Story of a Girl

I'm so dirty babe

As I rinse off my plate from my lunch, I look out the window above the kitchen sink. Zack's little blue car isn't exactly blue anymore. Ever since we got back from Big Bear Mountain, the dirt and salt has just been layering on. It's pretty gross if you ask me. I think it's time to wash that damn car before it turns black.

"Zack, I'm taking the car." I say sliding on my flip flops.

"Where ya going pooh bear?" Zacky asks putting down the paper.

"Car wash." I say.

"Uh...why?" Zacky asks

"The car's a mess." I say.

"No it's not." Zacky says looking out the window.

"Zack, it's turning gray. Ok...our car is BLUE." I say.

"It's still blue." Zacky says.

"Sure. Well see you in fifteen minutes." I say.

"Nikki, it's clean. Don't waste gas." Zacky says.

"Zack...oh never mind." I say.

I walk to our bedroom and close the door. Fine, if he won't let me take the car to get washed, I'll have to bring the wash to the car. I change out of jeans and a T-shirt to my red bandanna print bikini and jean shorts. I put my hair up in a pony tail so that my bangs hang to the side. On top of that I put sunglasses over my face and return to the living room.

"What are you doing now?" Zacky asks.

"I'm washing the car." I say.

"Pfffft, have fun." Zacky says.

"I will." I say.

"Alright." Zacky says.

"Fine." I say going out the front door.

I get the hose from the back and a bucket from the garage. This might actually be fun...especially the "I told you so" part. I hose down the car and watch the mud fall to the ground. I make a satisfied smile and continue on.

"Wow, I didn't realize what I was missing." Zacky says opening the front door.
"Not to sound like an animal, but this is hot." He says taking a seat at the front steps.

"Only because I'm here." I say.

"Very true. If it were Paris Hilton washing the car, I wouldn't give a shit." Zacky says.

"Well It's nice to know you prefer me to a play boy bunny." I say going on my toes to reach the top of the car.

"You have no idea." Zacky says
"Want help?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'm to damn short to reach the top of the car." I say.

He laughs and stands up. I hand him the sponge and he gets the top of the car.

"Wow...this thing is dirty." Zacky says looking down at his white shirt.

"Now you are too." I say spraying the hose at him.

He looks down at himself, his dripping wet self, as try to hold back my laughter. This is too good.

"Bring it on Nicole." Zacky says dipping the sponge in the dirty water in the bucket and walking closer to me. I turn and run, letting go of the hose.

"Gotcha." Zacky says pinning me against the hood of the car.

"Damn it." I say.
"Oh no..." I say seeing the sponge STILL in his hand.

He smiles and drops it to the ground. He leans in to kiss me. Even if I could, I wouldn't try to escape. I run my hands though his dripping wet hair and deepen the kiss. If only we weren't outside...oh the fun we could have.

"Nikki, what's on your back?" Zacky asks breaking the kiss.

"Mud probably." I say.

"Turn around." He says.

"Behave back there." I say reluctantly turning around.

"It's a tattoo." Zacky says.
"Zacky..."He whispers tracing the cursive letters with his finger.

"You like?" I ask turning around.

"I love it." He says kissing me again.

"Think we should go back to washing the car?" I ask.

"Hmmmm..."Zacky says.

"Wait...I shouldn't leave it up to you." I say grabbing the sponge off the ground and rinsing it off with the hose.

"Ha...good choice. You know what I would have said." Zacky laughs.

"I know all too well." I say scrubbing the last spot on the passenger door.
"Now doesn't that look better?" I ask taking a step back and putting my hands on my hips.

"I gotta hand it to ya Nick, it does. Sorry we argued before." Zacky says.

"Thanks, and it's OK." I say.

"Well I don't know about you, but I'm getting cry." Zacky says.

"Good plan." I say coiling up the hose and putting the sponge and bucket back into the garage.

"When did you get it anyways?" He asks.

"The tattoo? Hmmm...maybe a month ago." I say.

"And I didn't notice?" Zacky says.

"I don't exactly walk around in a bikini all day." I say.

"Could you?" Zacky asks.
"Kidding." He laughs.

"You better." I say.

"I am, I am." Zacky says putting his arm around my waist.