Reincarnate My Heart

Make Your Move.

I was walking out of school that day, and I was surprisingly, happy. Classes had gone well, and Ricky and Devin had been super nice to me. Something was off with Devin though. He was all over me, flirting, grazing my skin with his fingertips, just the usual. I didn't know what to do and was lost in my thoughts when I bumped into someone. Looking up, I found I was staring directly at someone's chest. I flicked my eyes up to see Devin's cool grey eyes staring down at mine. Devin caught my hand and pulled me close to him. I struggled to get loose as I shouted, "Devin, what about Ricky? You can't do this here, not to me." I lowered my head, struggling with my emotions as tears blurred my vision and I pushed away from him and went to walk away when he stepped in front of me. "Jonah." Devin's voice had an edge to it as he forced me to look up at him. "I hate seeing someone as cute as you beat yourself up over something that you couldn't do anything about. Let someone in, let me in. Let me help you." "What about Ricky?" I murmured softly as tears continued to stream down my face. "He'll understand, he likes you too." Devin confirmed what I had hoped as he hugged me closely. "Come on, follow me." Devin said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me along behind him. We walked for a few blocks and arrived at a nice house, big marble columns out front, and a stately looking pool in the backyard and a lot of land to boot. I gazed around, eyes taking in everything. Ricky walked out the front door then, and tossed an arm around my shoulder.

"Glad you could make it!" He slapped me on the back and shared a look with Devin. I looked over at Ricky. "Ricky, is this your house?" I was in complete and utter disbelief that anyone could live in such a nice house. "Yep." He nodded before ushering us in. "Devin's been over a thousand times and it's nice to have someone new here." "Devin, let's show him the basement!" Devin smiled and took my hand again and I let him drag me down to the basement. There was a full home theater set up, and a commons area it appeared to be, outfitted with comfy looking leather couches and armchairs and a large mahogany table set up in the middle. Devin released my hand and curled up on one of the armchairs, Ricky sitting in the one next to him. I sat down on the couch, and fixed my dress as it was swirling around my legs. I kicked my shoes off and leaned back.

"Alright, so here it is." Ricky said. "Devin likes you, and I do too. We heard about what happened to you, and how all of your so called friends laughed and even joined in. I can't promise you that people will just forget about what happened, or stop calling you names, or anything. We don't usually do this, but..." Devin picked up the slack. "Obviously you need someone in your life, and we can help you, let us in, let us help you." At a loss for words, I stared straight ahead, before speaking. My voice shaky, I stuttered,"Wait, are you saying you want to date me? I'm so conf-fused.." Ricky moved onto the couch, but gave me a generous amount of room. "Yes, we do." "How is this gonna work?" I wondered aloud. "Don't worry, we'll sort this all out. But what's your answer?" Devin asked, the dominance in his voice palpable. "Yes." I quietly said. "What? You're gonna have to speak up." Devin said. Blushing hard, I spoke again, louder. "Yes." "So it's settled then?" "Yeah." I leaned back onto the couch and felt tired, more tired then I had ever been in my life. Stretching out, I curled up into a ball. Ricky got up and came back with a blanket and a pillow. "I can tell this has all been stressful on you, take a nap, it's Friday, you can stay with me and Dev for the weekend, and we can talk about all this and answer any questions you have." "Mhhmrrgng" an unintelligible sound came from my mouth as I dozed off, the last thing I saw before sleep overtaking me was Ricky's deep blue eyes, twinkling as everything faded to blackness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please review and tell me what you like/want to see in the next chapter. :3