Status: active.

Celtic Knot

2

An all out screaming match was inevitable. Ryan stood up, he has a good foot or so on Kelley. He towered over her. She took one step back and was ready to speak her mind when little Kieran came into the room.

"Morning momma, breakfast?" The boy rubbed his blue eyes and ran over when he saw that his father was standing alongside his mother.

"Daddy!" He scampered over towards Ryan, letting out a loud laugh when Ryan picked him up upside down.

"How's it going, bud?" Ryan flipped his son right side up and gave him a kiss on his head.

"Good. Daddy, you smell funny." Kieran patted Ryan's beard and scrunched his face.

"Daddy was playing hockey, baby." Kelley replied. She brushed his curls away from his face. "Do you wanna come eat now?" He reached out for her to take him in her arms. She looked up at Ryan, he could see the disappointment in her eyes. She sighed and rubbed his forearm. "We'll talk later."

Kelley kept herself busy with Kieran to avoid speaking to Ryan. When Ryan came into the kitchen to help with breakfast, she just sent him to bed. "You had a long night, Ry. Get some sleep." She almost felt bad when she turned her face when he tried to kiss her and got her cheek instead. He just shook his head and patted Kieran's hair before trudging to the master bedroom.

Later on in the day Kelley decided to take Kieran to the park and to meet up with her friend Whitney to talk about the situation with Ryan.

"So, who's this girl?" Whitney asked sitting down on a park bench. Kelley unbelted Kieran from his stroller and let him run off before continuing.

"Her name is Tamra." Kelley rolled her eyes.

"That just sounds like she's trashy." Whitney replied with a slight sound of disgust.

"Seriously. She's some bar hopping bimbo that pretty much lurks on any man that has any sort of status here."

"One of those?" Whitney sucked her teeth. "So he's been involved with her before?"

"Yeah, when we first came here when he was traded from Pittsburgh. He would go out with the guys and she would just sink her claws into anyone she could. Ry fell for it a few times. It really went on until I got pregnant with Kieran. Then he grew up a little." Kelley explained.

"I just don't get it. Why would he get caught up in that again?" Whitney questioned.

That same question has been circling Kelley's head all day. As far as she knew, her and Ryan were perfectly fine. Sure the stress of the season would get to the both of them, but they've been through a long season before.

"No idea. I haven't talked to him about it yet. I could barely look at him this morning." Kelley shook her head.

"So, I'm guessing you didn't tell him the news?" Kelley looked at her friend and just shook her head again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay! I have a lot of ideas for this story, but I'm just not sure how to puzzle it all together yet. Let me know what you think!