Story of a Girl

In too Deep

"Come on Zack, it's fun." Zack says sliding near the shore

He found a pond that's covered in ice and is sliding around on the ice in his Vans. Smart right. I'm sitting on a snow bank while watching him slide around.

"I don't know, what if I fall though?" I ask.

"Oh come on, you weigh 125 pounds. If it can hold me, it can hold you." Zacky says.

"Well..." I say.

"Please." He asks sticking out his lower lip.

"Fine, fine." I say standing up.

Zacky hands me his hand as I step on to the ice with my converse. I slip and fall into his arms. I look up at him and smile. He holds me up as I get my balance. Zack takes my hand and takes a sliding step. I carefully do the same.

"See...it's fun." Zacky says twisting me in.

"OK it is." I say.

He spins me out to the other side of the pond. I trip over my shoelace and land on my hands and knees.

"You OK?" Zacky laughs.

"I'm fine" I say going from my hands and knees to just my knees.

Zacky stares at the spot I'm in with wide eyes and a worried look on his face.

"Are YOU OK?" I ask.

"Nikki, don't move." Zacky says.

"What's wrong? Is everything OK?" I ask.

"I didn't notice how thin the ice was over there. If you move, the ice might break." Zacky says.

"Great." I say.

"Hang on...I'm gonna get you out of there." Zacky says.

"Ok." I say.

Zack gets on to the land and runs to the other side of the pond. I'm about five feet from shore.

"Grab my hand." He says.

"I can't reach." I say.

"Ok...try moving a BIT to reach me." Zacky says.

I nod my head and move an inch closer to shore. I hear a cracking sound and stop. I'm still not close enough.

"Shit." Zacky says under his breath.
"Ok...go for my hand. One...two...three." He says.

I move my knee I tiny bit and it goes though. I reach as far as I can for his hand, barley touching his fingers before completely falling into the pond. I breathe in on accident and inhale at least half a cup of water. The water is so cold, I can't move at all. I'm paralyzed. Suddenly I'm out of the water and on the snow.

"Are you OK?" Zacky asks.
"Your turning blue...lets get you inside." He says picking me up in his arms.

I look up at him and rest my head on his chest as he carries me back to the cabin. I can't stop shivering and my teeth won't stop chattering. I can barley stay awake either. I close my eyes.

"No...sweetheart, stay awake." Zacky says.
"Matt, Johnny...anyone!" He says opening the door.

"What happened?" Brian asks.

"She fell into the pond. Get blankets, hot packs...anything to keep her warm. I'm gonna get her out of these soaking wet clothes." Zacky says taking me into our room.

"Zack?" I faintly says.

"Shhhh...save your energy." He says laying me on our bed.

He peals off my freezing, wet clothes that stick to my skin. He replaces my wet clothes with nice warm dry ones before carrying me back into the living room. Zack places me on the couch and puts his jacket on me. Brian wraps me in blankets.

"Better?" Zack asks.

"A bit." I say.

Zack lets out a worried sigh and sit next to me, wrapping his arms around and holding me close.

"What else could we do..." Zacky says.

"Hot bath?" Brian asks.

"No...she'll just get cold once she gets out." Zacky says.

"Place her by the fire." Brian says.

"Good idea." Zacky says lifting me up.

He sits down next to the fire place, holding me tight in his arms. Brian goes into the kitchen.

"How are you feeling?" Zacky asks.

"Better." I say.

"Good. Your still a little pale and your lips are still blue." Zacky says.

"Great." I say.

"What's up guys?" Matt asks walking into the cabin.

Zacky looks back at him with worry in his eyes. Matt gets a confused look and walks over, kneeling down next to Zack.

"What happened. Why is she shaking?" Matt asks.

"Long story short, she fell into the pond." Zacky says.

"Shit." Matt says.

"Here...this should warm her up." Brian says handing Matt a large mug with a spoon in it.

Matt hands me the mug. Smells like hot chocolate. I take a small sip, it's hot, but starts to warm me up.

"Thanks Bri." I say.

"No prob." Brian says.

I take another sip from my hot chocolate. I still can't stop shaking, but my teeth have stopped chattering. I'm feeling better.

"I love you Zack, and thank you." I say looking up at him.

"I love you too Angel." Zacky says kissing my forehead.
"But why are you thanking me?" He asks.

"You saved me, and your keeping me warm." I say.

"It's no problem Nick. I wasn't gonna let you drown." Zacky says.

"I know...I just wanted to thank you though." I say.

He smiles and nuzzles my face with his own. He's so warm and soft. He starts to rock me back and forth to sooth me. I close my eyes and relax. He's great, isn't he?