which Wynonna asked, “There is no such thing as early lunch, is there?”

“Not really.”

“Why am I here then?”

“Just wanted to talk and get to know you.”

“Talk to me why?”

“Because Zacky seems to like you, and I mean like like.”

“What?”

“Well he doesn’t know it yet-”

“What are you talking about?!”

“Well you see-”

“Actually, I changed my mind. I really, really don’t want to hear it anymore.” Wynonna said, picking up her things and interrupting Val for the last time, “I’d rather not have someone lie to me.”
“Believe me, the way he talks about you is enough proof.” Val said.

“Thanks for your concern or whatever this is...but I’m going to go to the library. Nice meeting you.”

“Nice meeting you too, I’ll see you around.” She smiled, getting up and walking the opposite way.

Wynonna sighed and made her way to the library. As Wynonna entered the library, she saw Brian walked out of the library with a girl who looked like Val. They both smiled at her as they passed by, which left Wynonna confused. She stood for a minute, blinked and then continued to her usual spot where she opened The Fellowship of The Ring and read quietly to herself until lunch would start. Then, she heard a knock on her table and for the first time in weeks, Zacky sat in front of her, smiling at her with a bag of fruit snacks in his hand.

“Long time no talk.”

“We sit on the other side of the room in Sociology, if you really wanted to talk to me, you would just walk ten feet to my desk.”

“In a bad mood, then?”

“Not really. Just annoyed.”

“If I was a Freshmen, I’d be annoyed too. Have you seen the way your class acts?”

“Do you know who Val is?” Wynonna blurted out.

“Huh? Val?”

“Yeah.”

“She’s Matt’s girlfriend, why?”

“So you guys hang out a lot?”

“She’s usually there for rehearsals and she’s all of our friend. Why?” He repeated.

“Is she nice?”

“Why are you asking me all of this?”

“I met her today. She took me out of class for early lunch.”

“Fuck is that.”

“She duped me into thinking it was a real thing.”

“She might do that. She's good at...duping.”

“Tell me about it.”

“What did she want with you anyway?” He asked, popping fruit snacks into his mouth.

Wynonna took a minute to think, Val never told her not to tell Zacky. “She said something along the lines that you liked me.”

“Of course I do.”

Wynonna's heart jumped to her throat, “What?”

“You're not as annoying as I thought you were. I like to think we're friends.”

“So, she meant you liked me amicably?”

“Yeah, what else could she have meant-oh dammit.”

“What?”

“Nothing. I remembered I have a thing to do later.” He lied, “Fruit snack?”

“No thanks.”

“Not a fan?”

“Never had them.”

“Well now you really have to try them. Here, take a grape.”

“They all taste the same-”

“Shut the hell up and eat the damn thing.”

Wynonna rolled her eyes and ate the gummy. She faked a smile and Zacky asked, “It's good, right?”

“It tastes like compressed sugar into a chewy substance.”

“That is the last time I'm ever giving you a fruit snack.”

“I didn't even ask for one to begin with, so that's all on you.”

“Yeah, yeah. I'll see you later, Wy. I've got to take a dump.”

“Too much information, bye.” Wynonna says, opening her book and continuing to read.

Zacky laughed and continued his way out of the library, lying again to Wynonna and walking to the cafeteria. He sat in his usual spot and listened to the guys talk about the nonsense that they always talked about. Then Val came around and sat next to Matt like she almost always did.

“So, Zack, I talked to Wynonna today.”

“I know she told me.”

“You talked to her?” Brian asked.

“Yeah, I wanted to know what she was like. She's very sassy.”

“Tell me about it.” He smiled, “But what exactly did you talk to her about?”

“Nothing really.”

“That's not what she told me, she told me that you tried to tell her I liked her.”

“Well don't you?”

Zacky groaned and hit his head on the table, “No! I don't!”

“Yeah you do.” Jimmy smiled.

“I'm leaving.” Zacky announced, leaving his trash on the table and making his way back to the library.

“Tell Wynonna we all said hi!” Matt yelled.

Without another word, he gave them the finger and walked off.
♠ ♠ ♠
So do you guys know what's coming up in less than two weeks?!

Final exams! Meaning I get headaches and dizzy, oh I'm so excited!!

Anyway, I just felt like I should tell you that.

Ana out.