Love Won't Let You Get Away

Chapter Five

The throbbing pain in her right ankle had kept Olivia awake for most of the night. Olivia yawned and collapsed back onto her bed after closing Jacob's overnight bag that was placed next to her.

"I'm going to be so late," Jacob called from the shower.

"Maybe you shouldn't have slept all day," Olivia teased snarkily.

"There's no need to be rude, babe," he replied with a slight chuckle.

"Sorry," she mocked while rolling her eyes.

"Baby! What's with the attitude today? Are you mad at me?" Jacob questioned.

"No. I'm sorry, Jake," Olivia said; this time without any sarcasm. "My ankle is killing me!"

"Maybe you should go to the doctor," he suggested.

"I'm sure it will pass by itself. It's just a sprain," she sighed.

"It wouldn't hurt to get someone to look at it though," Jacob replied honestly. "That bruise has got a nasty color. I'm worried for you, Olivia."

"I'll think about it," Olivia stated.

"Thank you, baby," he said before questioning, "What are you going to do tonight?"

"Oh, I'm just going to stay home and rest," she replied. "Jessie's coming over to have a girls' night in with me."

"That's nice," Jacob said. "When is she coming over?"

"I don't know," Olivia shrugged. "She said she'd buy us some Chinese food on the way. She'll probably be here any minute now."

"Fuck!" he exclaimed.

"What?" she asked and raised her head from the bed to look towards the bathroom.

"I just realized that I haven't even packed yet!" Jacob replied tensely. "Oh, they're going to kill me if I miss my flight!"

"Don't worry about it, Jacob," Olivia stated calmly and laid her head back down onto the bed. "I've already packed it for you."

"You have? Oh, baby. You're a saint," he replied.

"If only it would be that easy to become a saint," she said quietly as she closed her eyes.

Olivia shot up from the bed at the sound of the doorbell.

"Jessie's here!" she called out and started to hop out of the bedroom. "I've put some clothes out for you on the bed, Jacob! Everything else is packed in your bag."

"You sound like my mom!" Jacob exclaimed.

"Whatever, Jacob!" she groaned. "Now hurry up and get out of the shower, Jake! You're worse than a girl!"

"Haha! Very funny, Olivia!" he replied sarcastically.

"You're late, Jacob!" she called out exasperatedly as she reached the foyer.

Olivia swung the front door open to greet Jessica, but was stunned to find someone else standing outside her front door.

"Seth!" Olivia exclaimed as if she couldn't believe her eyes.

"Hello," Seth smiled nervously.

Olivia felt all of her annoyance draining out of her body as she looked into his eyes.

"Wh… Wh… What are you doing here?" she stuttered as she smiled back.

"I came to return this for you," Seth replied as he reached his hand out, revealing a lipstick. "I found it in my car this morning. It must have fallen out of your handbag when you got out of the car."

Olivia hesitantly took the lipstick out of Seth's hand and studied it carefully.

"Seth, this isn't mine," Olivia stated quietly.

"It's not?" Seth questioned and slightly furrowed his eyebrows together.

"No," she shook her head. "It must belong to some other woman who's been in your car lately. I'm sure that you're very popular with the ladies, so that wou-."

"That's not possible. I haven't ha-," he interrupted her quickly; terrified that Olivia might assume him to be a womanizer who can't even keep track of which lover a lipstick belongs to.

"Relax," Olivia smiled widely as she cut him off and touched his arm, "I'm only kidding about the lipstick."

Seth blushed lightly as he relaxed.

"It's mine," she stated and giggled. "You should have seen the look on your face."

Seth groaned jokingly and shook his head as he chuckled.

"I'm sorry. That was terribly rude of me," Olivia said and reached to place the lipstick on the foyer table. "Thank you for bringing it to me."

"You're welcome," he smiled. "How are you feeling?"

"Uh…" Olivia paused slightly as she looked down at her ankle. "I'm alright, I suppose."

She smiled up at Seth who smiled back as the two stood looking at each other in silence for a few moments.

"Thank you for helping me the other night," Olivia said genuinely as she reached out and took Seth's left hand in both of hers.

They both carefully studied how her fingers intertwined with his.

"It was my pleasure," Seth managed to choke out before he sighed contently.

Seth turned his attention to Olivia's face, away from their hands. He couldn't help the affectionate grin that appeared on his face when he saw Olivia blushing as she continued to play with his fingers. Seth stepped into the foyer and placed his free hand on Olivia's neck as he used his thumb to angle her face up to him.

"I… I-," Olivia stuttered as her eyes met his.

