Love Won't Let You Get Away

Chapter Three

As Olivia leaned back against the wall behind her, she gazed out over the lively party scene in front of her. She smiled as she watched some of her fellow party guests hurry to the dance floor when they realized that the DJ was playing their favorite song.

Olivia sighed contently as she wiped a loose strand of hair away from her sweaty forehead. This was truly what she had needed. To get away from all the responsibilities that came with her work, even if just for a few days.

"I've got the ice!" Chloë Moretz called out as she came running over to Olivia.

Olivia giggled lightly as she saw the giant smile Chloë had on her face.

"Ready or not, here it comes," Chloë stated.

Before Olivia could protest Chloë had cautiously placed a bag of ice on Olivia's right ankle, which was propped up in front of her on the couch she was sitting on.

"Gosh, Chloë! That's freezing!" Olivia gasped.

"I know…" Chloë stated. "It's ice."

Chloë jokingly rolled her eyes before sitting down at the end of the same couch as Olivia.

"More drinks for the injured dame and her beautiful friend!"

Olivia and Chloë both giggled as the man of the hour, the birthday boy himself, Jared Eng, came over to the private booth with a drink in each hand. He was followed by Maria Menounos who seemed to struggle with the two drinks that she was carrying because of her laughing.

"Tell me, my dear," Jared spoke as he stood beside the table and looked at Olivia. "Are you feeling like you're in the mood for some Rihanna, or would you prefer some Beyoncé, right now?" he asked while motioning towards the drinks.

"Ugh!" Olivia groaned playfully. "No more Rihanna for me tonight!"

"That's probably a good decision considering what happened earlier!" Maria giggled as she handed Chloë a yellow colored drink before sitting down on the booth's other couch.

Jared laughed along with Maria as he handed Olivia a blue colored drink.

"Here you go," Jared said before sitting down next to Maria.

"Thank you," Olivia smiled and took a sip of her drink.

After only a few moments of sitting down, Maria began waving to someone in the crowd as Jared jumped out of his seat with a smile on his face.

"Seth!" they both called in unison.

"Come over here!" Maria added.

The ice bag that was resting on Olivia's ankle slipped off and landed on the floor as she leaned to her side in hope of seeing who they were calling for.

"Oh!" Olivia exclaimed softly and went to reach for the bag.

"Forget it," Chloë said with a smile as she picked up the bag and once again placed it on Olivia's ankle.

"Thanks, Chloë," Olivia smiled as she leaned back against the wall again.

"No problem," Chloë replied.

Olivia, who was starting to feel tired, gave up on her attempt to find out who they had spotted in the crowd. She instead devoted her attention to the drink she was holding in her hand.

"Happy birthday, man!"

Olivia could instantly feel her heart warming at the sound of what was one of the most beautiful speaking voices she had ever heard. Olivia kept her gaze on the drink in her hand as she tried to remember where she possible could have heard that voice before. It sounded so familiar, yet she was absolutely certain that she didn't know the owner of the voice personally.

"Thank you, Seth," Jared replied happily as Olivia could hear the two men giving each other a man hug.

"This is such a nice party," the man said. "Thank you for inviting me."

Even after Olivia had realized that she wouldn't be able to place the voice, she kept her head down. It seemed, and probably was, a very rude thing to do. But she had always been terribly shy about meeting new people, especially when she wasn't required to do so for her work.

"Oh, I'm the one who should be thanking you! I really appreciate that you took the time to be here," Jared said.

"No problem at all," the man replied.

"Hi Seth," Maria said happily.

In the corner of her eye Olivia could see Maria getting out of her seat to give the man a hug.

"How are you?" the man asked.

"I'm great," Maria replied as she sat back down. "How are you?"

"I'm good," the man replied.

"And you've met Chloë before, right?" Jared questioned.

"Yes, I have," the man said and reached to shake Chloë's hand. "It's very nice to meet you again."

"You too," Chloë replied.

Without looking up, Olivia could sense that the attention of the group had turned to her. She had never known exactly why she had always found the process of meeting new people so terrifying. But Olivia would often decline party invitations to avoid situations such as this.

"You've never met Olivia, have you?" Jared asked the man.

Olivia swore that she could feel the eyes of the man studying her carefully and this made her blush.

"No, I've never had the honor to," the man replied.

"Seth, this is Olivia," Jared said.

Olivia discreetly took a deep breath before finally turning her head up to meet the eyes of the man.

"Olivia, this is Seth," Jared smiled.

Olivia's heart skipped a beat as her stomach dropped. She couldn't believe her eyes. The man standing in front of the booth was the handsome, dark-haired man from the Vanity Fair Oscar Party.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Olivia," Seth smiled genuinely and looked at her with warm eyes.

Seth stretched his arm out across the table to extend his right hand to Olivia while he held a drink in his left hand. She inwardly panicked as she realized how clammy her hands were. Olivia tried to subtly wipe her right hand on the shorts she was wearing before taking his hand to shake it.

"The pleasure's all mine," Olivia smiled.

Olivia loved the feeling of holding Seth's soft hand. But at the same time it made her even more shy and insecure as she could feel how dry his hand was compared to hers. As Olivia tried to pull away Seth squeezed her hand a bit tighter and gently stroked the back of her hand with his thumb. Olivia blushed even more as Seth smiled wider making his eyes crinkle.

He was more beautiful than she had remembered him to be. The other people at the booth failed to notice this interaction as their attention had been fleetingly stolen by another guest across the room. Seth released Olivia's hand but kept his eyes locked on her as she immediately went to stare into her drink again.

"Please, sit down and join us, Seth," Maria said with a smile.

"I would love to," Seth smiled and sat down next to Maria; Jared following and sitting down next to Seth.

"How's everything going with the…?"

This was all Olivia heard Jared begin to ask Seth before she drifted into her thoughts. How embarrassing that her hand had been so clammy. He must have been disgusted by it. He couldn't possibly remember her from the Vanity Fair Oscar Party. It shouldn't be allowed to look so perfect. Oh, God! Why did her hand have to be so clammy?!

Olivia shyly glanced up to look at Seth to find that, though he was in conversation with Jared, his attention seemed to be placed on her. Seth subtly smiled towards her while Jared briefly turned his attention towards another guest who passed by the booth. Olivia blushed and smiled sweetly before boring her eyes into the drink in her hand again.

"Where's your hottie tonight, Liv?" Maria asked.

Olivia quickly glanced at Seth before turning her head to look at Maria.

"My what?" Olivia replied with a confused look on her face.

"Your hottie," Maria smiled.

"Your hot boyfriend, Olivia," Chloë clarified with a smile.

Olivia desperately looked to Seth and for a second believed that she had seen pain flash across his eyes. The eyes that, just seconds earlier, had twinkled when he looked at her.

"She wants to know where Jake is tonight," Jared stated.

Olivia looked to Jared with a puzzled expression on her face.

"Oh, my boyfriend," Olivia sighed, "My boyfriend Jake."

Seth couldn't understand why he had ever believed that this young, beautiful woman wouldn't have a boyfriend. The fact that Seth had even dared to hope that she might take interest in him absolutely baffled him.

"Yes. Your boyfriend Jake," Jared smiled as someone called for him across the room. "I'm sorry, guys. I should go. We'll talk later."

"Of course," Chloë smiled.

"Don't worry about it," Maria said.

Olivia remained silent as her eyes focused on Seth, who now seemed to avoid her.

"Thank you all for being here. You guys are awesome," Jared smiled before he left the booth.

"So where is Jake?" Maria questioned.

Olivia felt ashamed that the presence of Seth seemed to completely push away her thoughts of Jake.

"He's on a film set in New Mexico," Olivia stated as she looked at Maria.

"How long have you been with him now?" Chloë asked curiously.

"Three and a half years," Olivia stated tentatively and briefly glanced at Seth who still avoided her gaze as he sighed sadly to himself.

"Oooh, I think we'll be hearing those wedding bells soon!" Maria smiled teasingly.

