You're My Injustice

Chapter 17

It’s been over a month since Joe asked me to officially be his girlfriend, at his birthday celebration that his family threw for him, and a whole lot has happened. At Payback I kept my title against Victoria and the Shield won against Evolution in the No-Hold Barred Elimination match with a clean sweep. However, the next day the whole WWE Universe was shocked when Colby “betrayed” Joe and Jon by beating them with a steel chair and joined the Authority. It was a huge shock to the fans, even I didn’t know that this was going to happen and Joe usually tell me what their storyline role was going to be for the night. However, with this “betrayal” of Seth Rollins, Joe and Jon decided to end the Shield for good and started having more single matches where Jon and Colby were feuding just like they did back in FCW and Joe would feud with Randy Orton and Glen (Kane). I’m glad to see all three men doing well in their single matches, but I do miss all three of them being a unit and traveling together. We were all still friends outside of the ring, but nothing could break the brotherly relationship that Joe, Jon, and Colby have. I haven’t traveled with Jon and Joe recently because I’ve been traveling with Eva or with Tenille due to Paul’s traveling arrangements. However, I usually stay in the hotel room with Joe and Dean unless the girls wanted a girl’s night.

Even with these changes at work, my relationship with Joe has been going really well. We always made sure that WWE didn’t take away all of our personal time to do what couples do. Everyone in the roster knew that we were an official couple during the week at Payback, but it was within last week that the public found out about our relationship due to photos taken by anonymous people. A lot of fans were asking us if it was true that Joe and I were together and we both stated simply that we were and that we wish to keep the rest of our personal lives private, which they respected.

Anyway, it was the day after Money in the Bank and I was still the Diva’s champion after defeating Trinity (Naomi of the Funkadactyls). She was definitely a real competitor and our match last night was one of the best and the toughest match I ever hand. I definitely had a ball last night. Not only did I keep my title, Colby is now Mr. Money in the Bank, Jonathan and Joshua are still the Tag Team Champions, and John Cena is now the WWE World Heavyweight Champion…for the fifteenth time. I was definitely bummed that Joe didn’t win the titles, because I really thought that he deserved to win. If not him, I wouldn’t mind if Claudio (Cesaro), Windham (Bray Wyatt), or Stephen (Sheamus) were to win. I just didn’t want John, Randy, or Glen to win. However, Joe would be getting a second chance at the WWE World Heavyweight Championship title at Battleground in a Fatal-Four Way match against John, Randy, and Glen next month.

Now back to reality, I was at the gorilla by myself besides the production and stage crew, since Joe was doing an interview with Renee and Colby and Jon were cutting promos. I didn’t have a match tonight, so I was just going out there and make a little speech about my win last night and what not. My theme music played, which was my cue to head out to the ring. I did my normal dancing and high-fiving fans that I did when I walked down to the ring and reached out for a microphone which was kindly given to me. I walked around the ring listening to the crowd mostly cheer, making me smile before I brought the mic towards my lips.

“I am a woman of a few words, by the way. Usually I let my actions speak for me.” I started with a small smile and a little laugh before continuing with my speech, “But now, I know there are a few people out there that thought I didn’t deserve to be a champion. That I should probably go back down to NXT.” I paused and let the crowd cheer again. “But I feel like in the past three months that I deserve to be here, and I have proven that I am here to STAY!”

Li-li-li-li-li-light it up . Let’s light it up!

My eyes went wide as I heard that theme song play that I haven’t heard since I made my debut back in April. I turned around and saw April, or known as AJ Leee, skipping her way down the ramp. When the fuck did she get back? I would have noticed her presence backstage. More importantly why the hell is she out here during my segment of all time? Why didn’t she make her appearance when Chris (Chris Jericho) and Michael (The Miz) made theirs earlier on?

I snapped out of my thoughts and protectively held the Diva’s Championship belt on my shoulder and kept my eye on her when I saw April standing right in front of me with a mic in her hand.

“Jaelyn.” She paused as the crowd was cheering because of her return and cheering her now husband’s ring name CM Punk. “Look, I just wanted to come out here and say that you’re right.”

I looked at her, not knowing what to say. I’m still trying to figure out why the fuck she’s here. This wasn’t in the script that I had received earlier.

“Um, sorry?” I asked, still trying to figure out her purpose here.

She sighed, “Look this isn’t entirely easy for me to say, but you’re right. I mean, you did what no woman, in almost a year, could do. You proved me wrong.” She said and some of the fans started clapping at her little speech. “You proved everyone wrong. And I know the kind of person I’d became. I let success go to my head. And granted, I was the longest reigning Divas Champion of all time. But I shouldn’t have rubbed it in everyone’s face like I did.”

Bitch you just did it now. We all know you were the longest reigning Divas Champion.

