Story of a Girl

Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows

Before the recording of the new album starts, Matt thought it would be a good idea to go on a camping trip. Random I know, but maybe it'll be fun. We're leaving this afternoon, and car pooling together in Johnny's van. Right now I'm packing. Is Zack? No. At this rate I'll be packing for him. I fold a shirt and place it in my suitcase. You know what? Maybe I WILL start packing for him. I empty out his top drawer on the bed and start folding away. The door to our bed room opens and Zacky walks though it with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"This may sound weird, but where are my boxers?" He asks opening a drawer.

"I have them." I say.

"Ok..." Zacky says.
"Wait. Why do you have them?" He asks.

"I'm packing FOR you." I say.

"Hon, you don't have to. I'll do it when I'm dressed." Zacky says.
"Now may I have my clothes back?" He asks.

"Yes." I say.

He walks to the bed and takes a pile of clothes. Then he relocates himself to the bathroom to change. I continue to pack my own stuff into my suit case. Soon enough, Zacky comes back into our room and starts packing for himself. There's a knock at the door. That must be the guys coming to pick us up. I walk down the hallway to the front door.

"Ready to go camping?" Matt asks swinging his fists.

"Well...I am." I say.

"Matt, beer's in the fridge. I'll be right there." Zacky yells from the bedroom.

I move out of the door way to let Matt in the house. Great, they're all gonna get drunk in the WOODS. It's bad enough in a bar, but we're talking nature. I can just imagine what could happen.

"Ok...I'm ready." Zacky says dragging a duffel bag down the hallway.

"Let's go CAMPING!" Matt says shooting his arms up in the air.

Matt happily hops down the stairs and runs to the van. I grab my bag and drag it behind me on the way to the van. Before taking a seat in the van, Zack and I put our stuff in the back. We sit in the back just for the hell of it.

"You two behave back there. No fucking in my car." Johnny says turning around.

Pfffffffft. It's not like we'd WANT to do anything scandalous in the van...with five people watching. I mean, come on. It's just common sense. Johnny starts the van and heads down the road. If you haven't noticed, Matt is really...really excited about this. He's bouncing in his seat for heaven sake.

"I think it's time for a song." Matt says.
"Sunshine, lollipops and rainbows, everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together." He sings.

"God no." I mumble.

"Oh come on Nikki...you KNOW you love it." Matt says.

"I'd be lying if I said I did." I say.

"Brighter than a lucky penny, when you're near the rain cloud disappears, dear,
and I feel so fine just to know that you are mine." Matt sings.

"We should SO cover this song." Jimmy says.

"Um...no." Brian says.

"My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows, that's how this refrain goes, so come on, join in everybody!" Matt sings as he starts to claps.

"SHUT UP!" I snap.

After that, the whole van goes quiet. Either because I just screamed at my brother, or the fact that their front man was just singing "Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows."
By the time that we reach the camp ground, I'm about ready to tear Matt's head off. But then again, that's not too much out of the ordinary.
♠ ♠ ♠
This WAS going to be longer, but then I thought It'd be better if I separated it. Stay tuned!