Story of a Girl

Dark Blue

"Want dinner, or are you not eating tonight?" Zacky asks holding two sticks with hot dogs on the ends.

"Vegetarian remember?" I ask.

"Of course I do. That's why this one's yours." He says handing me one of the sticks.

"Veggie dog?" I ask.

"Yup." He says.

"Your the best." I say.

"I know." Zacky says taking a bite of his own.

I laugh and gab a bun from the bag in front of me. Glad someone's looking out for me. After we all finish diner, Matt tries to put the fire out. All he ends up doing is making the whole camp ground an smoke filled toucher chamber. Not fun.

"Wanna explore? Get away from the smoke?" Zack asks.

"Hell yeah." I say standing up.

He laughs and stands up, taking my hand. I give his hand a slight squeeze before walking forward.

"Where are you two going?" Matt asks.

"Just getting away from the smoke." Zacky says.

"Well isn't that nice." Matt waving away smoke.

Zack tilts his head towards the woods and gently tugs at my hand. I take a step forward to the woods to catch up with him. There's not an official path, but you can tell where the most popular routes are. It's not dark yet, but it's getting there. The sun is almost completely hidden by the horizon. By the time we reach the end of the path, it's dark. It's is a large clearing, about an acer big with a pond that covers most of the area. It's beautiful. I didn't eve notice the full moon and stars until now. On top of the pond is a dock no longer then ten feet long. I let go of Zack's hand and walk to the edge of the dock. I take off my flipflop and sit down on the edge of the dock, letting my toes skim the top of the water. I feel Zack's footsteps as he walks down the length of the dock. He throws his shoes back on shore, rolls up his jeans and sits down next to me.

"It's so beautiful out." I say looking up at the sky.

"That it is. But nothing compares to you." Zacky says placing his hand on top of my knee, where my hand rests. I turn my hand over and wrap mine it around his.

"Your sweet." I say.

"It's because I love you." He says turning his head to me.

"You do?" I ask.

"Nikki, you know I do. I love you more then I ever thought possible to love someone. Your everything to me. I adore you, I cherish you...I...I love you." Zacky says.

"That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me." I say.

"And it couldn't be any more true." Zacky says.
"Do me a favor." He says.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Stand up." He says.

"Um...OK." I say.

I bring up my feet to the edge of the dock and stand up. I face the side of the dock that Zack's sitting on. He stands up and faces me, taking both of my hands into his. He stares into my eyes and smiles.

"Nicole Renee Sanders, will you marry me?" Zacky says getting down on one knee.

I'm completely speechless. I want to answer him, but I can't bring myself to do so. He keeps a hold of my left hand as he reaches into his pocket with his right. Out comes a little velvet box. He opens it and takes out a silver ring with a round diamond a top of it. I'm still speechless. I still can't get a single yes out. With my right hand over my mouth, he tenderly slides the ring onto my left hand. Then he looks up at me with wide, hopeful eyes.

"Yes. Yes I'll marry you." I say in a hyper voice.

He smiles and stands up. He recaptures both of my hands into mine. All he can do is smile. I throw my arms around his neck and kiss him with as much passion and effort as I can put out. He wraps his arms around my waist and returns the effort. Suddenly my knees give out and I start falling backwards bringing Zacky with me. Before I know it, I'm submerged underwater. My feet feet find ground and I stand up.

"Oops." I say looking at Zack who's clearing his bangs from his face.

"What's with you and falling into ponds?" He asks.

"I really don't know." I say shaking my head.

"Come on. Let's get back to site." Zacky laughs.

"OK." I laugh back.

He walks to my side and takes my hand, my left hand, and we wade though the water back to the camp ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
In celebration of Nikki and Zack's engagement, I've created a story playlist. Basically songs that either go with the chapter in some way, or that gave me inspiration.
http://www.playlist.com/user/34005407 <----------That's it (It'll also be on the main page)
I don't know, maybe give it a listen. Tell me what ya think, and if you have any suggestions for songs that'd go, let me know. =F