Seth leaned in, ignoring her attempt to speak and lightly brushed her lips with his own. Olivia released Seth's hand and placed her own on his waist to pull him closer to her. Seth placed his free hand around the back of Olivia's shoulders as he hugged her close. Olivia moaned lightly as Seth deepened the kiss by gently sucking on her lips.

"I actually brought you something else, as well, Olivia," Seth stated as he reluctantly ended the kiss and stepped away from her.

"What do you mean?" she questioned with a confused look on his face.

Olivia instantly missed the feeling of his lips on her. But she watched curiously as Seth reached down to the ground outside of the front door and returned back up with a box in his hand. Olivia smiled as he handed it over to her.

"Is it a gift?" she smiled.

"Mm hmm," he nodded.

Olivia looked down at the box in her hand and giggled. She didn't bother to open it and instead placed it beside her lipstick on the foyer table. Olivia grabbed Seth's arms and pulled him back into a passionate kiss. Seth smiled against her mouth and let his hands travel to the sides of her head. He pulled his mouth away and tenderly stroked her face as he admired her beauty.

Olivia giggled happily as Seth leaned down to place a series of kisses on her jaw. Their eyes met as a smiling Seth moved his lips to pay the same attention to Olivia's jaw on the other side of her face. Olivia moaned again and closed her eyes as his lips caressed her skin. He gently pushed back the hair that was resting on Olivia's shoulder to get better access to her neck. Olivia opened her eyes and slightly turned her head to curiously look at Seth when he seemed to have stopped in his tracks.

"What's the matter?" she asked worriedly.

Seth didn't reply, but instead let one of his hands travel to her neck. His fingers grazed over a hickey that had not been there the night of Jared's birthday party; he was certain of it. Olivia's eyes widened once she realized what had caught his attention and moved her hand to cover the hickey.

"Seth, I-," Olivia began to explain.

"Oh, baby! I'm even later than I thought!" Jacob called.

Olivia immediately shrunk back from Seth at the sound of Jacob's voice. She had completely forgotten that he was there. Heck, she had completely forgotten that he even existed. Seth stepped away from Olivia and stared at her; his emotional pain apparent in his eyes.

"I… I-," she tried again.

"I've really got to run, babe," Jacob interrupted as he stepped into the foyer carrying his bag.

Olivia furrowed her eyebrows together as she lightly shook her head with her mouth gaping open, desperately trying to find her words.

"Oh, no way! You're Seth MacFarlane," Jacob exclaimed happily as he noticed his presence.

Seth tore his eyes away from Olivia to look at Jacob who extended his hand towards him, which he hesitantly accepted.

"Yeah," Seth stated simply.

"Jake Hamilton," Jacob smiled.

Jacob was completely oblivious to what had just occurred between Olivia and Seth. And he was too ignorant to pick up on the uncomfortable tension that filled the room.

"Thank you for taking such good care of my missus the other night," Jacob smiled genuinely at Seth as he wrapped his arm around the small of Olivia's back.

Both Olivia and Seth flinched at Jacob's choice of word. Missus.

"Okay," was all that Seth could find to say quietly as he briefly managed to fake a smile.

"Oh, man! I'm such a huge fan of your work," Jacob smiled. "Just yesterday I was telling Olivia of how I think you're like the most awesome dude in the world!"

Seth looked at Olivia and knew that he had never felt so hurt in his life.

"Didn't I, baby?" Jacob smiled as he nudged Olivia. "Didn't I tell you how cool Seth MacFarlane is?"

"Yes," Olivia breathed.

Olivia closed her eyes to try to stop the tears that were threatening to form in her eyes.

"That's my ride!" Jacob exclaimed in response to a car honking repeatedly from the street.

Olivia opened her eyes to find that Seth was still staring at her.

"I've got to go now," Jacob stated and twisted Olivia towards him to capture her mouth with his.

Olivia's eyes remained open as she gently tried to push him away. Through the corner of her eye she could see how increasingly annoyed and hurt Seth was becoming as Jacob shoved his tongue into Olivia's mouth. Seth finally had to look away from the couple, to stop himself from either crying or violently punching Jacob in the face, when he saw Jacob roughly grabbing Olivia's butt.

"I love you, babe," Jacob stated as he finally released Olivia from his mouth and his hands.

Olivia simply nodded in response to Jacob and discreetly wiped her mouth as he began making his way out of the house.

"MacFarlane," Jacob smiled as he patted Seth's shoulder with his hand while he passed him through the door.

Jacob began to run down the driveway and disappeared from view as the car honked again.

"Seth," Olivia breathed when she could hear the car leaving.

"Don't," Seth replied coldly without looking at her.

"But Seth, I-," she began.

"I said, 'don't'," he bellowed as he turned to look her straight in the eyes.

"I'm sorry," Olivia said quietly as she began to cry.

