Love Won't Let You Get Away

Chapter Eight

The crowd cheered and applauded as Norah Jones finished playing one of her songs. Olivia sighed as she looked around the concert venue and was overcome with feeling of homesickness.

“Ugh!” Olivia groaned. “Why did I ever leave New York?”

“To become a star!” Jessica answered dramatically before giggling drunkenly.

“I should have stayed in New York,” Olivia whined.

“Hey!” Jacob exclaimed as he placed his hands on Olivia’s shoulders. “If you would’ve stayed in NYC, maybe we would never have met each other.”

“That’s true,” Olivia smiled as she contently leaned her back against Jacob’s chest.

“Mm hmm,” Jacob nodded as he gently kissed Olivia’s left ear causing her to giggle.

“Ugh!” Jessica groaned at the couple’s display of affection.

“Maybe Olivia staying in New York wouldn’t have been that bad after all, huh, Jessica?” Robert Clark teased as a he nudged her shoulder.

Olivia’s giggles intensified as Jacob chuckled while kissing her cheek.

“You don’t have to be jealous, Jess,” Jonathan Howard offered as he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. “You’ve got me!”

“Step back, Casanova!” Jessica hissed as she pushed Jonathan away from her.

Olivia sighed as Jacob wrapped his arms around her and she placed her hands on his. She smiled as he began to rock them from side to side in time to the music that Norah and her band were now playing.

After Olivia had made the decision that she actually wanted to be with Jacob, she was happier than ever before with their relationship. She figured that it would have been a waste of time to have been with him for so long, only to throw it away over a man who wasn’t even interested in her.

“We should probably get going if we want to catch that flight,” Robert stated as he looked at the watch on his wrist.

“Oh, I’ve got to hand the camera back to Jocelyn,” Jacob spoke as his arms left Olivia. “I’ll meet you guys outside.”

“I’ll come with you,” Jonathan offered.

“Okay,” Jacob nodded as they began their search for Jacob’s aunt Jocelyn in the crowd.

“Let’s go, ladies,” Robert stated as he began to move.

Jessica held onto the back of Robert’s shirt with her left hand as he guided them through the crowd. Her right hand was gripped tightly around Olivia’s who walked closely behind her.

“Isn’t it rude to the people who couldn’t get tickets that we’re leaving before the concert is even over?” Olivia questioned lightheartedly.

“Who cares?!” Jessica replied snobbishly. “If they wanted to be here so badly then they should have
worked harder for it!”

Olivia smiled lightly as she rolled her eyes at Jessica behind her back.

“I can finally breathe again!” Jessica exclaimed as they neared the back of the room and the crowd began to disperse.

Olivia’s giggles were interrupted as she quite violently bumped into Jessica causing their heads to be knocked together.

“What are you doing?” Olivia questioned, slightly annoyed.

“What am I doing?” Jessica retorted, equally annoyed and shocked that she had bumped into Robert. “What is Robert doing?”

Jessica stumbled as she moved to stand beside Robert as she searched for an explanation to their sudden stop. Olivia let go of Jessica’s hand as she turned to look at the floor to avoid being introduced to the person that Robert seemed to be having a conversation with.

“Well, hello there, foxy millionaire,” Jessica drunkenly flirted. “Or is it billionaire?”

“Do you know Jessica?” Robert questioned, very embarrassed at the situation he found himself in.

“No,” the person replied.

The second Olivia heard him speak, her eyes widened and her stomach filled with butterflies. She would recognize that voice anywhere.

“This is Jessica Watson,” Robert said as he introduced them. “Jessica, this is S-.”

“Seth!” Olivia exclaimed a bit too excitedly, as she moved to the right of Jessica.

Seth’s face lit up in an instant when his eyes met Olivia’s. His breathing involuntarily quickened in an attempt to calm his heart that had begun to race.

“Yes,” Robert agreed hesitantly. “This is Seth MacFarlane. He used to be my boss when I worked on his show.”

