Status: whenever i can.

Sea Side

Saltwater Queen

I had begun to visit the beach obsessively. Every day I would sit, waiting for the great chief to discover my mystic smoke signals. He’d always appear, like magic. He would wash ashore for a split second, and then recede beneath the bottom again. Flynn was the Great Sea I had searched for, I think. An electric blanket of liquid. He wouldn’t always notice me; I’d hide away as a siren. I wanted him to approach me first. This day had come on an obnoxiously warm day, the last day of summer. This was not the perfect formula to attract Flynn Corbett.

“What did I tell you?” he asked his voice stern. His hands had yet again tried to rip my hobby from me.
I wanted to feel him, I think. So I grabbed his hands in mine. “I’m Annie,” I said, gazing into honey set eyes.

He sighed, it seemed to be his hobby. “What do you want? Why do you come every day?” So the gorgeous sailor had noticed the crafty siren. The background of our conversation must have looked like two lovers, the quiet ocean lapping behind us.

“I like the beach. What’s your name?” I wasn’t going to let my sailor disappear that quickly.

“Flynn.” His voice was so casual, as if we had never met in the Great Sea.

“Flynn, you saved my life. Do you know that?” I asked, my eyes flicking to his freckles. I had never noticed them until I had an up close view of his features. They were sprinkled chocolates among bark skin.

“I know. But that was a long time ago. What were you doing that far out?” I still had his hands. They felt warm, like sea foam.

“Danger,” I replied. His form had blocked the sun now, but the beach carried a special spell when reduced to a dark pebble.

He gave me a ride home that day. I had sat there, until sun down. I was the Great Sea, ever in wait. That day was also the day I had first held hands with Flynn Corbett.
♠ ♠ ♠
I cannot stop writing this, ahhh. Please don't be a silent reader!