Status: active.

Celtic Knot

1

A continuous buzz woke Kelley out of her deep sleep. Raising a 3 year old energetic boy that takes after his father has caused the woman to cherish any amount of sleep she could get. The buzzing just wouldn't stop though. She reached over to the night stand that held her phone without removing her head from her pillow.

She looked through her phone and saw a handful of texts and a few missed calls from numbers she didn't recognize. It was then that she realized that her boyfriend/son's father/whatever they werewasn't in bed next to her. She began to read through the messages and her blood began to boil and tears started to form.

Kel, Ryan got arrested this morning. Call me.

Hey, have you heard from Ryan?


The earliest one she got, though, is what really started the river of tears.

Hey baby, I'm going out tonight. Give Kieran a kiss for me.

As she was deleting the voicemail she heard the front door security key pad beeping and the door unlocking. Kelley threw on her robe and slipped her feet into slippers before making her way out of the master bedroom and passing her son Kieran's dinosaur themed room and seeing the boy sleeping soundly still, his blonde curls a moppy mess and peeking out of his blanket. A spitting image of his father. Kelley took a few deep breaths before making her way towards where Ryan was.

He was in his office on the phone most likely discussing the recent events. He eventually hung up with the person on the other line and rubbed his face. When Kelley walked into the office she was overcome by the smell of stale alcohol. He was sitting in the leather couch against the wall with his face in his hands. Kelley kept her distance, just standing in the doorway.

"What happened, Ry?" She asked, gently. A fight isn't what she wanted to put up with this early in the morning, especially with their son still sleeping.

"I got pulled over. I guess a cop was behind me and I hit a curb." He responded. His already deep voice had a slight raspiness to it.

"Were you drinking?"

"Well, yeah, but--"

"What do you mean 'yeah but?' Ryan you were drunk driving!"

"You didn't let me finish. I was arrested because I had some stuff on me."

"I swear to fucking god, Ry. Are you kidding me?" She was standing in front of him now. His shoulders were slumped over. He let out a hefty cough before he spoke up again.

"I had a little bit of coke on me."

"Oh nice! So we're going through this again? I thought we got past all this! I'm guessing she's back in the picture too?"

"Come on, Kel. I don't need this right now. I have a pounding headache and I already have Yzerman on my ass. My agent's blowing up my phone. My dad's flipping his shit."

"And what? I'm just supposed to ignore the fact that you could have killed yourself or some innocent person on the road?"

"It's not that dramatic, Kelley. They took me in because of the coke. I wasn't that drunk."

She wanted to believe him. "Exactly. So are you fucking around on me again? That whore shows up and you start getting into this shit all over?"

He didn't respond.

"God damn it, Ryan! Answer me! Are you cheating on me with her again?"
♠ ♠ ♠
First post!! Let me know what you think!