In the corner of her eye, Olivia could see Seth's attention quickly turning back to her.

"Oh, I don't know," Olivia replied uncomfortably.

"Oh, come on, Ollie! Jake absolutely adores you!" Chloë stated with a smile as she teasingly tickled Olivia's bare feet.

"You could be Mrs. Jacob Hamilton before the year is out," Maria smiled.

"You love him, don't you?" Chloë questioned.

"Yes, of course I love him," Olivia replied without hesitating.

Olivia truly did love Jake. He had been so sweet to her. But was she still in love with him? Had she ever been in love with him?

"Let's say he asked you to marry him tomorrow," Maria questioned, "Would you say yes?"

"I guess… Maybe," Olivia replied before adding truthfully, "I don't know."

Chloë and Maria squealed lightly, clearly interpreting this answer as an affirmative. Seth looked down into his drink before taking a sip of it.

"What about you, Seth?" Maria smiled.

"What about me?" he questioned.

"How's your love life?" Maria asked.

Seth met the eyes of Olivia before quickly looking at Maria.

"There's nothing going on," Seth replied.

"Nothing at all?" Chloë asked.

Seth glanced at Olivia, sighed and shook his head.

"No. Nothing at all," he confirmed as he looked at Chloë.

"Maybe I could set you up with someone?" Maria suggested.

"I don't know," Seth replied.

"Oooh!" Chloë exclaimed. "I'm so, so sorry! But can you guys hear that? That's my jam!"

Seth smiled slightly at Chloë as Maria giggled.

"Come on, people," Chloë demanded, "Dance with me!"

"I'm sorry. I'm not much of a dancer, Chloë," Seth replied apologetically.

"Maria?" Chloë said hopefully.

"Yes, sure," Maria smiled and finished her drink, "I'll join you."

"Are you going to be okay?" Chloë asked worriedly as she looked at Olivia.

"I'll be fine," Olivia smiled.

"I'll be back soon," Chloë stated.

"Don't worry about me, Chloë. Enjoy the party," Olivia said genuinely before teasing, "Now hurry up! That's your jam!"

"Let's go!" Chloë smiled at Maria as she jumped out of her seat.

Seth stood up and moved out of the booth to let Maria pass.

"We'll back be soon," Maria promised with a smile before hurrying to the dance floor with Chloë.

Seth stood uncomfortably by the table of the booth as Chloë and Maria disappeared into the crowd. He stared at his feet for a moment before looking up at Olivia who was shifting in her seat in hope of sitting more comfortably. Once again the bag of ice that was resting on Olivia's ankle slipped off and fell down onto the floor. Olivia sighed and started to push herself up from her seat to retrieve the bag.

"I'll get it for you," Seth stated kindly and placed his drink down on the table as he reached for the bag.

"Thank you," Olivia replied quietly.

Olivia reached her hand out for the bag once Seth stood back up. But he ignored this and didn't hand it over to her.

"Should I…?" Seth began shyly. "Do you want me to…?"

As Seth motioned the bag towards Olivia's injured ankle, she understood what he wanted to ask and she began to blush.

"Yes, if you don't mind," she answered quietly and leaned back against the wall.

Seth turned his gaze up from Olivia's ankle to look at her face. Seth had to catch his breath when Olivia's eyes met his and she smiled at him.

"I don't mind," Seth replied and blushed lightly while shaking his head softly.

As Seth gently placed the bag of ice on Olivia's right ankle, his right hand accidentally grazed her left ankle. Seth discreetly left his hand to linger there for a moment as he reveled in how soft her skin felt. Seth grabbed his drink from the table and took a deep breath as he stood back.

"Thank you, Seth," Olivia said softly.

"You're welcome, Olivia," he replied before looking down into the drink in his hand.

Even though Seth realized that he could never have Olivia, he couldn't stand the thought of not being near her tonight.

"Would you mind if I stayed with you?" Seth asked nervously.