“I thought I was untouchable. And you gave me the slap of reality that I needed. So I wanted to return the favor and say thank you and congratulations.” She said and that’s when it hit me. She’s trying to pull the same stunt I pulled on her back on my debut. April must really think I’m stupid enough to fall for her version of my stunt.

I walked around her once and laughed slightly with a hint of sarcasm. “H-How stupid do you think I am?” I asked her. I really want to know her answer. “AJ, you’re doing exactly what I did to you the night after WrestleMania. And I get it that you’re coming down here to girth me into our rematch because you’re after some kind of poetic justice. But, there’s a problem…It’s not going to happen.” I paused again, “I will not make the same mistake that you did.”

I stopped once more because the crowd started cheering CM Punk over and over. I love Phil (CM Punk) he’s a nice guy and was a great wrestler, but the fan really need to give up cheering his name. He isn’t coming back to WWE because his contract going to end within this week or so and because he doesn’t want to wrestle anymore.

“Besides, I don’t think anyone in this arena wants me to defend my championship tonight.” I said and immediately regretted everything I just said because the crowd started cheering like they wanted me to now that April is back. I’m just annoyed and I just wanted her to leave and not challenge me.

“Well Jaeyln…my sweet little crumpet,” I rolled my eyes at her little pet name for me. “Why don’t we let everyone here decide?” She suggested which egged the crowd even more. April was definitely pissing me off whether she was in character or not, this was not how my segment for tonight was supposed to go down.

“Do you guys want to see a championship rematch here, right now?” She asked and of course the crowd went wild because she is a fan favorite in the Diva division. I mean I was very close getting that same response from fans when she was gone.

I knew the crowd wouldn’t stop cheering until I said yes to the challenge. I mean I never back down from any challenge, but this one almost seem as far-fetch to me. But then again, I beat her the first time…I think I can beat her again. I just know that I have to stay on my feet because she might play dirty. “Okay.” I gave in and April just smiled like her plan had worked.

A referee slid into the ring and I handed him the Divas Championship title belt, which he held up in the air to signify that this match was a title match before signaling the bell to ring. While he did that, April and I handed our mics to other officials so that the microphones won’t be in our way during the match. I could hear Jerry, Michael, and JBL commentating and JBL, being the dick he is, was saying that I was making a mistake and that April is going to easily win this match and take the title back. However, Michael and Jerry tried to boost me up, but I just ignored all three of them together because I didn’t need them to distract me right now, especially now I have my title on the line.

Once the bell rang, April ran towards me and jumped on me, punching my head over and over until I threw her down onto the mat. She got up and went to charge at me, but I stopped her by kicking her right in the gut. I wasn’t going to go easy on her that’s for sure. I grabbed her hair and began head-butting her over and over and then threw back down, making her fall backwards. We kept going back and forth until I gave her a mean clothline that would keep her down.

I dove to cover her body to go for the pin, but April kicked out after the ref counted to two. I got up and walked around her, I was getting really furious right now. I grabbed her by the hair again and lifted her up to her knees, and then got in her face.

“This is my house now!” I screamed at her and slammed her face against the mat again.
I was about to do it again, but she slapped me across the face, making me stumble back. And the next thing I know caught me by surprised, because April rolled me back on my shoulder and wrapped her legs around mine. The referee slid down beside us and started to count. I tried to kick out and roll off my shoulders, but by the time I was able to get a leg loose it was too late.

Winner of this match and NEEEEWWW Divaaas Champion, AJ Lee!!!

The crowd cheered and I just sat there shock, that I lost my title just like that. The referee gave April the Divas Champion belt which she hugged it close to her as she started skipping around. I put my face into my hands and let out a frustrated scream. I’m so pissed at myself for letting my guard down like that.

I quickly got up and climbed out of the ring and head back stage, not looking at the fans while April was still skipping around to celebrate her victory. As soon as I got to the back, I saw the camera crew following me with Brandi Runnels (Eden) behind trying to get my attention. I covered my face with one hand and trying to block them so they could leave me alone.

“Jaelyn, if I can get a quick word with you…Jaelyn can you just stop for a moment? I just got one question.” Damn she’s a persistent one. Can’t she see that I’m upset about this? “Jaelyn…”

“Just leave me alone!” I said still very frustrated and now she’s aggravating me.

“Jaelyn! Jaelyn!” She kept calling, still trying to get my attention but she gave up once I went into my locker room and slammed the door shut and slid down to the floor.

Once I heard her finally leave and knew that no one else was here, I let the tears that I was holding in to roll down my cheeks. I wouldn’t be upset if I knew about April’s return. If I knew about that and possibly knowing that I might have an impromptu match, I would have been more prepared. I actually hate that I’m crying right now, because I never let things like this make me cry.

