Texas Was You

Chapter 1

"Relax, mon ami Francais", chided Alex.

Antoine checked the newly refurbrished room one last time and checked the time on his phone. "Merde, her flight is almost here", he said worriedly.

"DFW isn't that far and we don't have practice today, vous souviens?", retorted Alex.

Antoine collapsed on the bed and uttered a harsh laugh. "I have to make it all nice, I don't want Maman to think Lisette is going to live with two barbarians. Maman has never been anywhere except France and Quebec, she thinks Texas is uncivilized", he chuckled.

"Let's get to the airport, Antoine", said Alex.

The two men went downstairs to the building's garage and got into Antoine black Chevy Silverado, the radio tuned to a country station playing My Kinda Party by Jason Aldean. Antoine backed away from the space and Alex sang along to the radio, trying to copy Aldean's Georgia drawl.

"You still sounds like un habitant, mon ami Quebecois", teased Antoine.

"You should have heard me when I first came to the US, I had no English. And my accent is not as thick as yours", laughed Alex.

"But les filles aimer a vous", laughed Antoine.

Antoine parked the truck and the two men went inside the terminal, carrying a sign under his arm. "Hey, that was great you kicked Reaves' ass", said one of the security guys.

"Oui, merci. I have to defend mon capitan and Segs", said Antoine with a laugh.

"Does your sister speak English?", asked Alex.

"Oui, of course. She is going to North Texas, nobody speaks French in Dallas", he retorted.

Alex just shrugged as he looked at the arrival screen. "I hate connecting flights", said Antoine.

"Delta Airlines Flight #811 from Chicago O'Hare has just landed", said the voice over the PA.

Outside the massive plate glass windows they could see the Delta flight as the gate was attached, the workers unloading the luggage. The doors opened and Antoine took out his sign, scanning the passengers as the doors opened.

A tall, slim young woman wearing black slacks and a sky-blue silk blouse came through the doors and looked around, her face breaking into a grim when she saw them. "Antoine!", she exclaimed, giving him a hug.

"Bienvenue a Texas, mon petite soeur. Alex, this is my sister Lisette Roussel. Lisette, this is my teammate and friend Alex Chiasson", he said.

Alex took her hand and lightly kissed the knuckles. "Bonjour, mademoiselle Roussel. Lucky we don't have practice today, you can rest and we are going to meet Segs, Benn and Val later", he said.

"Those are our teammates Tyler Seguin, Jamie Been and Valeri Nichushkin. Tyler and Jamie are Canadian and Val is Russian', explained Antoine.

"Tres bien. I do want to see Dallas, school starts in a week", replied Lisette.

"We will see the city, mon soeur. Dallas is good but Fort Worth is beter, they have all the cowboy stuff", said Antoine as they went to get her bags.

"You are turning into a Texan, mon frere", teased Lisette when she saw the truck.

"Oui, everyone in Texas drives a truck. And we are going out for Mexican food and dancing later, when you are in Texas you must have barbecue and Mexican food", said Alex as the men loaded the bags into the truck.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just started writing this yesterday and thought I'd post it, feedback is welcome.