Status: whenever i can.

Sea Side

A Drop In the Ocean

Flynn had agreed to pick me up the next day, appearing in his golden chariot of steel and gasoline. I was going on a date with Poseidon. Snowflake Donuts wasn’t the place for a sun god, I knew, but neither was the Great Sea.

“You have powder on your nose,” I grinned, my hands resting in my lap. I had finished my plate of snowballs.

“Oh.” He was blushing now, bark cheeks embracing waves of pink. He was beautiful when flustered fits engulfed him.

A jolt of electricity had swum through my veins; the brave tides of the Great Sea had flooded me. With trembling heart, I leaned forward and kissed his nose. “Now it’s gone.”

He seemed unfazed by my act of love. Honey orbs only stared with the same energy I had felt when I was thirteen. Flynn’s sailor soul had washed over me, I was drowning.

“Why do you love me anyway, Annie? I’ve never formally asked.”

A light sigh had floated from my lungs in a weak tide, “Silly, silly Flynn Corbett. I love you because you saved me from a sailor’s death. You ripped me from the Great Sea’s homicidal grip. You’re lovely, I think.”

“Stop it,” he whispered under his breath. It was as if he believed I wouldn’t reply the same as always. I was the Silver Ocean; eternal.

Flynn was the mythical sailor Daniel never was. He was born in the oceanic ooze of the Great Sea’s womb. Perfectly crafted for violent currents that had slain Daniel. I’ve never seen a photo of him, I think. I wasn’t born from Mother’s and Daniel’s holy matrimony. No. I was created in the Silver Ocean and fished out like Moses.

“Flynn are you in love?” I asked, my words spilling from my mouth forming a puddle on the table.

Gingerly, he dropped his half-eaten donut. “Yes,” he replied, honey set eyes staring into the ocean.

“Oh, Flynn.”

“It’s – it’s not with y – you,” he stuttered, his bark exterior finally burning.

“It is me. Because I love you,” I murmured, tangling our fingers together.

“Love doesn’t exist,” he said flatly, his eyes still absorbed in blue pearls.

I smiled. “I’ll teach you.” This added kindle to the fire Flynn Corbett had ignited.
♠ ♠ ♠
So much dialogue, ahh. Anyway, this is a bit of a weak chapter, I admit. Bit of a filler, hopefully tomorrow's will have more... jazz. And as always, please don't be a silent reader. c: