Status: whenever i can.

Sea Side

Song of the Sea

Following the violent outpour of tears, I had begun to visit the sailor less and less. It seemed the novelty of Annie Collingwood had worn off. My siren songs no longer pierced his ear drums. I was never magical to him; he never called me “Annie”. I had to force it from his saltwater lungs.

“Annie.” We were on the beach, my head resting on his shoulder. It sunset and the ocean was transformed to a Saturn lake.

“What?” I asked, my short fingers creating circles in the golden sand. It was a ritual now; sitting on the beach together.

“Ride home?” Flynn never demanded I go home anymore; it was always a polite request that flowed like rivers.

I lifted my head from his shoulder, turning my oceanic eyes to a pair of honey orbs. “No. I have an idea.” I wanted to woo Flynn. Mother had said boys liked going on dates. But weren’t our ocean side rituals the perfect dates?

He sighed, his breath escaping from his throat in a rattled wave. “What’s this idea?” he asked, his face washing away to placid interest.

“I wanna take you on a date. I’m in love with you,” I replied, my eyes becoming the bright Great Sea.

“I’m not... Fine. One date.” Finally Flynn’s flood barrier had been overcome.

His episode of denying my love had not stopped me. The Great Sea – though homicidal – had taught me the beauty of violent waves.

“I saw this place, Flynn. It looked so romantic,” I babbled, my hand itching towards his on the soft sand. I bet his hands felt like pearls against pale skin.

Flynn was beautiful, I think. He didn’t hold the maniac of the Great Sea, but he had its strength. Hands so violent, but floated around me. I wanted him to engulf me in his sea foam tides. I wanted to swim in his currents for eternity. The Silver Ocean could never captivate the siren in such a way.

“What place do you have in mind?” he asked his hands still on the sand. Now was the time. With oceanic elegance, I gingerly entwined my fingers with his. We were now two tides crashing together; salt water and fresh.

He didn’t move his hand. “Snowflake Donuts. I always loved the winter, Flynn. That’s the time when the Great Sea ices over into a silent tyrant.

This was the first time my flesh collided with Flynn Corbett.
♠ ♠ ♠
So uhm, sorry for not updating in the past few days, life and boyfriend stuff has been keeping me busy. But hopefully I'll be updating more normally this week. Snowflake Donuts is actually a place I drove by while seeing my doctor Friday, btw. LOL. And as always, please don't be a silent reader. c: