Story of a Girl

Wake up

"Wake up sleepy head." Zacky says.

"Ummmmmmmmmm...no." I grown.

"Well if you want to get home before 3:00PM..." Zacky says.

"What time is it?" I ask sitting up.

"Time to get up." Zacky says.

"Really." I say

"5:00AM." Zacky says checking his watch.

"Well can't I sleep in an hour and we get back by 4:00PM?" I ask.

"No." Zacky says.

"Why not?" I whine.

"Because I'm ready to go NOW." Zacky says.

I roll my eyes and sit up. Though I'm dreading the ten hour car ride, it will be nice to go back home. I get dressed...in the dark. Hell, I wouldn't know if I were wearing plaid pants with a striped shirt. I open the bedroom door and proceed into the kitchen.

"Nikki..." Zacky says.

"What?" I ask.

"Your shirt is inside out AND backwards." He says.

"No it's not." I say.

Zack takes a step towards me and tugs at the tag in front of me. I roll my eyes and let out a sigh. If it wasn't so damn early, it wouldn't be so dark, and I wouldn't be so fucking tired. I fix my shirt and return to the kitchen.

"Better?" I ask putting my arms out.

"Not to me, you look beautiful no matter what you are wearing. But to everyone else...yes." Zacky says.

I smile. He makes me feel so special. No matter how ugly I feel, he always thinks I'm the most beautiful girl in the world. I take a step forward and go on my toes to kiss his cheek as I head to the coffee maker.

"It's too early." I say pouring myself coffee.

"You could sleep in the car." Zacky says.

"You better take this then." I say handing Zacky my mug.

"Thanks, I'll need all the help I can get." Zacky says taking a sip.

"I'm gonna go pack." I say.

"Ok." Zacky says.

I return back to our room and throw all my stuff into my suit case. I'm sure gonna miss the view from our room, but then again, I might get some more sleep. I drag my bag to the front door and plop it down. Zack has his bag and is ready to go.

"Have everything?" Zacky asks.

"Now I do." I say reaching for his hand.

"Good. Now to California." Zacky says.

When Zack races down the stairs, I carefully take it step by step. I'm tired and it's icy...not a good combination. I put my bag in the car and take the passenger seat. Zack takes the drivers seat and buckles his seat belt.

"Sleep tight." Zacky says leaning over me and kissing my cheek.

"That I will." I say curling up and closing my eyes.

Three Hours Later

"Nikki darling, wake up." Zacky says..

"Are we home?" I ask opening my eyes and sitting up.

"No...we're at a gas station." Zacky says.

"Good...I gotta go." I say.

"Grab me a coke, will ya?" Zacky asks.

"Sure." I say.

I step out of the car and stretch before walking towards the building. First on the to-do list, bathroom break. Stupid men and their larger bladders. Ok, now that we have that covered, it's time for the necessary travel needs. Food. Let's see...Twizzlers, Mountain Dew, Coke, and sour gummy worms...we're set. I take my purchases back to the car.

"Oh no...I should have KNOWN better then to send you in there alone." Zacky says.
"What'd you buy?" He asks.

"A coke..." I say handing him a bottle.
"Mountain Dew, Twizzlers, and sour gummy worms." I say.

"Oh god, these are going straight down to my thighs." Zacky says.

"Oh please, that's something I have to worry about." I say.

"You don't gain weight, you'll be fine." Zacky says.

"Pffffft...yeah right. If I had two beers a day, I'd look like you." I say.

"Are you calling me fat?" Zacky asks, pretending to be offended.

"No." I laugh.

"That's what I thought." Zacky says.

I laugh and open the bag of gummy worms, dropping one in my mouth. I hold the bag to Zack. He takes a couple and puts them in his lap before he starts the car.

"Ah...caffeine." I say taking a gulp of mountain dew.

"Great..."Zacky says.