Status: active.

Celtic Knot

4

Kelley woke up earlier than usual with her stomach feeling like it was flipping inside her. She reached over for the glass of water on the bedside table that was leftover from the night before when she went to bed with a headache. But before she could take a sip, the sourness in her stomach reached her throat and she dashed to the bathroom. After flushing the toilet and splashing her face with water she went back into the bedroom where Ryan was sitting up in bed.

"You ok, babe? I heard you get sick."

"Yeah, fine. Just still have a headache. I'm gonna go back to bed." She laid back on her side of the bed and curled in a ball away from Ryan.

"I'll go take care of Kier. You get some sleep." Kelley nodded as Ryan gave her a soft kiss on her head. When he left the room, Kelley picked up her phone to text her friend Whitney.

'I just got sick again. I think it's time for a test.' Just as the swoop of the iMessage sending sounded, Kelley was fast asleep.


When Kelley stepped into Kieran's room, he was already up and playing with a few matchbox cars on the floor.

"Hey, buddy. You have a good nap?" She sat next to him on the floor and brushed her fingers through his curly hair. He handed her one of his cars and nodded. They played in the room until Kieran fully awoke and started to become a little too hyper. He started jumping around and Kelley instinctively held her hands across her stomach.

"Be careful on momma's belly, baby." She told him. He stopped for a few moments before he started getting riled up again.

"Kieran!" She said a little too sternly. The boy stopped in his tracks and looked up at his mom with the saddest eyes.

"I'm sorry mommy! Are you mad at me?" He asked. She shook her head no and gave him a tight hug.

"Are you mad at daddy?" His bright blue eyes looked up into hers. He must have heard them arguing in the room down the hall.

"I'm not mad at him. Just a little sad." She explained to the young boy. "But, hey! I have something to tell ya. Remember for daddy's birthday we had that surprise party and he was sooo excited?"

The little boy nodded his head. "He said we scared him!" Kieran jumped up and formed his hands like claws. Kelley laughed at him and grabbed him into her lap.

"Well we're gonna do that again. Ok buddy? But you gotta remember you can't tell daddy." He clapped his hands together.

"I promise I won't tell!" He reached out his pinky finger and latched it on to Kelley's, just like they did when they planned Ryan's birthday.

"You're gonna be a big brother, Kieran." His face lit up.

"I'm gonna have a brother to play with?" He asked enthusiastically.

"Or a little sister to protect."

"Can we name him T-Rex?" He begged.

Kelley just laughed at him. "We'll see, buddy."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, in the past few days or so I was on Tumblr, and apparently it's a problem that I'm writing about Ryan being arrested. I debated on just leaving the story alone, but why should some bratty girls online be able to get to me.

Tell me what ya think