Olivia felt relief as Seth expressed his wish to stay with her. But she couldn't understand what it was about Seth that tugged so at her heartstrings. Olivia didn't even know this man, yet there was nothing that she wanted more than to be with him.

"Not at all," Olivia replied.

"Okay," Seth smiled and sat back down on the booth's other couch.

"Okay," Olivia repeated with a smile and took a sip of her drink.

"Is it sprained?" Seth questioned while nodding his head towards Olivia's ankle.

"Yeah, I think so," Olivia sighed.

"What happened?" he inquired.

"Oh, I've learned an important life lesson today," she smiled. "You should never combine too much tequila and high heels with Chloë Moretz and her favorite Rihanna song."

"Ouch," Seth grumbled sympathetically.

"Exactly. It hurt pretty badly," she replied before jokingly adding, "I know you'll be tempted to try it when you go out to dance in your high heels. But take my word for it, Seth; it's a bad idea."

"I'll try my best to avoid it," Seth laughed genuinely.

Olivia smiled as Seth's laughter warmed her heart and soul. She quietly studied him for a moment as he took a sip of his drink.

"Where are you from?" Olivia inquired.

"Originally?" Seth questioned as he looked at her.

"Yes," Olivia nodded.

"I was born and raised in Kent, Connecticut," he answered. "What about you?"

"I was born in Marseille in France," she stated.

"You're French, then?" Seth smiled.

"I spent the majority of my childhood in France, but I'm not an official citizen of France," Olivia explained. "But my mother is French and her father is too."

"So, what country are you a citizen of?" he asked before smiling, "Or are you stateless, like a pirate?"

"No, I'm not stateless," Olivia giggled. "I'm British American."

"How come?" Seth retorted.

"Well, my mother was born in England to a British mother," she said. "And my father's an American from Cincinnati, Ohio."

"Oh," Seth smiled. "That would explain your Mid-Atlantic accent then."

"I guess so," Olivia smiled shyly.

"You sound a little bit like they did in the motion pictures in 1940's Hollywood," Seth teases lightly as he alters his voice slighty and makes an attempt to imitate Olivia's accent while ridiculing the 1940's way of speaking.

"Oh, Gosh!" she giggled. "That was pretty bad."

"Nonsense," he grinned.

Seth smiled to himself as he thought of how Olivia, just a little while earlier, had not even dared to look at him. Now, here she was, comfortably talking to him alone.

"I like it though," Seth stated.

Olivia raised her eyebrows in question as she looked at him.

"Your accent," Seth clarified with a crooked smile.

"Oh," Olivia smiled shyly before she looked away and blushed.

Seth studied how Olivia's green eyes lit up as she smiled and admired how her blushing gave her cheeks a healthy looking glow. At that moment he knew that he had never seen such a beautiful person before in his life.

"What about you?" Olivia questioned and smiled wider. "Are you an American?"

"I'm an American," Seth confirmed.

"Are your mother and father still living in Kent, or…?" Olivia asked.

"Uh… Well…" Seth stuttered slightly and took a deep breath. "My mother died a little over a year and a half ago, actually."

"Oh, I'm so-," Olivia began to say but was interrupted by Chloë and Maria rushing back to the booth.

"Oh my God!" Maria exclaimed loudly and laughed, "You should have seen Chloë! She is absolutely crazy!"

Olivia apologetically met the eyes of Seth who smiled softly towards her.

"The same could be said about you!" Chloë laughed as Maria sat down next to Seth.

Seth smiled politely towards both of them before meeting Olivia's eyes again. She smiled as they continued to look at each other in silence.

"I'll go get us something to drink, Maria," Chloë stated. "Do you guys want something?"

"No, thank you," Olivia and Seth answered in unison as they both smiled at Chloë.

"I'll be right back," Chloë smiled as she walked away from the booth.

Olivia grabbed her clutch from the table to pull out her phone that had just started ringing.

"Hello? Willow? Are you okay?" Olivia asked worriedly as she talked to the person on the phone.

While Maria started to suggest women to set him up on a date with, Seth paid close attention to Olivia in the corner of her eye.

