Status: in progress

Summers, Sunsets and Shoulder Surgeries

Taylor and Lauren are about as close as two cousins, who live in different countries and on different sides of a continent, can be. They have always been each other's favorite member of the family. Lauren has escaped small town Maine, fleeing from facing the returning foreigner who snapped her fragile heart in two. She believes that a summer away from romance and heartbreak will help her get through her last year in high school and she thinks being in Edmonton with Taylor is the perfect place to accomplish such a thing. Taylor has his hands full, spending time bonding with his cousin whom he hasn't seen in a while, all-the-while helping his good friend Ryan recover from his end of the season shoulder surgery. Lauren doesn't expect to even meet any of Taylor's teammates, she thinks they must all be home for the summer, much less expect to fall in love with one of them. Once again Lauren finds herself falling for a foreign boy who has all the power to break her heart.

Lauren: http://kacykizer.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/portland_senior_portrait_lifestyle_photographer_paige_2.jpg

Ryan: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nVBBfYcIUko/TyBJoelxQVI/AAAAAAAAASU/vN0oOMNT-bo/s1600/nugent-hopkins.jpg

**disclaimer** I do not own any of the real professional athletes who appear in this story, yet I do own the characters I have created.