Story of a Girl

Stay With Me

There's a knock on my door. I shoot my eyes open and for a minute, forget where I am and why I'm here. I look down at the bandages on my hands and remember. I just came out of a two month coma. The door opens, to my dismay it's the bitchy nurse that doesn't like either my brother or my boyfriend. Did I mention she has cold hands too.

"So how are you doing this morning." She asks walking to my bed.

"Good I guess." I say.

"Aches, pains?" She asks.

"Not yet." I say.

"Good." She says.

Slowly, the check up goes on. And to think I might have to go though a week more of this. When she leaves I play with the controls on my bed until I'm comfortable. Hum...I'm sort of hungry, I didn't have food of any kind yesterday. I wouldn't touch the hospital food though...I'm not THAT desperate. There's another knock at the door, if it's another doctor or nurse, I might scream.

"Good morning." Zacky says peeking his head in.

"Hey." I say smiling.

He walks over to my bed and sits on the edge. He bends at the waist and kisses me gently on the lips.

"I missed you last night." He says slowly sitting up.

"You did?" I ask.

"Of course. I've missed you for the past two months." Zacky says.

I smile and let out a sigh. My stomach lets out a loud growl, I'm hungrier then I thought. Zacky laughs.

"Hang on." Zacky says walking towards the door.

He opens it and goes half way out. When he walks back in, he holds a small paper bag and a Starbucks cup.

"Zachary Baker, you are me hero." I say.

"Didn't think you wanted hospital food." Zacky says.

"You know me well." I say taking a sip of my coffee.

"I like to think so." Zacky says.

I open the paper bag. A blueberry muffin, my favorite. I pinch a piece off of the top and place it in my mouth. Yum...real food. Zack watches as I eat. His eyes follow every move I make...it's a bit creepy...but in a sweet way. When I finish, I crumble the paper bag and toss it into the trash. Zack smiles and stands up. He climbs on my bed and sits on my lap with knees on either side of my thigh.

"Well hello." I say kissing his nose.

"I'm not hurting you am I?" Zacky asks.

"Oh course not." I say.

"Good." Zacky says leaning in to kiss me.

"Behave." I say pulling away a bit after he tries to tongue.

"Sorry...I just missed you." Zacky says.

"It's OK. I promise, we'll do stuff like that when I'm out of here." I say.

"Alright." Zacky says.

"I'm sorry...I just don't want miss Bitch a lot to come in." I say.

"Miss Bitch a lot?" Zacky asks.

"The nurse that was in here yesterday." I say.

"Oh..." Zacky says.

Zacky takes my hands into his own and holds them tight. I forgot how warm and soft his hands are...literally...I really forgot.

"I love you." He says wrapping his arms around my waist and laying a simple kiss on me.

"I love you too." I say wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him slightly on top of me.

Later that Day

It starting to rain, and I swear I heard thunder. I'm not too happy about this, especially because I'm on the top floor. I think Zack's in the bathroom. I wish he'd come back sooner, thunder and lightning scares the shit out of me.

"Sorry I took so long...there was this old guy before me." Zack says entering my dark room and zipping his fly.

"It's OK." I say.

"Nick...what time is it?" Zacky asks.

"Um...9:20PM." I say.

"Shit...I have to leave soon." Zacky says.

"No...your not leaving. Zack, I'm scared." I say.

"Ok...I won't leave. Even if they try to drag me." Zacky says walking to my bed and slipping under my blanket next to me.

He loosely puts his arm around me and nuzzles his face into my neck. I turn on my side so I can face him.

"Good night Zack." I say kissing him.

"Good night my Angel. Sleep tight." Zacky says.
♠ ♠ ♠
My internet suddenly stopped working this morning during a thunder storm so I couldn't work on this. Then I spent hours trying to fix it. When another storm came at about 9:30PM...it came back on. So...sorry it took a bit to update.