"Yes, of course. I'll get home as soon as possible," Olivia said. "Okay. Bye."

"Is everything alright?" Seth asked while furrowing his eyebrows together.

"Yeah, that just was my sister, she…" Olivia drifted off.

"Is she okay?" Maria asked.

"Yes, she's fine. She just didn't want to be alone. So I guess I should go," Olivia explained.

Chloë returned to the booth as Olivia grabbed her shoes from the floor underneath the table.

"Are you leaving?" Chloë questioned as she placed two drinks down onto the table.

"Yes, Willow needs me," Olivia smiled and put her shoe on her left foot.

"Is she okay?" Chloë asked.

"Yes, everything's fine," Olivia smiled as she removed the bag of ice from her right ankle.

"Alright," Chloë answered, not entirely convinced.

"Ugh!" Olivia groaned.

"What's the matter?" Seth asked fearfully.

"My shoe doesn't even fit my foot anymore!" Olivia desperately exclaimed.

"Stop trying to force it on, Olivia. Your foot is too swollen. You'll only hurt yourself more," Chloë stated.

"Fine," Olivia sighed exasperatedly.

"Do you want me to help you get outside?" Seth offered.

Not only did Seth want to make sure that Olivia would be okay. But he also didn't want to part with her just yet. Olivia smiled and went to reply to his offer, when Chloë spoke before her.

"Don't worry, Seth," Chloë smiled. "I'll take care of her. I'm partly to blame here, after all."

Olivia wanted to go with Seth, but she couldn't find a good reason to deny Chloë's help so she accepted it.

"Thank you for the offer, Seth," Olivia smiled.

Olivia grabbed her left shoe and her clutch before Chloë helped her up.

"No problem at all," he replied genuinely. "Are you going to be alright?"

"I hope so," Olivia smiled before turning her attention to Maria. "I'll talk to you soon."

"Of course," Maria smiled, "Take care."

"I'll be back in a minute," Chloë said with a smile.

"Bye," Olivia smiled while throwing a last glance at Seth.

"Bye," Seth replied with a smile.

Chloë held Olivia's arm to steady her as she hobbled out of the party.

As soon as Olivia had disappeared from his view, Seth felt heartbroken. And even though he was surrounded by a crowd of people and friends, he felt desperately lonely. He couldn't bear to stay much longer. He just wanted to go home and silently feel miserable by himself.

But Seth forced himself to remain at the party for another 20 minutes until he felt like an appropriate moment to excuse himself from the company had appeared. Seth had almost reached the front door when the sound of a female voice made him stop in his tracks.

"You didn't stay for very long."

Seth turned to his left and felt his heartbeat quicken when he saw Olivia sitting on a chair a bit further into the entrance hall.

"What's your rush?" Olivia questioned with a smile.

"Oh, I have to get up early in the morning," Seth lied.

Seth didn't want to admit that he had completely lost interest in the party once Olivia had left.

"Do you have to work?" Olivia asked.

"Yes," Seth lied again.

Olivia smiled and nodded before looking down at the floor in front of her.

"How come you're still here?" Seth questioned.

Olivia turned her gaze back to Seth as she shrugged lightly.

"I have no idea how I'm getting home," Olivia smiled sheepishly before giggling. "So I decided to sit down until I figured it out."

"What solutions have you come up with?" he asked.

"None," Olivia giggled again. "I haven't had time to think about it yet. I've been too busy sitting here and feeling sorry for myself."

Seth chuckled as he let out a deep breath and glanced away from Olivia for just a moment.

"I could give you a ride home," Seth offered with a smile.

"Oh, no," she replied seriously, "I wouldn't want to trouble you."

"It wouldn't be a problem," Seth smiled genuinely.

"Yes, it would be a problem for you. You should go home and get some sleep if you have to get up early," Olivia quickly said. "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

"Yes, I know you will be fine," he replied, "Because I'll drive you home safely."

"But yo-," she began to protest.

"Please, let me give you a ride home, Olivia," Seth almost pleaded. "I promise it won't be a problem."

