Status: Hella active yo

The Babysitter

Going to Be Alright

The next morning, Wynonna awoke with a smile on her face. Andy asked her what was the deal with the grin but she never told, but when Andy walked up the stairs to get ready for the day, Elisa looked at Wynonna with a smirk. Wynonna's eyebrows were raised, “Is something wrong, Elisa?”

“Not at all, Mija. Did you enjoy your time with your boyfriend?”

“What?”

“I was not born yesterday. I woke because I felt the cold. You let someone in.”

“I didn't.”

“No lie, Wynonna. I will not tell your mother, okay?”

“How can I be sure that you won't?”

“Because I said, there is nothing wrong with older husband.”

“He's not my husband.”

“Is same thing. Me and my husband never got married, but he is always my husband.”

“That's sweet Elisa.” Wynonna smiled.

Es el amor, hija.” She responded, “Go get ready for school.”

“There is no school today. We're on break, remember? Mom told you.”

“Oh shit. I forget.”

Wynonna laughed,“It's fine. Do you mind if I go to the corner store?”

“Does your Mami let you do that?”

“All the time.” She lied, she needed desperately to go for a walk, but telling Elisa that the corner store was, in fact, right around the corner seemed to help.

“Watcherful.”

“I will, I will.” She smiled, putting on her shoes and walking out the door. Her walk was lovely. She was in a good mood and everything just felt alright with the world. As she walked down the boardwalk, she saw that Brian was rushing towards his car. He caught her eye and his eyes widened, “Wynonna!”

“Oh great.” She mumbled to herself, she stopped walking and waited for him to catch up to her.

“Did you hear about Zack?”

“What? No.” Had he already told him about the relationship?

“Car accident. Some guy ran a red light.”

Oh fuck, “What?! Is he okay?!”

“I mean, I think so. I have no idea. I was just heading to the hospital if you wanted to come with.”

“I don't know, I have to tell my babysitter and then-”

“Look, I'll drive you there, you'll tell her real quick and then we'll go if you want.”

Wynonna tapped her foot on the pavement and thought quickly about it, she didn't know Brian as well as she should, but it was needed, “Alright, let's go.”

Brian unlocked the door and Wynonna jumped in the car, quickly giving Brian directions to her house. When they arrived (which was only a few seconds thanks to Brian's reckless driving), she got out of the car as quickly as she could and ran inside the house, breathless from the little running she did. “Elisa!” She yelled out.

“What, what!? What is happening!”

“Zacky he's in the hospital, I have to go see him!” She urged.

“Who is that? The boyfriend?”

“Yes, him. I have to go but please don't tell my mom if she calls, please, Elisa? I'm begging you.”

“Go, I tell you Mami you still sleep. Go.”

Wynonna nodded and ran back out the door to see that Andy was at the top of the stairs, staring at his sister with a confused look. Back outside, Wynonna jumped back into the car and so began the race to the hospital.

\\//

Zacky's head spinned when he woke up. He blinked at the harsh lighting and tried to sit up but the sharp pain of his head and ribs stopped him. He winced, “Oh sweet fuck.” He groans, giving up and returning to his resting position. He blinked again and then remembered the vague memories he had of last night, the only thing he had really remembered was the ambulance and the body bag. He guessed that he was in a car accident and the other guy didn't survive. Zacky was frightened and began counting his fingers.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.

Then his toes.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.

Lastly, he lifted his hand up slowly and looked inside his pants.

Everything is there. He thought to himself with relief, being able to rest without the thought that he didn't have certain bits.

Suddenly, a loud swing of the door and Wynonna and Brian came in. Both having equally terrified looks on their faces.

“Oh, Zack.” Brian said, his face twisting in sadness.

“What? Is it that bad?”

“You have four cuts on your face, Zacky.” Wynonna said softly, walking towards him and taking his hand in hers.

“I'm guessing they're not the cool kind going by the look of your faces.”

“What happened?” Brian asked, taking the other seat next to him.

“I don't remember. Really, I don't. I remember an ambulance, a body bag, and then I passed out. That was it.”

“You're a big help. This means you can't sue because the bastard is dead.” Brian grumbled.

“Well, obviously.”

“Sue the family.”

“Why? They didn't do anything.”

“It's not fair, dude.”

“Life isn't fair. I think he paid for it, he's dead.”

“I've got to call Matt or something.”

“You're gonna tell him?”

Brian gave him a face that said duh and left the room, leaving Wynonna and Zacky alone in the hospital room.

“How are you feeling?” Wynonna asked.

“I'm not that bad. My ribs and head hurt but that's about it.”

