Love Won't Let You Get Away

Chapter Four

The beams of morning sunshine that streamed through the window and onto the pillow stirred Olivia from her sleep. Olivia slowly peeled her eyes open to find that she had forgotten to close the curtains before going to bed. She groaned in dismay as she squeezed her eyes closed again.

As Olivia drifted between sleep and wakefulness, her expression softened as she remembered the night before. Her heart fluttered comfortably as she envisioned Seth. Olivia smiled as she remembered his voice and the sound of his laughter. She purred blissfully as she remembered the way Seth's lips had felt against hers and the way he had tasted as they kissed.

Olivia was amazed at just how vivid the memories were as she suddenly felt a pair of lips kissing hers. She moaned lightly and willingly began to kiss back. But wait a minute… This couldn't possibly be something that was just happening in her imagination. It felt too real. But it didn't feel like Seth and it certainly didn't taste like him. Olivia pulled back as her eyes flew open.

"Jacob!" she exclaimed in shock while groggily trying to blink away the sleep in her eyes.

"Morning, baby," Jacob smiled widely as he began to climb into Olivia's bed.

"It's you!" she gasped.

"Of course, Livia!" he stated before kissing her again.

Olivia kept her eyes open as she kissed him back while he placed himself on top of her.

"Did you expect somebody else?" Jacob questioned jokingly.

When Olivia looked into Jacob's piercing blue eyes it felt like someone had stabbed her heart with a knife. Jacob smiled lovingly at her as he had no suspicions whatsoever that Olivia might have kissed another man just a few hours before.

"No. Of course not," Olivia lied. "I'm just surprised to see you."

Jacob giggled and rested his entire weight on Olivia as he kissed her again. After a little while of kissing him back, Olivia tenderly pushed Jacob's head back to end the kiss and to look him in the eyes.

"I'm sorry, Jake," she said, "But I'm a little confused. Aren't you supposed to be filming today?"

"Yes, but I went to the director and I told him how much I missed my girlfriend," Jacob staunchly explained. "And I threatened that if he didn't allow me some time off to visit her in California, then I would walk off that film set and never return!"

Olivia narrowed her eyes suspiciously as she looked at Jacob.

"Don't look at me like that, baby," he said, "I'm telling you the truth!"

"Really?" Olivia questioned as she raised her eyebrows in humored disbelief.

"Well, I mean," Jacob smirked, "It is possible that the filming had to be delayed for a few days because of the weather. And the crew might have told me to, 'Get the hell out' of their way for the weekend."

Olivia laughed genuinely and pulled Jacob back down to kiss him. He moved his lips from her mouth to her neck. Jacob kissed a spot repeatedly before he began sucking on it.

"Jacob!" Olivia shrieked before giggling, "Stop it!"

Jacob giggled slightly and shook his head while continuing to suck on the same spot.

"But Jacob, a hickey is so childish!" she answered.

Jacob stopped sucking and smiled at Olivia.

"I don't care," he stated before he briefly admired his work and gave it a small kiss.

Jacob's hands moved and began to roughly massage Olivia's breasts while kissing her neck.

"Wait a minute, Jacob," Olivia said as she pushed him away, "How did you even get into my house?"

"Willow let me in as she was leaving to go to visit Ashley," he stated and tried to kiss her lips again.

"She left already?" Olivia asked.

Jacob nodded as he abandoned his attempt to kiss her mouth and let his lips move down to her chest.

"What a bitch!" she exclaimed. "How could she leave without saying something? She's going to be at Ashley's house for the rest of the weekend! It would have been nice to say, 'Oh, hey! I'm leaving now, Olivia. Thank you for letting me stay at your house', wouldn't it? I mean, who does she think sh-."

"Olivia!" Jacob cut her off. "I'm sorry, babe. But I really don't want to talk about Willow while I'm trying to have sex with my girlfriend."

"Oh," Olivia sighed disappointedly, "Fine."

Olivia shifted uncomfortably beneath Jacob as he went back to kissing her neck.

Olivia squirmed awkwardly in her seat, by her dressing table, as she braided her hair. Sex with Jacob had always been great and one of the best parts of their relationship. But lately Olivia had been unable to enjoy it. It only made her feel unsatisfied and she tried to avoid it whenever she could. Once he had finished this morning, Jacob had gone out to buy breakfast for them while Olivia took a bath.

Olivia closed her eyes and enjoyed the silence of being alone in the house for the first time in weeks. She sighed as the sound of the phone ringing did nothing to ease the headache her hangover was causing her.

"Hello?" she answered with an unmistakable aggravation in her voice.

"You didn't seem to mind being in the company of such a sick human being."

"What do you want, Nicholas?" Olivia demanded.

"Was he as vainglorious as you said he would be, Liv?" Nicholas questioned teasingly.

"What are you talking about?" she retorted.

"The extremely rich guy from last night," he stated confidently.

"Nicholas, I don't understand what you're talking about," Olivia whined.

