Story of a Girl

Never Ending Dream

Dream

"You bitch." Mike says pushing me to the ground.

"Get away from me." I scream.

"Shut up." Mike says taking a knife out of his pocket and going on his knees.

"What are you going to do?" I ask scooting away.
"Mike!" I scream.

"I told you to shut up you little whore." Jay says pushing me down on my back and holding the knife to my throat.

"Mike don't do this!" I scream.

"This will quiet you once and for all." Mike says running the knife across my throat.

End of Dream

I sit up wake up screaming. Tears are running down my face. I silently cry as I catch my breath. It all seemed to real.

"Nikki, you alright?" Zacky asks turning on his right side and then sitting up.

I can't speak. I look at him and keep breathing as hard as I was before. His face tenses up with confusion and worry. He stands up and walks over to my bunk. He slips under the covers next to me and wraps his tattooed arms around my trembling body.

"Nick, what's wrong?" Zacky asks looking me in the eyes.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I say putting my face into his shoulder.

"It's OK. I'm here, don't worry." Zacky says holding me closer.
"Hush, don't cry." He says wiping a tear from my eye.

"Oh Zack, I had a horrible dream. A dream that Mike pulled a blade on me and..." I say starting to cry again.

"It's OK, he's not going to get you, I won't let him." Zacky says looking me in the eyes.

"That's reassuring, it really is, but I'm never going to fall asleep again tonight." I say.

"Not on my watch. Lie down." Zacky says.

I do as I'm told and lay down with my head landing on my pillow. I scoot over a bit so Zack has room. He lays down next to me and leans over my body. He twists my bangs between his fingers and hums seize the day. He closes my eyes with his fingers and I relax soon falling asleep.

The Next Morning

"Um...guys?" Val asks.

"Shit." I say under my breath.

"Shit what babe?" Zacky asks giving me a squeeze.

"Val's standing to the left of us kind of shit." I say.

"Shit." Zacky says.

I open my eyes. Val's leaned over looking into my bunk with a confused look. I awkwardly smile. Zacky sits up and leans against the wall, opens his eyes and looks at Val.

"Ok, someone's going to have to explain." Val says putting her hand on her hip.

"Val, please don't tell Matt." I say.

"Zachary Baker, I'm ashamed of you. I remember Matt saying..." Val says.

"It's not that, we didn't do that." Zacky says.

"I'll tell you what's going on, ONLY if you promise not to tell Matt." I say.

"I can't guarantee anything. It depends." Val says.

"I promise, it's NOTHING bad." I say.

"Ok, now tell me!" Val says.

"We've been dating for the last couple months." I say.

"A lot of things are starting to make sense now." Val says standing up.

"Please don't tell him." I say.

"I won't." Val sighs.

"Thanks Val, your the best." I say.

"Ok whatever, now you, out before Matt sees." Val says pointing at Zacky.