Story of a Girl

Crimson Sushi

We had to cut the camping trip a little short. Val got really sick to the point of throwing up. If it were me, I would have just manned up, but Matt had to protect his little angel. Therefore, we're all home now. Oh well...it WAS nice to sleep on a mattress. Early this morning, Zack went out. I don't know why, and I don't know where. All there was when I woke up was a note. Our house isn't that big, but it feels like a mansion when it's only me. What? Is it wrong to not like being alone? I carry on though my day doing house work that NEEDED to be done. Since we don't live here half the year, it can get pretty dirty. Especially the way we live. While doing the dishes I have my big ass Skull-Candy head phones plugged into my I-pod. Not the safest idea, but does it look like I care. Something or someone squeezes my sides. I let out shriek and turn my head. Zack. I smile, throw the sponge into the sink,and turn around.

"Hey." I say putting my earphones around my neck.

"Hello angel." Zacky says kissing my cheek.
"I have a surprise for you." He says.

"Oh no..." I say.

"Since it's gonna be just us for a while...I thought it was necessary for the Baker family to have an addition." Zacky says.

"We're not exactly the "Baker Family" yet." I say.

"Oh, close enough." Zacky says.
"Now say hello to...Crimson Sushi." He says pulling a plastic bag with water behind his back.

"That's a horrible name for a gold fish." I say.

"Yeah, I know." Zacky laughs.
"You like him?" He asks.

"He's cute." I say bending at the knees to get a better look at Crimson.

"Come on, lets put him in his home." Zacky says picking up a large fish bowl from next to the door.

I follow Zack to our bed room. I take the bowl, put rocks in it, a little plant, and pour water into it. Zack carefully pours Crimson into his bowl and we watch him explore. I like Crimson. He's plump and his those huge bulging eyes that you see on pond koi. I love this little guy...though his name IS a little outrageous. Every time I walk into our room, I stop and look at the fish. It's so cool to watch him swim around. Zack and I have a late dinner of left over pizza from last night. Then after some TV, it's time to go to bed.

"I see your enjoying the fish." Zacky laughs.

"I really am. He really makes the room perfect." I say.

"Whatever you say hon." Zacky laughs turning off his light.

I laugh and turn off my own light, then I snuggle up into a ball. Shit...NOW I have to go to the bathroom. I let out a sigh and get up. After I do my business, I return to our room. I look over at Crimson. He's staring at me. As I walk over to the bed, the fish follows me with it's eyes. What the hell? I try to forget about the fish, figuring that I'm just my lack of sleep catching up with me. I toss and turn for a bit before sitting up and looking at the fish bowl across from the bed. It's still staring at me.

"Zack..." I say.

He growns and pulls his pillow over his head. I'm sorry, but now isn't time to sleep. We have a crazy fish on our hands.

"Zacky wake up." I say shaking his shoulder.

"What." He asks taking his pillow off his head and resting on his elbows.

"The fish is staring at me." I say.

"Nikki, that's completely insane." He says.

"I'm not kidding. That fish is scaring the shit out of me. I think it wants to kill me." I say.

"Sure." Zack says.

"Will you just look." I say.

"Fine." Zack says turning on to his back and sitting up.
"Holy Shit." He says staring wide eyed at the fish.

"I told you." I say.

"Ok, Ok." He says.

"Well what do we do?" I ask.

"I don't know." Zacky says.

"I'm moving to the living room." I say taking my pillow and a blanket off the bed.

"Nick, thats stupid. Sure the fish is creepy, but it's not gonna hurt you." Zacky says.

"Whatever...I'm sleeping on the couch." I say walking out of our room with the blanket trailing behind me.

"Nikki wait...don't leave me alone with the homicidal gold fish." Zacky says running down the hallway and catching up with me.

Zack takes the pillow from my arms and sets it down on the couch. Then he lays down taking me in his arms. I throw the blanket over the both of us and relax.

"Good night." Zacky says.

"Good night." I say.
"I love you." I say.

"I love you too." Zacky says nuzzling his face into the back of my neck.

I close my eyes and bring my hands under my head. I get a thought in my head about the fish.

"Zack." I say opening my eyes.

"What now?" He asks.

"I think I know why Crimson Sushi is mad." I say.

"Hmmm?" Zack asks.

"I had tuna salad for lunch." I say.

"Could be." Zacky softly chuckles.

I smile and close my eyes. Zack holds me closer in his arms, as I drift off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got this idea from a South Park episode XXXXXXXXXXXD
OH...and I think Zacky actually has a fish named Crimson Sushi. I read it somewhere.