Story of a Girl

M.O.H

Ever since the night where Zack and I ate Chinese on my brother's porch, every Tuesday has been Chinese night. Today is no different from the rest.

"So tell me...what's for diner on this beautiful Tuesday Night." I ask sitting at the island.

"Your favorite." Zacky says taking a white carton out of a paper bag.

"Your the best." I say.

"I know." Zacky says.

He takes out his own carton and sits across from me at the island. I open the carton and take a noodle from the top, sticking it in my mouth.

"Fork?" Zacky asks.

"Nah, I can actually USE the chopsticks." I say taking a little red paper package out of the paper bag.

"Yeah, I gave up on those. I've lost just way too much of my food to those little fuckers." Zacky says.

I laugh and take a bite of my diner. I'm starving, half a PBJ usually doesn't keep too well. As I take my second bite, my phone goes off. Where the hell is it coming from? I stand up and walk into the living room. It must be in my purse. I reach in and there it is.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Nikki, you'll never guess what." Val says.

Zacky shrugs and reaches for my carton of food. He sticks his fork in the grabs a heaping of noddles. I just roll my eyes.

"I'm getting married!" Val squeals.

"To who?" I ask.

"Nikki..." Val says, calmer then before.

"Oh right, my brother." I say.

"You know what that means..." Val says.

"Oh my god. We're sister in-laws. Oh my god. Stay there...I'm coming over." I say grabbing my sweatshirt and purse.

I slide my sweatshirt over my head as I hold my phone in my teeth. I open the front door and start down the steps. Wait...I forgot something.

"Bye. I love you." I say reopening the door and sticking my head in.

"Bye?" Zacky manages to get out with a mouthful of noddles in mouth.

I re close the door and jog to the car. I make a sloppy exit from the drive way. The wheals screech against the pavement as I step on the gas pedal. Zacky is probably still scratching his head, let alone finished chewing. Should I have told him where I was going and if he wanted to come? Too late, I'm already at Matt's. I park and run out of the car and to the front door.

"Valary Dibenedetto, where are you." I say opening the front door.

"Right here." She says running down the stairs and attacking me with a hug.

"So where is it?" I ask letting my arms down from the hug.

"Right here." Val says putting her left hand in my face.

"Oh my god, it's beautiful. Good choice Matt." I say.

"Hey Nikki." Matt says looking back from the couch.

"Hey. Congratulations big brother." I say giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Thanks sis." Matt says.

"Come on, we have SO much to plan." Val says grabbing my arm.

"Ok, Ok." I say following her up the stairs.

Val sits cross legged on her bed and I do the same. She seems so giddy, and I wouldn't blame her. I mean, come on, she's becoming a Sanders.

"Ok, let's start with the dress." I say.

"I was thinking of wearing my mothers dress." Val says.

"Aw...that's so cute. What does it look like?" I ask.

"It's long sleeve, a little puffy, but it's beautiful." Val says.

"I'm sure." I say.

We don't plan EVERYTHING, but a ton of stuff. This is so exciting. Val asked me to be her MOE (Maid of Honor). I'm completely flattered. Michelle, Leana, and Lacy are going to be brides maids along with their men as groomsmen.

"Think Zack's worrying about me?" I ask.

"Did you tell him where you were going?" Val asks.

"No..." I say.

"Then yes." Val says.

"I should start getting home anyways." I say.

"Suit yourself." Val says.

Val follows me down the stairs. On the couch next to Matt...is Zack? When and how did he get here?

"We're watching baseball." Zack says stealing the remote and switching the station.

"Um...no. We're watching basketball." Matt says switching it back.

"Baseball's is an American pastime." Zacky says.

"It's my house. In my house we watch Basketball." Matt says.

Zack mimics Matt and crosses his arms, leaning back against the couch.

"Hey." I say resting my arms on the back of the couch between Matt and Zack.

"Hey angel." Zacky says turning his head.

"When did you get here?" I ask.

"An hour ago." Zacky says.

"And how?" I ask.

"I walked, someone took the car." Zacky says.

"Sorry. I should have asked you to come." I say.

"It's alright babe, I'm here now." Zacky says.
"You ready to go home?" He asked.

"If you don't mind." I say.

"No it's fine. Matt's won't let me change the station, so we might as well." Zacky says.

I laugh and roll my eyes. Once Matt gets attached to a game, there's no getting him away from it. Zack's the same with baseball. Zack drives the both of us home.

"Val asked me to be her maid of honor." I say.

"Really? Matt asked me to be his best man." Zacky says.

"Think they planned that?" I ask.

"Oh, not at all." Zacky says sarcastically.

Zack and I get back into the house. I finish my diner, though there's not much left anymore. I didn't realize how long I've been at Matt's. It's pretty late.

"I'm going to bed." Zacky yawns.

"Ok. I'll be there in a minute." I say standing up off my stool.

I toss the cardboard carton into the trash, and wipe down the counter before turning off the kitchen lights. I walk down the hall way and open the bed room door. The light is off and Zack's under the covers sleeping. I tip toe though our room and change into pajamas. I sneak under the covers and curl up. Zack presses against my back and puts his arm around me.

"Goodnight." He whispers.

"Goodnight." I whisper back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey my lovely people!
Check out my new story, Bleeding Love.
It's a Vampire/human love story...not like Twilight though.
Happy reading <3
-
PS. The E-mails are acting all weird, so check the subscriptions page once in a while. Love you all