Love Won't Let You Get Away

Chapter Seven

Following a grueling day of working overtime on the set of Blunted Emotions, Olivia had cuddled up on the bed in her hotel room with a book. Olivia was exhausted and struggled to keep her eyes open. She was startled by a loud knock on the door that caused her to jump out of the bed.

“Happy birthday!” Jacob smiled as she opened the door.

“What are you doing here?” she questioned happily as he pulled her into a hug.

Olivia was caught by surprise as she had spoken to Jacob on the phone just a few hours earlier. He had apologized repeatedly for not being there to celebrate her birthday.

“I wanted to be with my baby on her birthday,” he chuckled.

Jacob shut the door behind him and twisted Olivia around to push her against the door. Jacob feverishly kissed Olivia as she wrapped her arms around his neck. They both moaned as Jacob placed his hands on Olivia’s breasts. For the first time in quite a while, Olivia was genuinely excited to see him.

“When did you get here?” Olivia questioned.

“A few hours ago,” Jacob replied and placed his arms around Olivia’s back.

“Why didn’t you come to me sooner?” she asked.

“They told me you had been working late, so I thought I’d give you some time to rest before we’d go out,” he explained with a smile on his face.

“We’re going out?” she replied as she furrowed her eyebrows together.

“Yes,” he smiled and leaned in to kiss Olivia again.

Olivia willingly kissed him back.

“Let’s go out and get a drink to celebrate,” Jacob suggested as he tore his mouth away from Olivia’s.

“I’d love to, but I’m too tired to get myself ready to go out,” she complained.

“You already look pretty, babe,” he replied.

“But I can’t go out to a bar, to celebrate my birthday, looking like this,” Olivia stated as she motioned down towards her clothes.

“Baby, you look fine. I’d proudly take you out for a drink when you look like that. You look perfect,” Jacob smiled truthfully. “But you could always just change into some other clothes if that would make you feel more comfortable.”

Jacob walked over Olivia’s suitcase that was laid open on the floor. He pulled out a random dress and smiled widely as he tossed it to Olivia across the room.

“Please, let me take you out,” he begged while pouting and batting his eyelashes comically.

“Fine,” Olivia groaned. “But I want to brush my teeth first.”

“I’ll be waiting,” Jacob called as Olivia shut the bathroom door behind her.

Olivia brushed her teeth thoroughly as she considered the situation she was now in. A few days earlier she had made the decision to break up with Jacob. But now that he was here, Olivia was no longer sure if she wanted to. Olivia removed the clothes she was wearing and slipped on her dress.

“Wow,” Jacob breathed as Olivia walked out of the bathroom. “You look incredible!”

“Thank you,” Olivia giggled as she slipped on a pair of high heels.

Jacob smiled as he sat on the bed and watched her get ready.

“Now, where are you taking me?” she questioned excitedly.

“Well, I’ve heard of this cute, little place downtown that I thought we could take a look at,” he replied.

“Perfect,” Olivia smiled as she put on her coat.

“Are you ready?” Jacob questioned as he stood up.

“Yes,” she nodded. “Let’s go!”

Jacob walked up to her and put his arm around her waist. He kissed her on the cheek before he led her out of the room, down to the lobby and towards a waiting car that was parked outside of the hotel entrance. During the relatively short ride to the bar downtown the couple made use of their time by catching up.

“This does look cute,” Olivia stated as they had stepped out of the car and looked at the entrance.

“I knew you’d like it,” Jacob smiled.

Olivia giggled lightly as Jacob took her hand and guided her into the bar.

“SURPRISE!”

Olivia shrieked in astonishment as the lights were turned on to reveal a rather large group of her friends and colleagues.

“Oh, God!” she exclaimed. “You almost made me pee myself!”

The group laughed happily and applauded.

“It’s all Jake’s fault!” shouted one of the guests.

“You did this?” Olivia questioned as she looked at Jacob.

Jacob blushed as he nodded slightly.

“Oh!” she breathed and kissed his cheek as she pulled him into a hug. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” he replied before kissing her lips. “Happy birthday!”

Olivia smiled as she stroked his cheek with her right hand before briefly kissing his lips again.

“Let’s have a party!” Nicholas shouted gleefully.

The group cheered and dispersed into the room. Some of the guests went to greet Olivia while others greeted each other or got themselves drinks and snacks. Olivia was particularly happy to see Claire Danes.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you for being here!” Olivia smiled as she hugged Claire tightly.

“I’ve never missed your birthday since we’ve known each other and I’m not about to start now,” Claire giggled.

During the night Olivia mingled with the guests and happily thanked them all for being there. She eventually reached the corner of the bar where Andrew sat by himself, looking anything but pleased.

“I can’t believe how quickly these weeks have gone by. I’m going to miss you so much when you leave tomorrow,” Olivia whined as she sat down next to him.

“I’ll miss you too,” Andrew replied without looking at her.

“Are you alright?” she asked worriedly.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he answered truthfully. “Are you?”

“I’m good,” she smiled.

“Are you sure?” he questioned coldly.

Olivia furrowed her eyebrows together and lightly shook her head while trying to figure out what was going on.

“Wha-?” she began to question.

“Did you smack your head?” he glared.

Olivia, whose mouth had remained open when Andrew had interrupted her, loudly breathed out as she looked away from him. Olivia almost chuckled in disbelief when she understood what Andrew was upset about.

“Why are you doing this to yourself, Olivia?” Andrew questioned disparagingly. “He doesn’t deserve you!”

“Who do you think you are?” Olivia bit back. “Since when are you the person that gets to decide what I do and don’t deserve?”

“I’m your friend!” he replied. “I only want what’s best for you! I want you to be happy!”

“Maybe Jacob makes me happy,” she suggested nonchalantly.

“But you could be so much happier with somebody else,” Andrew stated.

“You don’t know that!” Olivia stated bitterly.

“Yes, I do!” he stated. “Just a few days ago you told me that you didn’t want to be with him and now you’re pretending to love him because he threw you a surprise party! Don’t you see how pathetic you are?”

Olivia didn’t know to say in response, so she just glared at Andrew while shaking her head in disbelief.

“Jacob treats you poorly,” he continued. “You’ve never been in love with him. You’ve never even needed him!”

“You’re right,” Olivia agreed as she lowered her voice. “I don’t need him. I don’t need anybody. I can take care of myself so you can back off!”

“I know you can, Olivia,” he said calmly. “But needing a person you love is something wonderful. It isn’t a sign of weakness. There’s something beautiful in loving someone so much that you crave for them when they’re not around.”

Olivia looked down as she blinked back the tears that were forming in her eyes. She knew Andrew was right, but his argument had only made her refusal to break up with Jacob much more intense.

“I think you should go now, Andrew,” she breathed without looking at him.

“Yes, I think I should,” he agreed coldly. “Call me when he breaks your heart.”

As soon as Andrew got up out of his seat and began to walk away Olivia regretted her decision to ask him to leave.

“Andrew!” she desperately called after him.

Andrew’s only response was a slight wave of his hand without turning around to look at Olivia.
♠ ♠ ♠
All feedback is welcome and any constructive criticism is highly appreciated.

Thanks to all of you who have read and subscribed to the story.
A special thanks to XxCena--GirlxX for commenting.