Story of a Girl

Every Second Counts

The buzzer on my alarm clock does off. I shoot my eyes open, shocked at the noise. Then I reach my arm out and tap my alarm clock until the irritating buzz stops. Slowly, I get out of bed and set my feet on the cold hard floor. I get dressed in a simple black sweatshirt and blue jeans. There's no point in getting all dressed up today, no one will care anyways. I fix my hair in a pony tail, I'll be less recognizable. I continue on to the lounge to grab a quick breakfast and put my suitcase near the door. I nibble at a granola bar as I lean against the counter. I wonder if anyone cares enough about me to wake up at 6:15 for a goodbye...probably not. I toss the wrapper of my breakfast in the trash. Guess it's time to leave...

"I don't get a goodbye? As your only brother, I feel insulted." Matt says waking into the lounge.

"I didn't want to wake you." I say.

"Do you really have to go?" He asks.

I nod my head. I feel sorry for leaving my brother like this but I have to...for me. Matt stretches out his arms and I attack him with a big hug. I'm gonna miss him. Matt's done so much for me. I'll have to repay him someday. I glance at his watch, 6:30AM.

"I gotta go." I say releasing my arms from around Matt.

"Alright...well...take care of yourself." Matt says.

I close my eyes and slowly nod my head. Then I go up on the toes to kiss him on the cheek. I grab my bag and head out the door. It's raining...I didn't realize it until now. With my free hand I pull the hood of my sweatshirt over my head, then I walk to the bus stop across the street. After five minutes of waiting under a cold, wet shelter by myself, a Grey Hound bus pulls up. I pay the driver and find a seat in the middle next to a woman with a baby in her arms. I whisper a goodbye to my past home, friends, and identity. No longer am I Nikki Sanders, sister of M.Shadows...I am Nikki Sanders...JUST Nikki Sanders. Never again do I want to associated with the band. Soon enough, my bus reaches the train station. I hang my head as I get off the bus and make my way though the rain. My train comes in twenty minutes. Guess I'll just stand here until it comes. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice a Starbucks. Maybe I'll get a coffee to warm me up from the rain.

Fifteen Minutes Later

"Train 36A to New York will be departing in three minutes" Says the nasal voice on the loudspeaker.

Finally, I can leave this congested terminal. I toss my Styrofoam mug into the trash on the way to the gate. It stopped raining, but the air still has a damp feel. I hand in my ticket and board the train. I sit alone in a seat towards the back on the left side of the train, then take out my copy of Twilight. Maybe I can finish it by the time I get to New York.

"Train 36A to New York will be departing in one minute." The same voice on loudspeaker says. Guess I'm really leaving this place.

"Nikki?! NIKKI?!" Yells the familiar voice.

I look out my window. There stands Zacky, hunched over with his hands rested on his knees, as he catches his breath. I pull down the curtain of my window.

"Nikki please." He shouts.

I close my eyes and sigh. Then I stand up, putting my book in my place. I walk down the isle of the train and step down onto the damp ground. I cross my arms and put all my weight on one leg. This better be quick...I leave in less then one minute.

"Nikki, I'm...I'm so...sorry." He says.

"What are YOU sorry about? I'm the one that "cheated" on you" I say quoting the air.

"No...Nikki...I...I know the truth. Brian confessed." Zacky says.
"I'm so sorry." He says sniffing and blinking a tear. He covers his face with his hands. I look down at the ground, deciding if I should forgive him or not. I pick my head up and stare at Zack.

"Don't you cry." I say taking a step forward, tenderly wrapping my arms around his trembling body.

"I'm so sorry." He softly says in my ear.

The train whistle goes off, signaling that the train will be leaving any second now. Zack releases his arms from around me and sighs.

"I guess you gotta now." He says.

"No...I'm coming home." I say.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY that it took me SO DAMN LONG to update.
I told some of you that I'd be done by LAST Sunday....yeah.
I've been really busy with friends/school/boys (hehe) and had some writers block....
Might get something in by Monday
I <3 Y'all!