Status: Hella active yo

The Babysitter

Vicodin Kisses

Wynonna stayed on Zacky's bed for a while longer. She almost didn't want to leave but she knew that if she were to stay longer, her mother would have a heartattack. But, even when her mind was on her more than overprotective mother, she cherished every second with her newly made boyfriend, even if all he did was eat and read the book.

“What are reading? You've got the title of the book taped up.”

“Don't worry about it.”

“Just let me read a sentence.”

“No way.”

“Are you reading what I think you're reading?”

“No-”

“Oh my God, which book are you reading?”

“I'm not reading your Lord of the Nerds book, Wy.”

“You'd be cute if you are.”

“You're supposed to think I'm cute anyway.”

Wynonna smiled and kissed his nose, looking at the book and seeing the name, Thorin. “You're reading The Hobbit!”

“So what?”

“You told me you weren't reading Lord of the Rings.”

“Technically, I'm not.”

“Techincally, you lied to me.”

“It was bound to happen- ow.” He winced.

“You okay?”

“Yeah.” He said putting the book down and yanking the glasses off his face, his face twisting in pain.

“Zack, you don't look okay.”

“I'm fine.” He gasped, clenching his fist.

“You're not okay. I'm going to get your mom.”

“No don't. She'll freak out.” He said, taking her hand and holding on to it tightly.

“Well you're freaking me out. I'm getting her.”

“Okay yeah. Please.” He groaned, squeezing his eyes shut and feeling that he might vomit from the pain.

When Wynonna returned from retrieving Zacky's mom, she saw that she handed him a pill and urged him to drink it. He did so and the sweating soon began to stop. He calmed down and he began to breathe evenly. His mother took a towel and wiped the thin sheet of sweat that remained on his forehead.

“Does it really stop the pain that fast?” Wynonna asked her

“Not really.” She sighs, “It just makes him feel like he's calmer. It worries me.”

“Why is that?”

“People get addicted to Vicodin all the time. I try not to give it to him in excess but he's just in so much pain.”

“My dad's a doctor, if you want I could ask him to pop in and check on him if you want...”

Mrs Baker looked at Wynonna with a small smile and patted her back, “I could never ask that of your father. He's busy enough working in an actual hospital. I'm sure he'll be fine in a few more weeks.”

“Yeah. Of course.”

“But...if you could have Zacky be checked on just once in a week or something...that would be lovely. Of couse, only if you're father wants to.”

“I'm sure it would be no problem for him. After babysitting me and my brother, I'm sure that he owes Zack a lifetime.”

Mrs Baker let out a sad laugh and patted her shoulder, “Thank you, Wynonna. Really.”

“It's nothing. Anyway, I better get going, my mom is going to be really mad if I come home later than nine o' clock.”

“Do you want me to give you a ride home?”

Wynonna saw that SUV in the driveway and smiled, “No thank you. My ride is here.”

“Alright, take care and thank you again.”

Wynonna smiled at her and patted Zacky's hand before walking out of his room and out the house. She hopped into the SUV and saw that Brian was the only one inside, a cigarette in his mouth as he waited for her.

“Ms Monroe is going to kill one of the twins for having the smell of cigarettes lingering in her car.”

“Her boyfriend smokes. I'll be fine.” He sighs, the white smoke seeping from his lips, “How's Zack?”

“He's better I think. He's still in pain but the medication is helping.”

“That's good. What about you, how are you feeling?”

“Me?”

“Yeah. Your secret relationship isn't so secret anymore.”

“Who else did you tell?!”

“No one. Jesus, I'm just saying that Alyssa knows and her brother and me. I mean, it's safe to say that it's not a secret anymore.”

“If the school doesn't know, it's still a secret.”

“How long has this secret relationship been happening, huh?”

“Well let's see...” Wynonna hummed, “When Zacky first crashed, that was about our first day so I'm guessing that we've been together for about a week, maybe?”

“Good job, you managed to keep it a secret for a week. Impressive.”

“Why is that impressive?”

“Because if I was dating a hot Freshman I would be rubbing that shit all around.” He grinned.

“Oh jeez.” Wynonna laughed, feeling the heat rise to her cheeks, “I thought you didn't date Freshman.”

“I did say if. And I don't.”

“Do you think you'd ever find a Freshman who'd change your mind right now?”

“Oh hell yeah. For example, if she was a Freshman in college.”

“I mean a Freshman in high school.”

“There's this girl, she's pretty cute. But apart from that, I think that's as far as it goes.”

“What's her name?”

“Myrte.”

“That's not her real name, is it?”

“Duh. Do you really think I'd tell you who she is?”

“Give me a hint.”

“She's a Freshmen, cute and taken.”

“There are a lot of those.”

He looked at Wynonna and smiled, “I know.”

“I'll find out eventually.”

“When you do, call me up and tell me if she likes me.”

“Why would I do that? You have a girlfriend.”

“It's good to know things.” He said, parking in front of Wynonna house, “Get out, kid.”

“Gee, thanks.” She sighed, opening the door and hopping out of the huge car, “I'll see you around.”

“You know it.” He nodded, waiting until she got to the door to drive away, he watched her and sighed, “Cute and taken.” Brian said to himself, putting the car on drive and making his way to return the borrowed car. He was making a huge mistake.
♠ ♠ ♠
love triangle whaaaat
don't hate me

Anyway, I'm sorry for being gone so long my power was out for like three days and that was the biggest pain in the ass because I had this chapter just sitting here.

It hurt.