Story of a Girl

Home

I don't care what anyone else says. I'm going to California NOW. I hate the fact that Zack's family is in crisis, and I'm not there for him. It's not like the band really needs me. Plus, I can't sleep, I miss him. I only pack a simple carry on bag. If I need anything else I could just stop by at Matt's.

"Bye, leaving." I say hoping no one heard so I don't have to explain.

"Where are you going sis?" Matt asks.

"California..." I say.

"Why?" Matt asks.

"Zack's there." I say.

Matt lets out a sigh and rolls his eyes. I can tell he hasn't COMPLETELY forgiven Zack, but he's getting there.

"Well...you better get going." Matt says faking a smile.

"Bye." I say hugging him.

"Bye." Matt says.

I ordered plane tickets to California last night on ticket master. Thank god for the internet. I hop off the tour bus steps and walk to the bus stop. From there, it takes fifteen minutes to get to the airport. The best part about this is that Zacky doesn't know I'm coming. The worst part is that I have to sit on a place for about six hours. Oh well...Zacky's expression will be well worth it when he sees me. I get though security in once piece. I remember once they had Jimmy strip down to the boxers because he looked suspicious. That was a funny day.
I get on the plane and search for my seat. Luckily it's one next to a window. I take out my "Zacky" bear. We switched them. I hug it in my arms and try to pretend that it's really him. Doesn't work. I put my I-pod in my ears, put my seat back, and close my eyes.

6.5 Hours Later

"Ma'am...the plane has landed. You may leave." A woman says.

I open my eyes. I must have fallen asleep. Like I said, lack of sleep from Zacky not being home.

"Thanks." I say grabbing my stuff and standing up.

I get off the plane and walk into the terminal. Man am I glad I just brought a carry on. Avenged Sevenfold has lost a lot of equipment because of the faulty airlines. It's starting to get dark out. Let's see...I left New York at 6:00PM and California is three hours behind so...my best guess would be around 9:00PM. I take a taxi to Zack's parent's house, they don't live far. The cab drops me off and I head towards the house. I knock on the door and Zacky's younger sister, Zina, opens the door holding her daughter Izzy.

"Nikki, what are you doing here?" She asks clearing the door way and letting me come in.

"What do YOU think?" I ask.

"I'm guessing your here to see my brother." Zina says.

"Yep." I say.

"He's in his room..." Zina says.

"Thanks." I say flashing a smile.

I walk down the dark hallway until I see the door with yellow cation tape across the front. This is definitely it. I knock on the door.

"Mom is it you or Zina." Zacky says.

"Neither." I say.

"Then who is it?" Zacky asks.

"Oh...you know." I say.

"I do?" Zacky asks.

"Yes!" I say opening the door and peeking my head in.

"Nikki!" Zacky says sitting up.

"Hey." I say entering the room and closing the door after me.

"What are you doing here?" Zacky asks.

"I missed you." I say standing next to the bed.

Zacky looks up and smiles at me. He takes my left hand and lays back down. I follow his lead and rest my head and both of our hands on his chest.

"I missed you too." Zacky whispers kissing my forehead.