Status: whenever i can.

Sea Side

What the Water Gave Me

“I think I’m in love with you,” I said, my voice coming in waves, in and out. This sailor had captured the bitter seaweed heart of a siren. This was only a week after the First Car Ride.

Flynn had stopped the car once the air had rushed past my lungs. “I don't know you.” This sun god had denied me. I had felt like I spilled foul water from my throat again. The violent Great Sea mother had been fairer. Its waves had only wanted to take my life, not conquer it.

“I fancy a walk now.” I was out of the car now. It was dark, but I could smell the ocean. Feel its iridescent glow bring me towards its womb. The ocean was going to cradle me in its waves and thermal sand. I was going to bury myself in its embrace.

He had followed me, leaving his car in the black abysses. He crept behind me silently, giving me room to breathe. The air that filled my lungs tasted salty and new. Reborn.

Flynn never spoke until my feet were in the pale moonlight of the waves. “It’s late, Annie. Come back to the car.” He had never called me Annie previously, I think. It was always “you”. I was a nymph to the great Poseidon.

“No. I like it here. The water isn't as violent,” I replied, relishing the sacred feeling of sand between my flesh. This is where I belonged.

“The water is always rough. What are you on about?” I couldn't see his honey eyes, but I could feel the confused look he had adorned.

“Great Sea, near my home. She’s violent. She tried to kill me, you know. That’s why I’m in love with you.” Flynn had taken the reckless tides and transformed them into sloshing waves around his feet that day.

“Stop it,” he said. “I barely remember you. It’s your face. It’s… memorable.” This had ignited a fire not even Flynn Corbett could mute with water.
♠ ♠ ♠
I found a great mix to listen to while reading this its link is here. Anyway, I'll write more today, hopefully. Don't be a silent reader, please. ;-;