Seth looked away and sniffled as he tried to stop himself from crying. How could he have been so stupid? Seth knew that Olivia had a boyfriend, yet he still couldn't keep himself away from her. He scolded himself silently and shook his head in response to Olivia.

"Seth, I didn't mean to…" Olivia began, but had to stop herself to catch her breath, before trying again, "I'm sorry. I truly am sorry."

"I'm the one who's sorry," Seth replied and looked at Olivia again; this time his own eyes filling with tears. "I shouldn't have come here today."

"Seth!" she called as he began to leave her house. "Please, don't go! Let me talk to you! Please, Seth!"

"It doesn't matter," Seth shrugged.

"Of course it matters," Olivia cried. "Please, give me a chance to explain!"

"There's nothing to explain," he stated and continued to walk away from the house. "Everything's alright, Olivia. It really is."

"No, it's not!" she shouted as she desperately hopped after him on one leg. "Everything is not alright! Please, come back so I can talk to you!"

"Olivia!" Seth exclaimed as he turned around to look at her. "Don't worry. This meant nothing!"

Olivia stopped and automatically placed one of her hands over her heart, as if she had been injured there.

"This meant nothing!" he repeated harshly before getting in to his car and drove away.

Without thinking Olivia made an attempt to run after the car to stop him. She screamed out in pain as her injured ankle caused her leg to give out underneath her. Olivia violently collapsed to the hard surface of the driveway.

Olivia rested her forehead on the ground as she made no attempt to get back up. Her whole body shook as she cried because of the awful pain; not the one coming from her ankle, but the one from the emotional mess she had caused for herself.

"Oh my God! Are you alright?" Jessica exclaimed worriedly and rushed over to her.

Olivia had no idea how long she had been laying on the ground before Jessica had arrived.

"My ankle really hurts," Olivia lied as Jessica pulled her up from the ground to hug her.

"Come on, sweetie. Let's go inside and eat some dinner," Jessica said as she tried to comfort Olivia.

"Okay," Olivia nodded and wiped away the tears from her face.

"Then we'll take you to the doctor," Jessica instructed as she helped Olivia back into the house.

"Okay," Olivia repeated.

"And since I do happen to be the best BFF in the world, I've brought cookie dough that we can eat when we get back to our girls' night," Jessica smiled.

"Perfect," Olivia giggled in response.

"Boy," Jessica exclaimed as she jokingly acted like she struggled to help Olivia move forward, "We should really make sure that the doctor gets you some crutches, you cripple!"

They giggled lightly as they entered the house.

After a night filled with food, a trip to the emergency room, more food, gossip and far too much cookie dough, Olivia and Jessica had finally collapsed in their PJs on the couch, in Olivia's house, in front of CNN.

"It's very possible that we are the lamest chicks in Hollywood," Jessica stated.

"Just Hollywood?" Olivia questioned sarcastically as she looked at her best friend.

They both giggled and turned their attention back to the television.

"Do you want to go out?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah," Jessica replied eagerly. "Let's go out and party!"

"Yeah!" Olivia agreed excitedly.

Neither of the girls made any attempt to move from the couch; instead they almost began to sink further into it.

"Or we could just stay here?" Jessica suggested after a few moments of silence.

"Yeah… That would be cool too, I guess," Olivia replied.

They glanced at each other and broke into laughter.

"I'll get us some more popcorn," Jessica stated as she moved into the kitchen.

"Okay," Olivia smiled.

Olivia sighed as she was left alone. Her thoughts immediately traveled back to what had happened earlier. How could she have done that to Jacob? They had stuck together through thick and thin for years. What would he do if he ever found out about what she had done with Seth?

Would it be better for her to tell Jacob about it or should she hope that he would never find out? Olivia felt herself preferring the second option better than the first. But could it ever be better to hide something of such a magnitude from Jacob? Wouldn't that be incredibly dishonest?

"No," she thought.

Why would it matter enough to tell Jacob? After all, Seth had made it very clear that his encounters with Olivia had meant nothing to him. So there couldn't possibly be a reason for her to jeopardize her relationship with Jacob over something that didn't even mean anything, with someone that Olivia didn't even know.

But how could it not have meant anything to Seth? How could he not have felt what she felt? How could he not feel what she was feeling right now?

"Are you okay?"

Jessica's worried voice brought Olivia out of her thoughts. It wasn't until then that Olivia realized that she was crying.

"Yeah, yeah," Olivia lied. "I'm okay."

"You don't seem okay," Jessica stated as she placed the bowl of popcorn on the table before sitting down next to Olivia. "Is it the ankle?"

"No," Olivia shook her head. "No, it's not the ankle."

