Story of a Girl

Who I am hates who I've been

"Nikki, my darling. Where are you?" Zacky asks opening the front door.

"Basement..." I say opening a cardboard box marked "High School"

"Well what are you doing down there?" He asks opening the basement door.

"Snooping." I say.

I put my hand in the box and pull out the 1999 year book. That was Zack's senior year and my sophomore year at Huntington Beach High. I tuck it under my arm before walking up the stairs and meeting Zack at the top.

"What's that?" He asks as close the door to the basement.

"Nothing." I say.

"Yeah right, let me see." Zacky says taking the year book from under my arm.
"Ha...my senior year." He says looking at the front.

"Yup." I say.

"Why did you take this out?" Zacky asks returning it to me.

"Just to look back on the past." I say.

"Ok?" Zacky laughs letting me pass.

I sit down on the couch, putting my legs on the cushion in Indian style. I pat the section of the couch next to me to invite him over. Slowly, he walks over and plops on the couch next to me.

"Let's see...Baker." I say opening the yearbook.
"There you are." I say pointing at his picture.

"Indeed." Zacky says.

"What, you don't like it?" I ask.

"No, I do. Let's see yours." Zacky says turning the pages to 10th grade.

"Ah...the braces." I say covering my eyes.

"Oh stop, you look pretty." Zacky says.

"Thanks." I say turning the page.

"Hey isn't that..." Zacky starts.

"Mike? Yeah." I say.

"You two looked so happy. I can't believe that it all went so wrong." Zacky says.

"You've never really been in love until you found the one." I say leaning on his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was back Friday afternoon and for the remainder of Friday and for all of Saturday I had a BAD case of writers block . Yes this chapter is short...but thats because it's a filler. That's right. Exiting things are to come my friends *Muhahahahahaha*