Texas Was You

Chapter 6

"It's good that you have made a friend, ma petite soeur. Is she hot?", teased Antoine.

Lisette gave her brother a look as they waited for Tyler and Jamie, Alex trying not to laugh. "Josephine think you are an immature prankster, mon frere", she retorted.

"The lady is right, Antoine", said Jamie with a chuckle.

"All the ladies love us Frenchmen, c'est pas?", joked Antoine as everyone laughed.

Tyler chuckled and then he saw Lisette, a slow grin forming on his face. "You look great, my little French tart", he drawled as she giggled and her cheeks grew pink. Lisette wore a denim skirt just agove her knees and a blue and green plaid blouse tied in the front that revealed her flat, toned belly and high-heeled black suede boots that accented her long legs. Her ash blond hair was in two braids that fell to her shoulders and her black velvet cowboy hat that was tilted at an angle, looking like a Texas country girl.

"And you look like a cowboy, Tyler", she teased.

"I took him shopping when he first came here, I thought he ought to look Texan", said Jamie as they took the elevator to the garage. All the men wore jeans and flannel shirts with cowboy boots, but while it looked natural on Jamie, it looked more like a costume on the other three as they clearly weren't used to such clothes.

"If you grew up out west like me, it wouldn't look like a costume on you", said Jamie as he opened the doors of his black Escalade.

"We are not hicks like you, mon capitan", retorted Alex cheerfully as they all got inside.

Tyler silently thanked his lucky stars when he found himself in the backset with Alex on the other side and Antoine riding shotgun. Jamie backed out of the space as Drunk on You by Luke Bryan came from the speakers, Tyler reaching for her hand.

Lisette's first instinct was the pull away, but the gentle yet firm touch of his hand relaxed her as she unconsciously moved closer. Tyler could feel the warmth of her body as he wrapped an arm around her waist, tucking one of the braids behind her ear. "You are going to be the hottest girl at the rodeo tonight, my little French tart", he murmured.

Tyler could see the wary look in her green eyes and the pulse racing at the base of her throat, his fingers gently stroking the back of his hand. "Relax, Lisette", he whispered.

Lisette relaxed when Jamie drove up to the house in the suburbs and saw Josephine walk outside. "Howdy, I'm Josephine O'Connor", she said Alex moved aside to her let her in.

"Hello, Miss O'Connor", said Jamie politely, his face neutral. However, he discreetly moved the mirror so he could get a better look, think Josephine was one of the most beautiful, sexiest girls he had ever seen. Wow, I better concentrate on the road, he reminded himself.

They arrived in Fort Worth half an hour later as Jamie parked the Escalade, seeing Josephine out of the backseat and his mouth going dry. She looked even hotter now, her tight denim shorts clinging to her ass and her long legs accentuated by the boots and her shirt tied in the middle exposing her flat, toned belly and a bit of cleavage, her long black hair loose under her cowboy hat.

Antoine and Tyler shared a knowing look as the group headed towards the entrance. "Miss O'Connor, do you go to North Texas?", he asked.

"Please call me Josephine, and I go to North Texas, we're both in the music program. And that was a great goal you scored against the Hawks, you completely deked out Seabrook", she replied.

"Thanks, but too bad we lost. At least when we come back from the road trip, we're going to the Jason Aldean concert", he said.

"Me too, I've seen him live three times, last year at American Airlines. My favorite album is My Kinda Party", said Josephine.

"Mine too, I saw him in Vancouver last summer", said Jamie, immediately feeling at ease now. Jamie felt a bit bold all of a sudden and took her hand in his, her full red lips turning up into a grin and her brown eyes full of amusement.

Tyler felt happy for his captain as he held Lisette's hand and led them inside. The rodeo arena was full of families and other spectators as the group went towards the bar. "A round of Lone Star", said Jamie.

Lisette looked dubiously at the glass of beer and watched as the others drank theirs. She took a sip and drank some more, letting the taste linger on her tongue. "I'm not used to drinking beer", she explained.

"We're in Texas, hon. When it gets real hot during the summer, you are going to enjoy an ice cold beer", said Josephine.

Jamie drank his beer and had an arm around the waist of the pretty brunette, seeing her tease Lisette in her good-natured way. She leaned closer to him and he watched as her lips closed around the rim of the glass as she drank the beer, all the blood in his body rushing south.

After they finished their beers, the group made their way to the arena as fans trickled in. Tyler made sure Lisette sat next to him and had an arm around her waist, seeing that Jamie and Josephine were seated the same way. It's about time he got himself a chick, he can be too serious, he mused.

Tyler was conscious of how Lisette would grab his arm and how her body would tense against him whenever one of the riders would do a stunt, her green eyes wide and her mouth open in shock. "C'est fou", she muttered.

"These guys are professionals, my little French tart. They've been doing it for years, they know what they're doing", he said, squeezing her hand reassuringly.

"This is the big one, the bull riding", said Josephine.

"I've been to the rodeo a lot and I still can't believe anyone would want to ride a wild bull. Lucky our contracts don't allow that", said Jamie.

"My cousin rides on the rodeo circuit, does bull riding and a gig last week in Montana. Shawn has broke a lot of stuff and is gonna break his fool neck one day, but he's a rolling stone and the buckle bunnies love him", said Josephine dryly.

"Wow, he's a lucky bastard", exclaimed Jamie.

"That's because you're Canadian, us Texans were born tough", she teased.

"Tough and crazy, mademoiselle O'Connor", joked Antoine.

Jamie put an arm around Josephine as the others smiled knowingly. "We're not after your girl, mon capitan", said Alex.

"You better not, Toaster", said Tyler as the young forward blushed.

"Le homme est mas fou", Lisette muttered, watching as the massive bull attemted to throw off the rider, the rider hanging on for eight seconds as the security calmed downt the bull and helped him down.

"We all do crazy stuff sometimes, Lise. Life would be boring if we always did what we were supposed to", said Tyler thoughtfully.

Everyone was in good spirits as they left the rodeo, Tyler holding Lisette's hand and Jamie and Josephine talking softly. "Too bad we got the road trip, we fly out to Winnipeg tomorrow. but when we get back, we got the Aldean concert", said Jamie.

"Oui, he has the best show. And the finest ladies in Dallas are going to be there", said Antoine as him and Alex exchanged a fist bump.

Jamie shook his head at the two Frenchmen. "Josephine, can I have your number?", he asked.

"Sure, give me your phone", she said.

Jamie handed her his phone and his eyes were on her as she entered her number into his contacts. "Just don't be messing around with any Canadian cowgirls, us Texan ladies are the real deal", she drawled.

"Of course not, everyone knows Texas cowgirls are the best", he retorted, a slow smile forming on his lips and his dark eyes amused.

Jamie stopped in front of her house and his eyes were watching her every move until she went inside. "Dude, you got it bad", joked Tyler.

Jamie glared at him as a dull blush crept up his neck. "Shut up, Segs", he muttered.

"Segs is right, mon capitan. Josephine is a beautiful girl, you need to get laid", said Antoine.

"I want to date her, not just that. It's been a long time", said Jamie as they drove back to their building.

Tyler felt reluctant to let her go with Antoine as Jamie parked the truck, holding her hand as the elevator went up. "I'll call when we get to Winnipeg, watch the game, I'll score you a goal", he said.

"Just try to win the game, Tyler", she replied.

Tyler gave her a quick kiss as she followed Antoine and Alex inside the condo. "Looks like we got to score for both our ladies", said Jamie as they went to their own condo.