"I'm talking about Seth MacFarlane, Liv," Nicholas clarified.

"Seth? Seth MacFarlane?" she questioned nervously. "How do you know about Seth?"

"Please, I've seen the photos of you leaving the party with him last night," he answered.

"Oh," Olivia said quietly.

"Now tell me," Nicholas demanded jokingly, "Was he as vainglorious as you said he would be?"

"How could I have said that? I didn't ev-," she began.

"Don't you know who the guy is?" he questioned and Olivia knew that he was smirking, even though she couldn't see him.

"I know that he's Seth and now you've told me that his last name is MacFarlane. But I don-," Olivia rambled before being interrupted by Nicholas' mocking laughter.

"Seth MacFarlane is the sick human being that created Family Guy," he explained.

"He couldn't be," she replied.

"Oh, yes. He could be, and he is. Not to mention the fact that he voices most of the characters himself," Nicholas smiled. "Seth MacFarlane is Family Guy."

"What? No, that's not possible," she protested weakly.

"Why? Because he is a nice and normal guy?" Nicholas questioned.

"No, I… I…" Olivia stuttered, "I just don't kno-."

"He's incredibly attractive, isn't he?" he interrupted.

Olivia blushed and smiled to herself. But stopped when she suddenly was overcome with the fear that Nicholas somehow would find out what had happened between her and Seth the night before.

"Yes, I suppose that he is," Olivia admitted sheepishly.

"I think we can both agree that you judged the guy unfairly prior to meeting him," Nicholas stated.

"You're probably right," she replied.

"I am right. One of these days you might even pull your head out of your ass and realize that Family Guy is an amazing television show," he teased.

"Yes, maybe," Olivia answered quietly.

"'Yes, maybe?' Are you ill, Olivia? You never give up that easily," Nicholas asked, genuinely worried, before adding jokingly, "You're not in love with the guy, are you?"

Olivia blushed as she got butterflies in her stomach. Was she in love with Seth? No. She couldn't be. She didn't even know him. But if she wasn't, then why did the mention of his name make her feel so strange inside? What was she supposed to answer?

"Babe, I'm back! Let's watch TV," Jacob shouted as he walked back into the house.

"I've got to go, Nicholas. Take care," Olivia hurriedly said and hung up the phone before he could answer her.

Olivia released a sigh of relief and stood up to hop on her left leg towards the living room.

"Oh, baby! Let me help you," Jacob smiled when he saw her coming.

He hurried over and picked her up from the ground. Jacob swiftly threw Olivia over his shoulder and carried her to the couch.

"Thanks," Olivia giggled and looked at the table in front of her, where Jacob had placed their breakfast.

"You're welcome, babe," he smiled as he sat down next to her and turned on the television.

Olivia reached for a bagel on the table and nibbled on it as she leaned back into the couch.

"Oh, look!" Jacob exclaimed, "Family Guy is on!"

Olivia's eyes widened and she quickly turned to look at the television.

"Oh, man!" he smiled, "Seth MacFarlane must the coolest dude in the universe, I tell you."

"I… Uh…" Olivia cleared her throat. "I met him at Jared's party last night."

"What? Baby, that's awesome! What was he like?" Jacob questioned.

"Uh… He was very nice. He was actually the one who gave me a ride home," she replied.

"You've been in Seth MacFarlane's car?" he smiled excitedly.

Olivia nodded and fiddled with the bagel in her hand.

"Alright, baby!" Jacob exclaimed happily. "So, did you like him?"

Olivia looked up at Jacob and swallowed the lump in her throat. For a split second she considered admitting what had happened the night before. Olivia ultimately decided against it and instead just nodded her head again.

"Yes. Yes, I did like him," Olivia replied truthfully as she placed her unfinished bagel back on the table.

"That's so great," Jacob smiled and turned back to watch the television.

"Yeah…" Olivia replied and looked down into her lap.

Olivia blushed as she could clearly hear Seth's voice coming from the television. She was certain that she had never felt this ashamed before in her life. Olivia looked at Jacob and ran her left hand through his blond hair as she studied his chiseled facial features. He turned to look at her and smiled widely.

"Can we please watch something else, Jake?" she asked shyly.

"Sure, baby," Jacob replied and grabbed her hand to kiss the back of it quickly. "Anything you want."

Olivia reached for the remote control and started to flip through the channels.

"I love you," Jacob stated, out of the blue.

Olivia immediately stopped what she was doing and turned to look at Jacob who was smiling tenderly at her. He pulled her close and held her as she burst into tears.

"Baby, what's wrong?" he questioned.

"I don't know," Olivia lied as she threw her arms around his neck.

"Please, don't cry," Jacob said quietly.

"I love you," Olivia stated honestly.

Jacob smiled and tightened his hold on her.
♠ ♠ ♠
All feedback is welcome and any constructive criticism is highly appreciated.

Thanks to all of you who have read and subscribed to the story.
A special thanks to redcurlygirl_45 for commenting.