Olivia opened her mouth to say something, but closed it again as she hesitated.

"I won't murder you if that's what you're worrying about," he teased.

Olivia giggled lightly and looked down at the floor.

"Come on, Olivia," Seth said as he moved himself closer to her. "Your sister's waiting for you."

"Are you sure it wouldn't be a problem?" she questioned.

"I'm sure," he smiled and extended his hand to help her stand up.

Olivia searched his eyes to see if he truly didn't mind before smiling and nodding.

"Okay," Olivia answered and placed her hand in his. "Thank you."

"No problem," Seth replied and started to lightly pull on Olivia's hand to help her up from her seat.

"Oh, shit!" Olivia exclaimed in pain as she carefully tried to stand on her bare, injured foot.

"What's wrong?" he asked fearfully as he lowered her back into her seat.

"I'm so sorry, Seth," she replied. "The pain in my ankle is getting worse."

"Why are you apologizing to me?" Seth questioned before he lowered himself down and sat on his heels.

"I don't know," Olivia answered. "I yelled in your ear, I suppose."

Seth gently lifted Olivia's right foot from the floor and began caressing her ankle as he studied the injury.

"It is starting to look a little worse," he stated.

Olivia's breathing quickened as she tried to calm the butterflies in her stomach when Seth absentmindedly began to caress her leg slightly above her ankle. Seth couldn't help the extreme jealousy he felt when he thought about the fact that there was a man out there who was allowed to let his hands travel freely across Olivia's body.

"We should get you home so you can rest," Seth cleared his throat and quickly stood back up once he realized what his hands were doing.

Olivia instantly missed his touch and blushed lightly as she reminded herself that she had a boyfriend.

"Are you sure it won't be a problem? I really don't want to burden you," Olivia said honestly, while secretly hoping that he wouldn't take his offer back.

"Trust me, Olivia," Seth replied genuinely, "It is alright. I want to help you."

"Okay," she agreed quietly.

"Let's get you to the car," he stated as he lowered himself slightly and once again reached for Olivia's hand.

Seth placed Olivia's right arm around his shoulders while placing his left arm around her back. Olivia sighed and closed her eyes for a short moment as she inhaled his scent.

"Are you ready?" he questioned.

"Mm hmm," Olivia nodded.

"Okay. Here we go," Seth said as he placed his right hand on Olivia's left elbow.

Seth lifted her up out of her seat and steadied her as she stood on her left leg.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm okay," she smiled.

"Okay," he smiled.

Seth carried most of her weight as she hopped on one leg. They were immediately crowded by paparazzi and fans as they made it outside.

"What happened? Are you okay? Can I have an autograph? Could you sign this picture for me? Give us a smile! Are you friends? How long have you known each other? Can I have an autograph? What happened?"

Olivia and Seth smiled as they both remained silent. They agreed to sign autographs and take photos with fans as they waited for the parking valet to bring Seth's car around to them. Seth's left arm remained securely placed around Olivia's back to help her keep her balance.

"Thank you. Have good night," Seth smiled towards the fans and paparazzi as he started to help Olivia towards the car.

"I hope you'll feel better soon, Olivia," a male fan said genuinely.

"Thank you so much," she smiled in response.

Seth helped Olivia into the passenger seat and closed the door behind her. He made his way around the car and into the driver's seat.

"It's a nice car you've got, Seth," Olivia stated.

"Thanks," Seth replied before smiling, "I guess."

Olivia smiled as she rolled her eyes at his response.

"Where to, my lady?" Seth questioned with a smirk.

Olivia giggled and gave the directions to her house as Seth drove out onto the street. The two small talked comfortably until Seth pulled onto the street where Olivia lived.

"It's the third one on the right," Olivia instructed. "My sister's coming down to help me to the house, so you can just stop on the street."

"Okay," he replied and came to a stop in front of the entrance to the driveway.

"Thank you so much, Seth," Olivia said. "What can I do to repay you?"

"Nothing at the moment," Seth smiled. "We'll consider it a favor."

"Thank you," she said again. "I really mean it."

