Love Won't Let You Get Away

Chapter Two

The shrill sound of an alarm clock quickly woke Olivia up from her sleep. She hurried to turn it off before laying her head back against her pillow.

“I’ll get up now,” Olivia thought to herself as she stretched her arms above her head.

It wasn’t until Olivia heard the slam of the door to her hotel room that she realized that she had gone back to sleep, instead of getting up. Her eyes remained closed tightly as Olivia decided that she didn’t feel like getting up today.

“Wake up, sleepyhead,” Nicholas gently spoke as he carefully patted her feet with one of his hands.

Olivia faked a light snore before mumbling something as if she was talking in her sleep.

“One would think that such an acclaimed actress would be better at pretending to sleep,” Nicholas mocked.

“I am not getting up at this ungodly hour!” Olivia snapped.

“Get up, Olivia!” Nicholas demanded. “You’re already behind schedule. Stop acting like a child!”

“But I am a child!” Olivia whined.

“You’re not a child anymore. You are 21 years old,” Nicholas stated.

Olivia figured that if she ignored Nicholas long enough, he’d leave her alone.

“You leave me no choice, then,” Nicholas said calmly.

“Yes! It worked!” Olivia thought happily as she heard Nicholas walking away from her bed.

“I hope you know that we wouldn’t have had to do it this way if you would have been willing to cooperate,” Nicholas stated.

Olivia groaned loudly and scrunched her face up as the room’s far too bright lights were turned on.

“Now get up!” Nicholas demanded.

“But the sun isn’t even up yet,” Olivia pouted as she sat up in her bed.

“Come on now, Liv,” Nicholas said. “You don’t have much time before you have to be in the make-up trailer. Go and take a shower. You’ll feel better.”

“Why on earth do I even work as an actress?” she questioned herself out loud.

“The money, Olivia,” he replied jokingly and laughed. “You do it for all of the money.”

“Surely, there must be a better way to earn a lot of money?” Olivia questioned as she got up and walked into the bathroom, leaving the door open behind her.

“Well, you could always marry an extremely rich guy,” he suggested.

“No, that would never work, Nick,” Olivia laughed as she looked at herself in the mirror.

“Why not?” Nicholas questioned with a smile on his face.

“I would never even want to marry a rich guy. So an extremely rich guy is clearly out of the question. He would undoubtedly be very vainglorious because of his fortune. And I happen to dislike vainglorious people,” she explained.

“You must really hate yourself, then?” Nicholas suggested smugly; half-jokingly, half-seriously.

“Of course I do. I’m an absolutely awful human being,” Olivia smiled.

Nicholas just giggled and shook his head.

“Besides if I did end up marrying anyone it would almost certainly end up in a murder-suicide situation,” she stated.

“Which one of you do you reckon would be the murderer?” he asked.

“Oh, it would definitely be the husband! I would be the most horrible wife thereever was, I am sure of it,” Olivia replied instantly while slowly going to remove her pajamas to step into the shower.

“Are you just going to watch me while I do this?” she questioned with an angry tone.

“I’ll go and get some clothes out for you,” Nicholas said and walked away to give Olivia privacy. “Geez! What’s with the attitude this morning, huh?”

“I just don’t want you looking at me when I’m naked,” she replied.

“Olivia, do you even realize how many times you’ve forced me to help you get into your costume while working on this movie alone? I’ve seen you naked more than once and I don’t even care because you’re way too femalefor my personal taste,” he said while going through Olivia’s clothes to find a comfortable outfit for her to wear while getting her make-up for the day done. “Besides you’re like my little sister.”

“That’s exactly the problem,” Olivia answered as she stepped into the shower and turned on the water.

“What is?” Nicholas asked while sitting down on the bed.

“The sister part,” she replied.

“Why would that be the problem?” he asked while furrowing his brows together.

“It’s just creepy,” Olivia said as she washed her hair.

“No, it’s not. Since you’re like a sister to me, I find it repulsive to see you naked,” Nicholas explained.

“Hah!” Olivia snorted. “You should have said that to the kids in the movie I watched last night.”