After a few minutes of trying to stop the tears from falling down, I suddenly heard a knock on the door. I ignored it at first, but the knock didn’t stop.

“Go away.” I said but that still didn’t stop the person from knocking again.

“Leave me alone!” I said with a pissed off look on my face as I went to open the door.

“Baby girl, it’s just me.” Joe said and I instantly softened my facial expression.

“Can I come in, please?” He asked softly and I nodded, opening the door wide enough for him to come in.

Joe walked inside and I just sat back down on the bench that I was sitting on a moment ago. He sat down next to me, resting his hand on my thigh with his thumb caressing it. I just looked down to the ground like the cement flooring was interesting.

“Baby girl,” He said softly but I didn’t bother to look at him. Joe sighed softly and knelt down in front of me so I could look at him. “I know you’re upset about what just happened out there a few minutes ago, I would be too. I can tell by your reaction during your segment with April that it wasn’t scripted and you really didn’t know anything about her return. Hell I don’t think anyone except Paul and the McMahon’s knew what’s going on.”

I nodded but sighed softly. “I wouldn’t have minded the title match if I knew about it even if it was a last minute change and I was scheduled to lose, I would feel a lot better about than I do now. I just feel cheated and I just want to know why and what did I do to deserve that?” I quietly said the last part.

Joe reached over and pulled me into to his arms for a much needed hug. He rested his chin on top of my head and used his one of his hands to rub my back in a soothing motion.

“Let’s go talk to Paul and Stephanie, I’m sure they can answer your questions and explain why the situation in the ring happened in the first place.” He said and kissed my forehead before pulling my up to my feet.

Joe and I left my locker room to head over Paul’s office and hopefully he or Stephanie could clear things up for me. He had his arm wrapped on my waist and I was hugging his side as we were walking, but we let go of each other once we found the office. Right as I was about to knock on the door, it opened and Colby was coming out. He stopped in his tract when he saw us and gave me a sad smile, knowing that he saw what happened during my aired time. Colby gave both of us a hug and said that he would catch up to us later since he had a promo to cut.

Once Colby left, Joe was called for his match against Glen (Kane) which left me by myself to go talk to Paul. I knocked lightly on the door and I heard a pair of feet shuffling towards the door before it opened, revealing Stephanie.

“Ah Jamari, I was about to come looking for you. Come in.” She said and opened the door wide enough for me to walk in. I slipped in and sat down in one of the chairs in front of the desk where Paul (Triple H) was sitting behind. He looked up and gave me a sympathetic smile before he got up from his sitting position. Stephanie sat on the edge of the desk after she had closed the door so no one could interrupt us.

“Jamari, I just want to apologize to you for what happened out there in the ring. If we weren’t in a meeting with the Creative team, I would have stopped April from interfering with your segment. She wasn’t supposed to make her return until next RAW.” Stephanie started and I looked up at her.

“Wait, so her appearance wasn’t planned and challenging for the diva’s title tonight was never discussed?” I asked and she nodded.

“It was never our intention for you to lose the title this soon. We wanted you to keep it longer and wanted you to have it especially when we go to Virginia for RAW in two weeks. We really like you Jamari, and we would never let a situation like that happen without letting both of the contenders knowing about it even if it were to be a last minute change.” Paul said and I knew they were being sincere. I’m just glad that the whole AJ Lee appearance was not planned, although it still sucked that it still happened and I lost my title because of it.

“What we can do is, strip the divas title from April and give it back to you and make an announcement saying that the match didn’t count and so on” Stephanie said as to make a decision on what to do now, but I shook my head.

“No, I can’t do that. I feel like I cheated if we did that. I want to fight for title and earn it back the right way. Maybe a title match at Battleground if you haven’t schedule the divas match yet.” I suggested and they nodded in agreement.

“We can definitely do that. It will be one hell of a diva title match for a pay-per-view. You got the match, kiddo.” Stephanie said with a genuine smile and patted my shoulder.

“Now the only thing we have to make a slight change in your storyline. The Creative team didn’t feel like they developed your character fully, of course they love you being the champion but they wanted to put a little ‘umph’ to give your character what it needed. But now things has changed and now I don’t know what to give them.” Paul said in a stressed manner.

“Well I have an idea that I have been wanting to throw out to the Creatives. I really wasn’t expecting it to be used for me, but now I think it would work perfectly for me…of course that’s if you like it.” I spoke up.
“Oh yeah? Well lay it out then. We’re open for anything.” Paul urged me as he and Stephanie sat up and then gave me their attention.

I smiled and began to explain every little detail of my idea that would possibly develop my character and become my new storyline. Thirty minutes later after giving my idea and letting Paul and Stephanie give me their input and add a little spice to it, all three of us decided that it would be my new storyline and it will give the fans a great reaction.

