Story of a Girl

Baby I Love You

I'm backstage playing snake on my phone. It can get pretty slow back here. It's pretty cold too, but then again that's what we get for being in upstate New York. I'm used to the warm Orange County, and we're still here for another week. After losing three straight games in a row, I close my phone and stick it in the pocket of my Blink 182 sweatshirt. I hide my hands in my sleeves and fold my arms. Like I said, it's cold.

"Hey Nick, could you help me out." Val yells from the merch stand.

"Yeah." I yell back standing up off a trunk.

I walk over to the merch stand. Val has her hands full. I take the cash register and she takes orders. How did she manage without me? The merch stand is unusually busy today, so busy that I don't notice a certain someone behind me until he wraps his long arms around my torso, giving me a squeeze.

"Hey angel." Zacky says nuzzling his face into my neck.

"Hey." I say turning my head and lightly kissing him on the lips.

I close my eyes and take in the warmth of his body. How can he be so warm, I'm freezing to death. He takes my hands into his large fingerless gloved hands and continues to keep both arms around me.

"Nikki, your freezing." Zacky says.

I look up at him and rest my head on his chest. He slips off his gloves and slides them over my hands. Then he puts his hands back around mine.

"Thanks. Thats a lot better." I say.

He smiles and kisses my hair. I continue to rest my head on his chest as he gently sways back and forth. I'm still a bit cold, but Zacky helps.

"I gotta sit down, I've been standing for over three hours." Zacky says dropping his arms from my side.

"Here, you can take my chair. I'm not using it much anyways." I say kicking my chair towards him.

"Thanks." Zacky says taking it and sitting next to me.
"Come here, did I say I didn't want you." He says patting his lap.

"Ok." I laugh.

I gently place myself on Zacky's lap wrapping my arms around his body. He puts one arm around me and keeps me in place.

"You still helping?" Val asks.

"Yeah...now that he's here, I can function better." I say.

Val playfully rolls her eyes and goes back to taking merch orders. Every time there's a customer I'm forced to take my arms from around Zacky to work the cash register.

"There's my darling." Matt says running over, kissing Val on the cheek and hugging her from behind.

"Hey Matt." Val says kissing him back.

I hold Zacky closer in my arms, hopefully Matt doesn't notice that I'm sitting on Zack's lap and holding on for dear life to stay warm.

"Nikki...what are you doing?" Matt asks.

"Trying to stay warm." I say resting against Zacky's shoulder.

"No...I think your cuddling with the enemy." Matt says.

"Then I'd be cuddling with you...and that's just weird." I say.

"Nikki..." Matt says stepping closer to Zack and I.

"Matt please, not here." Val says grabbing his hand and stopping him.

Matt turns around and grabs a chair. He sits next to Val and puts his arm around her neck. Maybe I should give THEM a hard time...but then again, Val didn't do anything. I let out a deep aggravated sigh.

"Baaaaaby, I love you." Zacky softly sings in my hear.

"Aw...I love you too." I say turning my head to kiss him.

I see Matt eying us from afar. I just ignore it and turn my full attention back to Zack. He just made my day so much better. Gotta love that man.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can you tell I was listening to the Ramones when I writing this XD