“Oh! So that’s what this is about?” Nicholas smiled. “You’ve been mentally scarred by a movie.”

“No, it didn’t mentally scar me,” she answered as she turned off the water and wrapped a big towel around herself. “It was just… slightly disturbing.”

“Do you want me to hand you your clothes, or are you afraid that I might try to have sex with you?” Nicholas teased.

“Stop making fun of me and give me the clothes!” Olivia demanded as she wrapped her hair in a smaller towel.

Nicholas went into the bathroom and placed Olivia’s clothes on the counter.

“Look at that,” he said sarcastically. “We’re in the same room and we’re not trying to have sex with each other like those siblings did in whatever horrible movie you were watching last night.”

“Get out!” Olivia said angrily as she pushed Nicholas out of the bathroom and slammed the door closed.

Nicholas laughed mockingly.

“And the movie wasn’t horrible!” Olivia shouted from behind the closed door. “I bet it was much better than any of the crap that you might have watched last night!”

“I didn’t watch any crap!” Nicholas snapped back.

“What did you watch, then?” she replied.

“I watched Family Guy!” he retorted.

“Then I won this discussion,” a fully dressed Olivia said with a smug grin on her face as she threw the bathroom door open.

“How did you win the discussion?” Nicholas asked, annoyed.

“The movie I watched was clearly better than the crap that you watched,” she answered while drying her hair with the smaller towel.

“Family Guy isn’t crap, Olivia,” Nicholas stated.

“Yes, it is,” she replied.

“You have never even seen an entire episode!” he almost shouted. “How would you even know?”

“I’ve seen enough of it to know!” she shouted back.

The two stood staring at each other before Olivia closed her eyes and dropped back onto her bed.

“No, no, no,” Nicholas protested, “Don’t you dare pretend to be asleep again.”

“I’m not,” Olivia said as she peeked at him through one eye before closing it again. “Tell them I’m dead.”

Nicholas grabbed a pillow and repeatedly hit Olivia with it.

“Get up! Get up! Get up!” he demanded.

“Fine!” she shouted as she quickly stood up.

“What’s the matter with you today, Liv?” Nicholas asked. “You’re not on your period are you? It’s too early for that.”

“I’m just bored,” she sighed. “I’m bored with life.”

“Listen to me, Olivia,” Nicholas gently spoke as he put his hands on her shoulders. “This is the final day of filming. Tonight we’ll go to the wrap party and have a good time. And after that we’ll go back home to spend some much needed time off from work for a few days.”

“Thank you for helping me, Nicholas,” Olivia replied as they hugged each other.

“Of course,” he smiled before teasingly adding, “This doesn’t you remind of the movie about incest, right?”

“I seriously can’t believe that I pay you so much money for you to be such a pain in the ass, Nick,” Olivia said as she pushed him away from her.

“You would never survive in this business without me, Liv. And I don’t know how I would survive in this world without your friendship,” Nicholas said genuinely and lovingly.

“I really don’t know whether I should love you or hate you right now,” Olivia admitted as she looked at Nicholas suspiciously.

“You love me as I love you,” he replied.

“You really shouldn’t pay such close attention to my menstrual cycle,” she stated, out of the blue. “It’s creepy.”

“I know it is,” he replied. “Believe me, I know.”

“So you admit that you’re a creep, then?” she questioned sarcastically.

“Let’s get you to work now,” Nicholas sighed; ignoring her.

“Fine,” Olivia sighed. “Let’s go.”

“Fine,” he repeated as they left the hotel room.

“Creep,” she in jest said under her breath.

“Whatever, Liv… Family Guy is still better than your disgusting incest drama,” Nicholas declared.

“Family Guy,” Olivia snorted sanctimoniously. “Hah!”

“It’s not crap, Liv,” Nicholas stated.

“What kind of sick human being would ever come up with that shit?” she asked.

“A rich guy, Olivia,” he replied seriously, “An extremely rich guy.”

“Ugh! I don’t like the sound of him,” Olivia stated pompously. “He is probably the vainglorious type.”
♠ ♠ ♠
All feedback is welcome and any constructive criticism is highly appreciated.

Thanks to all of you who have read and subscribed to the story.