You

Dueling, Spiders and Kisses

Huê spends the next two weeks working on her art, hanging with her friends, and...having secret meetings with Draco. They talk, they cuddle. Sometimes it's serious, but often they have fun, laugh. They learn alot about one another, and by now, she can't get enough of him. "Lily." She looks up to see him entering the room and closing the door. She loves when he calls her that. Such an intimate thing. "Draco." He walks up and sits by her, taking her hand immediately, and kisses her cheek. "I missed you." "I missed you, too." He nuzzles her neck, and she giggles. "I have something for you," he says. "Oh?" He gives her something everyday: a flower, a stone, an expensive treat. But he always leaves them at her window as a surprise. "Yup." He kisses her cheek and reaches into his robes, from which he produces a green velvet box--rectangular, like for a necklace. He holds it out to her. She takes the box, opens it, and gasps. "Draco...." Inside is a silver plaited chain, both end of which meeting at a large blue sapphire within a ring of silver that is dotted in little blue sapphires. Huê spends the next two weeks working on her art, hanging with her friends, and...having secret meetings with Draco. They talk, they cuddle. Sometimes it's serious, but often they have fun, laugh. They learn alot about one another, and by now, she can't get enough of him. "Lily." She looks up to see him entering the room and closing the door. She loves when he calls her that. Such an intimate thing. "Draco." He walks up and sits by her, taking her hand immediately, and kisses her cheek. "I missed you." "I missed you, too." He nuzzles her neck, and she giggles. "I have something for you," he says. "Oh?" He gives her something everyday: a flower, a stone, an expensive treat. But he always leaves them at her window as a surprise. "Yup." He kisses her cheek and reaches into his robes, from which he produces a green velvet box--rectangular, like for a necklace. He holds it out to her. She takes the box, opens it, and gasps. "Draco...." Inside is a silver plaited chain, both end of which meeting at a large blue sapphire within a ring of silver that is dotted in little blue sapphires. He lifts it from the box. "Hold ur hair." Huê lifts her hair out of his way and turns her back to him. He drapes the cool metal around her neck, clasps the chain, and kisses the back of her neck. Shivers race up and down her spine. She turns back around, and is yet again stunned by the way he looks at her. "Thank you." He kisses her hand. "You're welcome." "Where did you get it? Why? You don't have to spend so much--" She's cut off as his hand covers her mouth. "You are worth it," he tells her, and lowers his hand. "I had it made for you." Huê touches the sapphire. "You remembered that blue is my favourite color." "Yes." She moves onto her hands and knees, and places a lingering kiss on his cheek. "Thank you," she says by his ear, and delights when he shivers in response. He hugs her close, so she's lying on him. "You're very welcome."

*^°*•*°^* *^°*•*°^* *^°*•*°^*

Huê is painting, painting, painting, when Krystal says, "Huê!" She turns to see the girl running into the common room. Krystal stops and bends forward, putting her hands on her knees. "Ivy...and Malfoy...they're dueling," she says, panting. Huê drops her brush and follows Krystal.
The entire student body is outside, far from the school and from Hagrid's Hut. Ivy and Draco stands yards apart, each aiming their wand.
"Scared, Bell?" Draco mocks.
"Burn in Hell, Malfoy!" She fires a curse, which sends Draco flying backward. Huê takes a sharp step forward, but Dyrdrec grabs her arm.
"Why is this happening?"
"Ivy got tired if Malfoy's crap. He insulted her parents one too many times."
"Her parts? They're dead. Why would he mock them?"
Dyrdrec gives her a look. "Because he's Malfoy."
She watches two of the most important people on her life fight. The battle is long and obviously painful for both Ivy and Draco. Huê cant believe that none of the school staff has caught wind if this. It finally ends with Ivy standing as the victor. Silence falls...and then cheers erupt from all Houses but Slytherin. With help from Blaise, Draco stands, bloody and bruised, burnt and tattered. Except Blaise, his Housemates stand back, far from him--even Crabbe and Goyle. 'He's been shamed.' Draco stands straight and composed, turns and walks into the forest. Huê wants desperately to go after him, but knows that she must go with the others. The Wayworthy clan, no doubt, has already started concocting quite the celebratory bash.

*^°*•*°^* *^°*•*°^* *^°*•*°^*

Huê goes to the Room of Requirement after the celebration, hoping to find Draco there. With no luck, she tries the library, the kitchen, Moaning Myrtile's lavatory (as a lady resort) and still finds no trace of him. 'He must be in the forest still.' Students are not allowed to go there without the accompaniment of a staff member. It's dangerous. 'But what choice do I have?' So Huê changes into combat boots, a long-sleeve black tee-shirt and black jeans, grabs her charmed bag full of supplies-including her broom, and throws on Ivy's invisibility cloak before hurrying outside.

*^°*•*°^* *^°*•*°^* *^°*•*°^*

The forest is not too dark, with few leaves on the trees to block shafts of moonlight. It is cold in both temperature and atmosphere, but Huê takes off the precious cloak, folds it up and puts it into her bag. It is quiet here, though she is aware that the forest is full of magickal creatures, and many are to be feared. But Huê has to find Draco.
As she is searching, Huê hears a weird sound...like leaves being rustled on their trees in the wind, a soft yet BIG sound. She slowly turns around, and before her is a spider.
A spider about knee-high. To a giant. Now Huê is not generally afraid of spiders. She even likes some of them. But this is ridiculous.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa!" She takes off running. When she can't hear the spider chasing her, Huê looks over her shoulder. SpiderS. So many spiders. All bigger than her head. She continues screaming, running faster.
As she's passing a particularly massive tree, Huê is snatched up, and dropped onto a net made of vines. She looks up to see her rescuer: a huge bird. It flies down and attacks the spiders, ripping them apart. Huê covers her eyes, unable to stomach the horrific scene.
When the noise finally stops, she feels something soft wrap around her. She uncovers her eyes and looks up into the face of-- "Draco!" She wraps her arms around his back and presses close, the side of her face against his naked chest. He kisses her hair and holds her tightly, and the softness wraps more firmly around her.
"Huê. You shouldn't have come here."
"Then YOU shouldn't have come here."
"What do you mean?"
She pulls back just enough to look at him. "Where you go, I go. You were hurting, so I had to come find you." Draco stares hard at her for a long moment, and his eyes seem to look inside her. Then he pulls Huê closer and kisses her deeply. Fireworks explode within her, and music plays, like the Wayworthy party all over again. Her hands slide up his chest to wrap around his neck, and she presses harder against him. Their first kiss is more powerful than anything she could ever have imagined, and Huê is glad they waited.
When they break apart, both breathing hard, Draco strokes Huê's cheek and gazes at her. "I love you, Huê."
"I love you." Her first time saying it back.
He looks overjoyed. "Do you?"
"I really do." She kisses him again, and for the time being, 'It's only us'.