“So it’s settled. I’ll send the storyline to the Creative team and we’ll begin it next week at RAW.” Paul said and shook my hand as we agreed to my idea. Stephanie shook my hand as well and wished me good luck, before I dismissed myself from their office. Once I left the room, I saw Joe, Colby, and Jonathan standing in front of me, all looking concerned. I guess they have been waiting for me to come out.

“Are you okay, Jamari? Joe told Colby and I about what happened.” He said as he pulled me into a hug.

“I’m fine now. I talked things out with Paul and Stephanie. They had no part in what April did out there during my segment, but we settled everything so now everything is okay.” I said, feeling a whole lot better now than I was earlier.

“Oh good babe, so do you have your title back and what not.” Joe asked, feeling relieved seeing that I was in a better mood, as he draped his arm around my waist and kissed the side of my head.

“Not exactly, but I do have a chance to retain it when I go against her at Battleground.” I smiled and they congratulated me.

“But if I don’t win, I have a Plan B, as the famous Triple H says, that will go in effect. So either way, I’ll get something good out of this and I’m excited for whatever happens.” I said and Colby smirked because he was behind the ‘Plan B’ that Triple H had for when The Shield broke up.

Joe and Colby rolled their eyes playfully, but smiled nonetheless and were happy that I handled everything professionally. We continued to talk and catch up with each other since a lot has gone on since the Shield break up. Colby told us that he proposed to long term girlfriend Leighla, who I had the pleasure meeting when Joe and I visit them in Iowa for his birthday. Jon surprised us too when he told us that dating Renee Paquette (Renee Young). I was happy for both guys as good thing were happening for them in their relationship and I thought about my relationship with Joe and how we were doing great.

Soon we went our separate ways since Jon was in the main event match against Randy, which Colby and Joe will be taking part of too. I was now heading over to meet Eva and Tenille at our rental car so we could go back to our hotel room. Joe was out walking with me to the car, since I wasn’t planning on spending the night with him in his hotel room because he would be getting their late and I was just too tired to stay at the venue any longer.

“I’m glad that with everything that happened tonight is okay now and that you’re doing much better. I hated seeing you upset and seeing you cry really had me upset.” Joe said softly as we were approaching the rental car where the girls were waiting for me. They got inside the car and I popped the trunk by pressing the button on the key.

“I am too, and do you how upset I was that I let something like that to make me cry? I hate crying, especially crying in front of people. That’s why I kept walking away from Brandi when she was trying to interview me. I knew that the tears were going to fall.” I said as I began putting my bags in the trunk, with his help. “But everything worked out still. Sure I’m not happy with April’s action, but I’ll get over it.”

After we put my bags in the car, I closed the trunk and faced Joe, giving him a much needed hug. “Thanks for checking on me and calming me down.” I told him sincerely.

“Baby girl, I would do anything to keep you happy, it’s why I’m here for and I’ll be damned if I let someone hurt you, let alone make you cry.” He said softly caressing my cheek with his free hand and pressed his lips on top of mine for a light, but needed kiss. We pulled away and he sighed softly.

“I don’t want to keep you waiting. Call me or text when you get to the hotel okay? And get some sleep, you need it after this rough night you had.” Joe said and kissed my forehead. “Goodnight, baby girl. I’ll see you in the morning and we’ll have breakfast date okay?”

“Goodnight, Joe.” I whispered and I gave him one more squeeze from our hugging position. I let go and got in the passenger seat of the rental car. Eva was driving and Tenille was sitting in the seat behind.

“Goodnight ladies. Take care of my girl when you get back okay? I’m trusting you two.” He lightly joke and I smiled, rolling my eyes playfully.

“We will big guy. Now go back inside and finish your business with Jon.” Tenille joked and Eva laughed before driving off.

Joe waved at me slightly and headed inside once he couldn’t see the car, which made me smile. Just before I dozed off during our trip to the hotel, I kept thinking how I’m lucky to have such a great guy like Joe who took his time to help me when I was upset, when he could have done a million of other things. Seconds later, I fell asleep with the thought of Joe and a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised, I would posted a new chapter within a few days after last chapter. I feel like this chapter came out a little fillerish towards the end, but I hope you guys disagree and think it's still a great chapter.

So I'm still trying to get my story up to date with WWE, which is why I skipped Payback and Money In the Bank. I'm hoping to catch this story up before the Summer Slam PPV which gives me two weeks to do so. So I'm going to challenge myself to update as much as possible. Wish me luck?

Of course, a special thanks goes to IWillMakeYouScream and MzHyde6661 for commenting on the last chapter. You girls are wonderful!!!

And like before and as always, keep sending me comments and keep subscribing and recommending this story.

Also be out on the look out for my Jey Uso story. I know this is like the third time mentioning that story, but I promise I'll be posting the first chapter within this week, because I already started writing it.