“Only your ribs and head? Yeah, totally nothing.”

“Shut up.” He laughed, “You know, when I woke up, I counted all my fingers and toes?”

“Are they all there?”

“Thankfully. Also counted my balls.”

Wynonna giggled and held his hand a little tight, “Are those still there?”

“Luckily.” He smiled, lifting her hand and kissing it gently, “Not the best way to spend the first day together, huh?”

“Not really,” She sighed, “But it could've been worse.”

“It could've. Couldn't it?”

“Yeah.” Wynonna replied, thinking about the inevitable.

“How are you?”

“A lot better than you are, I'll tell you that.”

“Oooh. Good one.”

“Do you know when you're getting out?”

“I don't even know what's wrong with me. I'm guessing I've got a broken rib or two but as far as my head. I don't have any idea.”

“I'm sure I can assist you with that, Mr Baker.” Dr West says, walking in and raising an eyebrow, “Wynonna?”

“Hi Uncle Oliver.” She smiled sheepishly.

“Does your mother know you're here?”

“My babysitter does.”

“But I thought he was your babysitter?”

“No. Well he was but I have another babysitter now.”

“So let me get this straight before you continue to change the subject, you're mother and father aren't here. They aren't in California, and they most definitely do not that you're here unsupervised.”

“I'm not unsupervised, I'm here with you.”

“You are most definitely not here with me. You are here because you care about your babysitter.”

“We're friends.”

“Please, Wynonna. I wasn't born yesterday.”

Zacky cleared his throat, “Hello? So what's wrong with me?”

“Right of course.” Oliver said, shaking his head and clearing his mind, “Three broken ribs on your left side and a slight concussion. Your left arm had a small fracture but as you can see, we've fixed it before you woke up.”

“Is this what this uncomfortable thing is on my ribs? A brace?”

“Of course. We needed to fix it some how.”

“Right. Anything else, you kind of gave me a laundry list here.”

“We've given you morphine to deal with the pain. We called you parents apart from the fact that you are eighteen, we thought that they'd want to know.”

“No, it's good that you did.” He sighed, “Again, anything else?”

“That's about it. Is there anything you require? Extra pillows? Water?”

“Nah. I'm good.”

“Good. Nurse Adel will come and check on you every few minutes or so. I don't know, nurse things.” He sighed as he scribbled something in his chart, “Wynonna may I have a word with you?”

“Shit.” She said beneath her breath, Zacky gave her one last squeeze of her hand as she walked out with him.

They walked a few feet away from the room and he looked at her sternly, “Are you dating him?”

“No. I'm not.”

“He's eighteen Wynonna, need I remind you that you're only fifteen?”

“Why does it matter? I'm not dating him. He's my friend. How many times do I have to say it?!”

“You've only said it twice young lady. Also, I haven't forgotten that you're here, unsupervised. Did you walk here? Who brought you?”

“Friend of Zack's.”

“Do you know his name?”

“I know it's Brian.”

“That's it? Brian?”

“I think his last name is like...Herbert or something.”

“Wynonna.” He said again, firmly.

“I'm fine, okay? I'm completely unscathed.”

“I'm aware. I'm also aware that you two probably drove here as fast as you could? Probably driving ten more than the limit.”

Wynonna sighed, and leaned against the wall, and continued to listen to her uncle's lecture.

“...don't you know the danger?!....”

“...are you listening?....”

“...I'm callling your mother when you leave do you understand?...”

“Wait what?”

“Now you're listening, eh? That's right, young lady. I'm calling your mother and telling her what you did.”

“You can't tell her! I'll be grounded for the rest of my life!”

“I hope that you learn that way.”

“Oliver!”

“Don't Oliver me. Go. I'm done talking.”

“But-”

“You didn't listen to me speak so I won't listen to you speak.” He said, spinning on his heel and walking away.

“Damn.” She groaned, walking back into the room and seeing that Zack and Brian were talking.

“What was that all about?” Zacky asked.

“Apparently, my uncle is not letting go the fact that I am not dating you and is now calling my mother.”

“This is semi my fault.” Brian said, “Maybe I shouldn't have driven so fast.”

“But you did.”

“Look girl-”

“Me? Date you? Wy, you're total jailbait.”

“I know that. Plus, I'd never date you. Are you kidding me?”

Zacky raised an eyebrow and Wynonna smirked at him while Brian looked in between the two of them his own eyebrow raised, there's definitely some flirtation here, he thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Broken English again hello

Zacky's safe again hip hip hooray

what if i just kill him off
haha just kidding i wouldn't do that to you

hah

haha

never