Story of a Girl

I'm With You

Mike grabs my arm and pulls me away from Matt. I try to push him away, but he's too strong for me. Matt grabs him by the shoulders, pushes him against the wall, and punches him in the face making Mike fall to the ground.

"Come on." Matt says running to the stairs.

I follow Matt, not once looking back. The sad part is that the only thing I own in that apparent is the clothes on my back. All of my other stuff was ether thrown away or sold by Mike. I sit in the front seat of Matt's car as I catch my breath from running full speed out of the building.

"I can't believe he did all this to you. Why didn't you tell me before?" Matt asks.

"I was afraid." I say.

"Well don't you worry. I'm not going to let that fucker hurt you again." Matt says.

"Thanks Matt." I say.

"No prob. I mean, you ARE my little sister. Now we better get going." Matt says.

"Alright." I yawn.

"Tiered?" Matt asks.

"You don't get much sleep sleeping on the floor." I say.

"My god, that man treated you horribly. Now you go to sleep, I'll wake you up when we get there." Matt says.

"Thanks Matt." I say curling up in the seat.

I close my eyes and drift to sleep at the easy going motion of the car. I'm thankful that I have a brother like Matt that cares about me. I'd still be in that abusive relationship if it wasn't for him going out of his way to get me.

"Is she dead?" I hear Brian says as he pokes my arm.

I slowly open my eyes. Brian, Zacky, Johnny, and Jimmy are all huddled up around me. Even though I barley saw the guys in the past year or so, they're like my best friends. We all grew up together.

"I thought I told you guys NOT to wake her up." Matt says.

"It's alright Matt, I should be waking up anyways." I say sitting up.

I look around. I must be on Avenged Sevenfold's tour bus. By the looks of it, I think we're moving.

"Know where you are?" Matt asks.

"Yeah....but why am I here" I say.

"Because we all decided that we want you to say." Matt says.

"Matt, I can't thank you enough. First you save me from my doom and then you let me live with you." I say.

"Oh stop. We're brother and sister, were suppose to look after each other." Matt says.

For the rest of the day I just hang with the guys as we travel to the starting place for "The City of Evil Tour". I forgot what having fun actually felt like. Not having to worry about getting beaten or hit for something you did wrong. Usually hanging with the guys means beer, video games, and a bunch of random shit. Yeah, we're a bunch of 22 - 25 year olds who still play video games...deal with it. The back of the bus is arranged with six bunks in two rows. Mine is the first on the right. I sleep on the bottom with Zacky above me. At about this time, almost everyone's in bed and sleeping. I took a shower, so that's why it's taking me so long. Zacky's on dish detail. Since I have no other clothes besides the ones I came in, Val offers something of hers. I pull on the plaid pants and unfold the shirt. Maybe I shouldn't walk around with only pants and a bra on...but the guys are asleep so I don't have to worry.

"Wow..." Zacky says walking in from the lounge.

"What, you've never seen breasts before?" I ask letting the shirt fall over my body.

"It's not that...your side." Zacky says walking closer to me.

"This?" I ask pulling up the corner of my shirt.

"Yeah...did Mike do that to you?" Zacky asks.

"Just today." I say letting go of the corner

"I'm sure glad that your here with me...I mean us, instead of that freak." Zacky says.

"Me too." I say.
"We'll good night." I say hugging him.

"Night." Zacky says hugging me back.

I slip under the covers and close my eyes. Even with the sleep that I got in Matt's car, I'm still REALLY tired. A bed feels so nice compared to the floor, it's not even funny. I think I'll like living with my best friends and my brother...