"Well, then, what is it, sweetie?" Jessica questioned as she placed her hand on Olivia's right arm.

Olivia sniffled and wiped away tears from her face as she sat up to look at Jessica.

"Do you think Jacob is cheating on me?" Olivia asked seriously; not only to avoid telling Jessica about Seth just yet, but also because the subject had been nagging her for hours.

"What? What makes you think that he would be?" Jessica inquired with a shocked look on her face.

"Emma called this morning to tell me that there are reports online that Jacob is cheating on me with Sarah Roberts!" Olivia replied and began crying harder.

"Sarah Roberts?" Jessica questioned as she furrowed her eyebrows together and slightly shook her head as she tried to figure out who they were talking about, "His co-star?"

"Yes," Olivia nodded. "Do you think that Jake is cheating on me with her?"

"Wait a minute, Liv," Jessica replied, "Let me see if I'm getting this right. Sarah Roberts… Is she the blonde one?"

"Yes," Olivia sobbed.

"Oh," Jessica breathed as she sunk into the couch with a devastated look on her face. "And Emma told you that Jake was…? She told you that he…?"

"Yes," Olivia nodded again.

"Wow," Jessica said as she briefly looked away from Olivia.

"He is, isn't he?" Olivia cried. "Jacob is cheating on me!"

"No!" Jessica almost shouted as she turned back to Olivia. "He's not cheating on you, Liv."

"You don't know that!" Olivia retorted. "Don't say that when you don't even know, Jess!"

"Olivia, listen to me!" Jessica demanded as she grabbed Olivia's arms. "Jacob is not cheating on you. Why on earth would he? You're the best girl in the world! You're his favorite person ever. He loves you, Olivia."

"You really think so?" Olivia sniffled.

"He loves you," Jessica reaffirmed. "Jacob is not cheating on you with Sarah or anybody else."

Olivia hugged her best friend as she tried to calm herself down.

"You think so?" Olivia questioned.

"Yes," Jessica nodded. "Trust me, Olivia."

"Thank you," Olivia whispered.

"Anytime," Jessica responded.

They held each other in silence for a while until Olivia suddenly pulled back.

"Oh my God!" Olivia shouted happily while wiping at her wet cheeks. "I forgot to tell you something, Jess!"

"What is it?" Jessica questioned; not sure whether she should be nervous or excited.

"You're going to kill me for not telling you earlier," Olivia said.

"Oh my God!" Jessica exclaimed happily. "This is something fantastic, isn't it?"

Olivia nodded violently as she beamed.

"Tell me now, Liv!" Jessica demanded. "I promise I won't kill you."

"You remember me telling you about the romantic comedy film I just signed up to star in, right?" Olivia asked, smiling.

"Falling In?" Jessica questioned.

"Mm hmm," Olivia giggled.

"Yes, I remember," Jessica smiled.

"You'll never believe who they have cast to play my love interest!" Olivia smiled.

They both sat staring at each other for a moment and tried to communicate through eye contact.

"No," Jessica said slowly as her smile faded.

"Yes," Olivia giggled.

"No," Jessica repeated and let her mouth hang open in shock.

"Yes!" Olivia laughed as she bounced up and down in her seat.

"You're working with…?" Jessica started to question slowly but stopped herself to take a deep breath.

"I'm working with Justin Timberlake!" Olivia shouted.

"You're working with Justin Timberlake," Jessica quietly repeated in shock.

"I am," Olivia giggled.

"You're working with Justin Timberlake!" Jessica shouted as she broke into a fit of giggles.

The two friends hugged excitedly as Jessica started crying out of happiness.

"Oh my God! Liv!" Jessica exclaimed as she pushed Olivia away. "You're going to kiss Justin Timberlake?"

"Yes!" Olivia smiled widely.

Jessica squealed loudly as she jumped out of the couch.

"We have to give thanks to the higher power!" Jessica exclaimed. "To the shrine!"

Jessica attempted to help Olivia up from the couch, but gave up and pushed her back into her seat in a friendly manner.

"Forget it, my darling cripple!" Jessica explained. "I'll chant for you."

Jessica rushed across the living room and opened a cabinet filled with pictures of Justin Timberlake. She sat down on her knees and bowed down in front of it.

"I'm thinking that this will be one of the many things I'll try to avoid telling Justin," Olivia stated.

"Good idea, Liv," Jessica agreed before she jokingly started to chant, "He's bringin' sexy back. Them other boys don't know how to act. He thinks it's special…"

Olivia threw her head back laughing and for the rest of the night she would not think about Seth nor Jacob again.
♠ ♠ ♠
All feedback is welcome and any constructive criticism is highly appreciated.

Thanks to all of you who have read and subscribed to the story.