Story of a Girl

Memory

"Nikki...come on baby...I know your in there." He says.

I slowly open my eyes. Above me is a face with more then two piercings and around me are two tattooed arms. Who is this guy, and why am I cradled in his arms.

"Your alive!" He says holding me close almost knocking the breath out of me.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Nick...it's me." He says.

"I'm sorry...I don't remember you." I say.

"I'm your boyfriend." He says.

"You are?" I ask.

He nods his head and brings his head down to lightly brush his lips against my cheek. His snake bites send shivers down my spine. Wait...I remember this feeling...snakebites...ZACKY!

"Zack!" I say wrapping my arms around him.

"There we go, welcome back." Zacky says nuzzling his face into my own.

"Wait a minute...where am I?" I ask.

"The ICU of the Orange County Hospital." Zacky says.

"Why am I in a hospital?" I ask.

"The both of us were in an accident. You got hit in the head and was sent into a coma." Zacky says.

"Really? For how long?" I ask.

"Two months." Zacky says.

"Wow...is that why I didn't remember you?" I ask.

"Probably. Your doctor said you might not remember us right away." Zacky says.

"Us?" I ask.

"Yeah, your brother." Zacky says.

"Brother?" I say.
"Oh yeah...Matt." I say.

"Good. Want me to go get him?" Zacky asks.

"Not really. I wanna be with you." I say.

"I was hoping you'd say that." Zacky says.

"So tell me. What happened after the accident?" I ask.

"After you went out, I called 911. They took the both of us to the hospital. The whole time we tried to get you to wake up. While I waited down stairs, I called Matt and told him why we weren't coming home." Zacky says.

"We we're in Huntington beach because...your dad died." I say.

"That's right, good." Zacky says.
"Anyways, your doctor that you we're assigned to came down and said 'She broke three ribs, has a punctured lung, and in a pretty deep coma. I must warn you, she might not make it though the night.' At the point I didn't know what to do, so I just went up stairs just in case it was your last night. I prayed that you would make it, and my prayers were answered. You survived the night. Everyday, I came to the hospital and held you in my arms until they forced me leave. I swear, I wasn't sure how long I could take it. I missed you so much and for all I knew you were never gonna come out of it." Zacky says.

"Aw...I'm sorry." I say.

"What are YOU sorry about. It's my fault." Zacky says.

"How could it be your fault?" I ask.

"Let's just say I'm probably the only guy that could say that they dropped a telephone pole on their girlfriend." Zacky says.

"What? You know...I'm not gonna ask." I say.

"Good, cuz it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that your alive." Zacky says.

"That is good." I say.

"I love you so much Nikki. The fact that I almost lost you...it's just..." Zacky says.

"I love you too Zacky." I say nuzzling my face to his chest.

There's a knock at the door. Zack places me on the bed and put the covers up to my waist. He gives me a final kiss on the cheek before stepping off to the side.

"What's the deal?" I ask.

"Matt..." Zacky says as my brother opens the door.

"Your awake?" Matt asks.

"Yeah, she's been up for at least half an hour." Zacky says.

"And you didn't tell me you crazy fucker?" Matt says playfully punching Zack in the arm.

"What can I say, she wanted ME." Zacky says.

"I'm her brother." Matt says.

"I'm her boy friend." Zacky says.

"Guys...I love you both." I say.

"What? No competition?" Zacky asks.

"No...now Matt you get your fat ass over here and give your sister a hug." I say.

"My ass isn't fat...have you seen that ass on your boyfriend over there." Matt says.

"Hey." Zacky says.

"Guys, stop." I laugh.

"Come here you." Matt says hugging me and almost suffocating me.

"Help." I choke.

"Sorry...I'm just glad your OK." Matt says.

"Well I won't be OK if you don't stop constricting me." I say.

Matt gets off of me so I can breathe again. I'm glad Zack and Matt are acting like best friends again. Geez what happened while I was gone. I'm just waiting for Jimmy to walk though the door saying that he's pregnant.

"Alright Boys, I think you better let her rest." I nurse says opening the door.

"Bye Nick." Matt says.

"Don't. Hug. Me." I say.

"Ha...I won't...again." Matt says.

"Goodbye my darling, sleep tight. I have my phone if you need me." Zacky says quickly kissing me on the lips.

"Ew..." Matt says.

"Shut up MATTY!" I say.

"Never." Matt says as the nurse leads him out the door.

Zack casually follows not needing to be dragged out by a nurse. She grabs my clipboard from a shelf and walks near my bed.

"Aren't you glad those two are gone?" She asks.

"No...not really." I say.

"Oh...so how are you feeling?" She asks.

"Considering I couldn't remember my own boyfriend for five minutes...I'm doing pretty damn good." I say.

"Well that's good." She says

She checks all my vitals. She has cold hands and it bugged me the WHOLE time. She starts to head out.

"Hey...how long do I have to stay here?" I ask.

"It could be from a couple days to a couple weeks. We just wanna know your OK." She says.

"Thanks." I say.

The nurse exits my room. I lay back. I wish Zacky was still here, I'm sort of lonely, and I miss being cradled in his arms. Oh well...I have tomorrow. I turn on the TV and watch Family guy before I drift off to sleep.