Story of a Girl

House of 1000 corpses

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss the lack of privacy on the bus. Tonight we're staying at a hotel because the bus needed repairs. So back to my main point, I miss the lack of privacy because no one can do anything...scandalous. I'm in a small room by my self, but next door is a whole other story. Matt + Val + Privacy of their own room = ...yeah you get the picture. I don't care what they do behind closed doors, but do they have to be so damn loud. I can't even sleep, and it's driving me crazy. Let's see...I COULD go to someone else's room, but all are occupied by two people and I don't need anymore of that. Zacky's alone...unless he picked up some random girl from the vending machine. I think I'll try that. I take my phone and room key and head out the door. Zacky's room is a couple down across from my own. I walk to the door and knock on it.

"Come in." Zacky says.

I slowly open the door. Zacky's sitting on a queen sized bed with what looks like a picture of us at the batting cages.

"Oh it's you." Zacky says standing up and putting the picture down on the night stand.
"What's up?" He asks.

"Matt and Val are getting it on...I can't sleep." I say.

"Wow, I really needed to know that." Zacky says.

"Try sleeping in the room next to them." I say.

"True." Zacky says.
"Listen, I was about to watch a movie...wanna join me?" Zacky asks putting his hand behind his neck.

"Sure." I say.

Zacky grabs the remote from the table and crawls onto the left side of the bed. He lays down and turns on the TV. I make my way to the bed sit with my knees to my chest near Zacky's head.

"Oh my god, I love this movie." Zacky says making a selection from the screen.

"What is it?" I ask.

"House of 1000 corpses." Zacky says.

"Oh...cool." I say.

"Wanna watch it?" Zacky asks.

"Sure." I say.

"Cool." Zacky says making the final selection.

Zacky puts the remote to the side and puts his hands behind his head. I look at him but then relocate my eyes to the screen.

An Hour Later

This movie is good, but is sure is scary. Zacky hasn't flinched once. Then again he's seen this movie probably more then once.

"Scared?" Zacky asks sitting up and noticing me chewing on the nail of my pointer finger.

"No...OK maybe a bit." I say putting my hand in my lap.

"I totally freaked when I first saw this. Your doing better then I did." Zacky says.

"I guess, but I'm going to have nightmares about that last scene. " I say.

"Not when I'm here." Zacky says.
"Hey, come here." Zacky patting a spot on the bed right next to him.

"OK." I say scooting over until I'm right next to him.

"That better?" Zacky asks putting his arm around my neck.

"Much." I say gently leaning against him.

Zacky smiles and returns his attention to the movie. Not to sound weird, but I do feel a bit more secure. Guess it's an advantage of having your best friend be this strong muscular guy. When the credits occur, Zacky looks at me.

"I'm guessing that you want to go back to your room." Zacky says relocating his arm to his side.

"Not necessarily." I say resting my head and hand on his chest,

"Sounds good to me." Zacky says putting his arm around my waist, pulling me closer.

I smile, close my eyes, and fall asleep. I'd rather sleep here then lay awake listening to the love birds.