Status: active.

Celtic Knot

3

Kieran was down for his nap and Kelley decided that there was no better time to talk to Ryan than now. He was back in the office, surely on the phone with either his agent, dad, or some figure from the Lightning. She quietly stepped in, waiting for his phone call to be over. As she sat down in the plush office chair, Ryan looked up and quickly ended his call.

"Kell, I am so sorry." Her expressionless gaze gave no indication that she accepted his apology.

Her voice cracked, "Why, Ryan?" She blinked back a few tears. "I just don't get it. We've been fine. And now, you go out one night and that whore comes around and you're back to the shit we dealt with nearly 4 years ago."

"I didn't do anything with her. Yeah, I drank too much and my judgement was a bit cloudy, but I love you and Kieran way too much to get into that again."

She wasn't giving in that easily. "You're full of shit, Ryan."

"Come on, Kelley. Just fucking believe me." He begged.

"Ry, that tramp is the reason Vinny is in Philadelphia right now. She caused your teammates wife so many problems that they moved."

"What are you saying? You're gonna leave me?"

"It's an option I've considered." Kelley's head was down, but shot up when she heard Ryan's large chair screech against the hardwood floor.

"You can't take my son away from me!" Ryan's voice was getting louder.

Kelley stood up as well. If he wanted to yell, she was ready.

"You really weren't too concerned about him when you ended up in jail yesterday!" She stormed off headed to Kieran's room.

"Kelley!" Ryan followed her to just outside their son's bedroom door.

"I forgave you the first time this happened, Ryan. I can't go through this again. Not with Kieran." And with that said, she stepped into the boy's room, quietly shutting the door behind her. Instead of fighting any more, Ryan retreated into the master bedroom, changed his shirt and grabbed his car keys.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's moving slowly, but I just had a lot of time on my hands at work today.