Story of a Girl

The Sunflower Deal

Ever since Friday, I decided that I'm not talking to my brother until he stops PMSing. He's been bugging me with this whole controlling attitude.

"Nick, we're leaving." Matt yells from the lounge.

I grown. He doesn't know that I know what he did. I might as well get up, now that Matt woke me up. I walk to the lounge. Zacky's sitting at the table with coffee.

"Why are you still here?" I ask.

"I didn't feel like going out. Zacky says taking a sip of coffee.

"That's good enough for me." I say reaching into the closet and getting a pop tart out of the box.

I sit on the counter and pull off pieces of the pop tart until I finish it. I leap off the counter and throw the wrapper into the trash.

"You need that bathroom?" I ask.

"No, why?" Zacky asks.

"I'm gonna go take a shower." I say.

"Ok." Zacky says giving me a thumbs up.

I grab a pair of khaki capris and a t-shirt and head into the bathroom. I strip down of my pajamas and turn the water on. I love a nice shower in the morning. With out realizing it, I start singing Warmness On the Soul. After my shower, I dry off and change. I leave my hair down in a wavy mess. I walk to my bunk to get my brush. On my pillow is a sunflower, my favorite flower. On the stem there's a note.

Nikki. I love you, will you be mine? -Zacky

I smile and hold the flower and note close to me. I fill a cup and put the flower in it next to my bunk. Perfect. I look into the lounge, Zacky's still sitting at the table stirring the spoon in his cup. I grab a sharpie marker and walk out to the lounge.

"Hey." I say.

"Did you see the flower?" Zacky asks.

"Yes, i love it thank you. How'd you know sunflowers are my favorite?" I ask.

"I always knew that." Zacky asks.

"Close your eyes." I say.

"Ok." Zacky says doing what he's told.

"Now hold out your hand." I say sitting down across the table.

"Alright." Zacky says laying his right hand on the table.

I draw a boy stick figure and a girl holding hands. I give the boy hair like Zacky's and the girl's like mine. I label them "Me" and "You" and draw a heart in between them.

"Ok. Open you eyes." I say putting the cap on the marker.

Zacky opens his eyes and turns his hand around so he can see the picture better. He smiles and then looks at me.

"The answer's yes." I say.

"Really?" Zacky asks.

"Yes. But we'll have to keep it quiet for a while. Matt has a close eye on the both of us." I say.

"Ok, deal." Zacky says smiling.