Story of a Girl

Out in the Open

I sit at the table, mindlessly stirring my coffee. What happened last night keeps going though my head. That kiss was just amazing, short but amazing. His soft lips, warm breath against my skin, and...

"Nick...you alright?" Val asks.

"What?" I ask almost spilling my coffee.
"Oh yeah just...thinking." I say.

"About what, cuz you were totally into it." Val says.

"When you and Matt first kissed, what did it feel like?" I ask.

"It was...wonderful." Val says going into her own into her own little world.

"Val!" I say snapping.

"What?" She asks.

"What did it feel like?" I ask.

"Um...why?" Val asks.

"Zacky and I kissed last night." I say.

"Oh my god...you two's first kiss!" Val says.

"Shut up, I don't want Matt to hear." I say.

"Sorry. So my turn, how was you and Zacky's first kiss?" Val asks.

"Amazing." I say.

"That's a good start." Val says.

"You think?" I ask.

"I know." Val says.

I look down at my coffee it's gotta be cooled by now. I've been stirring it for half an hour while thinking about Zack. I take a sip, indeed, it's cooler now. I grab a magazine from the other side of the table and start to read. By this time Val's gone, I didn't even notice her leave.

"Hey Angel." Zacky says sitting next to me and putting his arm around me.

"Don't call me that." I say taking his arm from around me back to his side.

Zacky gives me a confused look. In his eyes I see a bit of tension and hurt. Did I make it sound like I don't love him?

"Sorry. I just don't want Matt to know." I say wrapping my arms around his torso.

"No, I should be sorry. I know the rules it's just..." Zacky says.

"Just what?" I ask.

"It's just so hard to be around you all day and not lay a finger on you or talk to you." Zacky says.

"I know, it's hard for me too. I'll tell Matt one of these days. I just don't want anything bad to happen to us because I tell." I say.

"It won't. Not if I love you, and you love me." Zacky says nuzzling his face into mine.

I look up at Zacky. This would be the perfect moment if Matt didn't enter the room.

"What the hell?" Matt asks putting hands on his hips.

I stare blankly at my brother. The the hell do I do. Shit, guess he's finding out early about Zacky and I.

"We're just so happy to be on tour." Zacky says wrapping his arms around me.

"What are you, high?" Matt asks.

"Maybe." Zacky says giving Matt a big smile.

Matt gives a look. Zacky and I release each other and face forward giving Matt innocent smiles. Matt continues out the door. I wait until he's in the distance to lean against Zacky's chest. I let out a sigh of relief.

"You said it." Zacky says bringing his left hand up and playing with my bangs.

I'm not sure who knows anymore. Definitly Val and maybe Brian. Not Matt yet, and that's a good thing. I'm not sure what would have happened if Matt found out right there. Probably beat up Zacky in some way. Why does my brother have to be such a good mother?