Story of a Girl

Five Minutes To Midnight

I walk along side Zack as we make our way to the front door of Brian's house. Besides the fact that it's New Year's Eve, we're also celebrating that Jimmy and Leanna are getting married. It's all so exciting! I look at what's in Zack's left hand...a glass bottle of Jack Daniels. Typical.

"Promise me you won't get too drunk." I say as we get to the door.

"I won't." Zacky says ringing the door bell.

Brian answers the door, beer in hand, and they hug and walk in together. I'm so glad they're still best friends after what happened. I look around Brian's living room until my eyes meet Val's. She waves me over, and I sit next to her.

"You died your hair back!" She says taking a section of my hair between her fingers.

"Yeah." I smile.
"I missed the real me...and so did Zack." I say glancing back at my fiancé.

Val smiles at my answer and takes a sip of champagne. Hmmm...I think I need a drank now. I leave my sweatshirt on the back of the couch and walk to the kitchen. The guys are kinda in a semi circle, all holding at least one beer. I wave, grab a glass, and the Jack Daniels Zack brought.

"Ah...that's my girl." Zacky says putting his arm around me as I take a sip.

I swallow and look up at him with a smile. He returns my smile and gives me a squeeze. Val stumbles into the kitchen and grabs a hold of Matt's hand.

"Matty come on, five minutes to midnight." She says.

My brother smiles and leaves his drink on the counter, following Val into the living room. Slowly everyone follows, taking a seat on either the couch or the floor. Zack of course takes a seat next to me. I swing my legs over his lap, and he holds me in his arms.

"Happy 2009 baby" He says laying his lips on mine. All my heart can do is smile.

"To another great year together...you and me." I say circling my finger on his chest.

It would have been a perfect moment, if it wasn't for Johnny jumping on the couch and opening a bottle of champagne, letting it fizz everywhere. We all drink to the new year. 08 was a tough one. I went from boyfriend to fiancé to single to most hated person in the world and back to fiancé all in ONE year. Pretty nuts right? And did I mention Zack and I are getting married in May? Like I said...pretty crazy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I honestly say:
I'm really, very, honestly, absolutely sorry I haven't undated in...close to forever.
Things have been NUTS lately so...yeah.
Somehow I haven't updated as much with Kiefer in the picture...hmmm...
I'll try to update more...I've just had the WORST case of writers block/a life.
ILU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!