"It was my pleasure," he replied.

"Well, it was very nice to meet you, Seth," Olivia smiled and extended her hand for Seth to shake.

"Likewise," Seth smiled.

Olivia turned a little in her seat and placed her hand on the door handle to get out of the car. But she stopped herself and took a deep breath before turning back to Seth with serious eyes.

"I'm so sorry about your mother, Seth," Olivia said.

Seth's expression turned into a sad one as he looked back at Olivia.

"I truly am sorry for your loss. And I'm very sorry that I brought it up tonight," Olivia apologized. "And I'm even sorrier for bringing up it again now."

"It really is okay. You did nothing wrong, Olivia," he replied and looked down at his hands.

"How did she die?" Olivia asked after a few moments of silence between them.

Seth looked hurt as he quickly turned his eyes back to Olivia.

"Oh, God! I'm so sorry. I don't even know what I was thinking. I shouldn't have asked you that. Please, forgive me, Seth. I am sorry," she rambled as she blushed.

"There's nothing to forgive, Olivia," he smiled softly. "I was just caught a little off guard. I wasn't expecting the question."

"I know. I'm sorry. Why would you expect that question? It's none of my business. I'm really sorry," Olivia continued to ramble and reached to open the door.

"Olivia! Wait!" Seth exclaimed as both of his hands reached to stop her from getting out of the car.

Olivia said nothing as she cautiously turned her head around to look at Seth.

"Breast cancer," he stated simply. "My mother died of breast cancer."

Olivia relaxed back against her seat as Seth's hands left her.

"I'm sorry," Olivia said quietly.

"I know," Seth chuckled lightly. "You've said that."

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry fo-," she began apologizing.

"Please, don't say you're sorry for saying that you're sorry," he interrupted with a laugh. "It's not needed. I believe you already."

"Uh… Uh…" Olivia stuttered shyly. "Then I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything," Seth smiled warmly.

"Do you miss her?" she questioned.

Seth knotted his forehead as he looked away from Olivia who panicked once she realized what she had said.

"Oh, no! I did it again! I'm absolutely horrible! I'm sorry, Seth!" Olivia exclaimed

Olivia slapped herself on the forehead with the palm of her hand before letting it slide down to cover her eyes.

"It's okay, Olivia. Honestly it is," Seth said to calm her down. "And to answer your question…"

Olivia slowly removed her hand away from her eyes and glanced at Seth.

"Yes. I do miss her. I miss her very much," he admitted before sadly looking forward onto the road.

Olivia acted purely on instinct when she placed her right hand on his left cheek to turn his face towards her. Their eyes met before Olivia closed hers as she leaned forward and softly kissed Seth's lips. Seth, who was taken by surprise, kept his eyes open to stare at Olivia for a moment before he closed them and leaned into the kiss. Seth couldn't help the sigh of pleasure that escaped his lips as Olivia pulled away from him. Seth opened his eyes and saw Olivia smiling brightly as she watched him.

Seth smiled back and went to say something, but he stopped himself as their moment came to an end. The inside of the car was lit up by a motion sensing light further up on the driveway. Olivia glanced over her shoulder to see Willow making her way towards the car. She quickly turned back to Seth and gently caressed his left cheek with the hand she was still holding there, before removing it to collect her belongings.

"I'm sorry," Olivia said shyly as she opened the door and stepped out on her left foot.

"Hey, Olivia?" Seth called.

"Yeah?" she smiled softly as she turned around to look at him.

"I guess, I'll see you?" he said nervously.

"Yes," Olivia stated with a wide smile, "Maybe."

Seth smiled as he admired how Olivia's eyes sparkled in the night before she shut the door. Seconds later she was joined by a brown-haired, young woman who helped her up the driveway. Seth relaxed back into his seat and happily watched Olivia for a moment before he started the engine of the car to drive home.
♠ ♠ ♠
All feedback is welcome and any constructive criticism is highly appreciated.

Thanks to all of you who have read and subscribed to the story.
A special thanks to redcurlygirl_45 for commenting.