“I know,” Jessica smiled as she awkwardly batted her eyelashes at Seth.

“Olivia,” Seth breathed contently.

Seth had done everything in his power to push Olivia away from his thoughts. But he had failed miserably and finally getting to speak her name again felt like heaven to him. As Seth studied Olivia’s face, he wondered how it could be possible for her to look even more beautiful every time he laid his eyes upon her.

“Have the two of you met before?” Robert questioned with a confused look on his face.

“Yes,” Seth replied as he looked at Robert before looking into Olivia’s eyes again with a smile. “We’ve met before.”

Olivia immediately looked down at the floor as she could feel her cheeks starting to burn. If only Robert knew just how much she had met Seth before and how much she had enjoyed it.

Olivia closed her eyes briefly as she was suddenly overcome with anger. How could Seth sit there and smile at her? Did he even remember what had happened between them? Did he truly not care, about the kisses they had shared, at all?

“Well, I would like to meet you a little better, if you know what I mean,” Jessica slurred as she tried to act sexy.

“Uh…” Seth said as he looked back at Olivia. “Uh… No, tha-.”

When Olivia turned her head back up, Seth was stunned by the cold look in her angelic eyes.

“Oh, come on!” Jessica whined as she wobbled towards him. “I could make you feel good.”

“No, thank you,” Seth stated with a clear voice as he looked back at Jessica. “There’s somebody else.”

Olivia took a step back as she gasped for breath. She felt like someone had punched her in the stomach. Why would Seth be so cruel to admit that in front of her? Had her crying not made it clear to him that their kisses had at least meant something to her?

“Somebody else, huh?” Jessica smiled. “I bet that I cou-.”

Jessica had to stop herself as she suddenly felt sick.

“Oh, God!” Robert exclaimed as he grabbed Jessica’s arms to pull her back. “Let’s get you out of here!”

Jessica nodded furiously as she put one of her hands to cover her mouth as she feared that she would throw up at any second.

“Olivia, you’ll wait here so that the guys will find us!” Robert instructed as he hurried Jessica away.

“But I ca-!” Olivia tried to protest.

“Come and find us the minute they’ve found you! We’re in a hurry!” Robert stated.

“But I cou-!” Olivia tried to protest again.

“Enjoy the concert some more! You were the one that wanted to go!” Robert called as he disappeared from view.

Olivia sighed despondently as she shifted uncomfortably where she stood.

“Olivia, I ne-,” Seth spoke gently as he desperately sought her eyes’ attention.

“You don-,” Olivia shook her head as she looked away from him.

“There you are, baby!” Jacob called as he walked up and placed his left arm around Olivia’s back.

“We’re ready to go now,” Jonathan smiled.

“MacFarlane!” Jacob exclaimed with smile as he stepped forward slightly to shake Seth’s hand.

“Jake,” Seth replied politely, though without the same excitement to see him.

“Seth, how are you?” Jonathan smiled as he shook Seth’s hand.

“Good,” Seth replied. “How are you, Jonathan?”

“I’m great,” Jonathan smiled.

“Good. Good,” Seth stated, though he had never had any real interest in the response as he had returned to seeking Olivia’s attention as discreetly as he possibly could.

It didn’t go unnoticed however as Jacob looked back and forth between Seth and Olivia for a few moments. Why was she ignoring him? Why was he so desperately seeking her attention?

“I’m sorry, MacFarlane,” Jacob stated. “We’re in a bit of a rush, you see.”

Seth nodded without taking his eyes of Olivia.

“Take care,” Jonathan smiled to Seth as he began to walk away.

“You too,” Seth replied genuinely.

Olivia met Seth’s eyes as she passed him on her way out. Seth’s mouth hung open as he repeatedly tried, without success, to find something to say that would keep her with him.

“Bye,” Jacob said as they left the room.

Seth simply nodded his head as he sunk back into his seat.
♠ ♠ ♠
All feedback is welcome and any constructive criticism is highly appreciated.

Thanks to all of you who have read and subscribed to the story.