Status: in progress

Summers, Sunsets and Shoulder Surgeries

Edmonton

outift: http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/7f/b2/5a/7fb25a2d9d6f608d9d77d3469ca09182.jpg

Lauren was exhausted from her nearly ten hour flight. She had flown out of Boston at 4:30 in the morning after an already four hour drive from small town Maine to the big city in Massachusetts. It was half past noon and the Edmonton sun was high in the sky and the mid-June weather was a pleasant sixty-eight degrees Fahrenheit and there was a cool breeze. Lauren stepped into the large airport. She was totally overwhelmed; it was her first time flying without one of her parents or her twin sister and on top of that it was her first time flying internationally. She was only seventeen but she always acted beyond her age. She was a mature young lady and you would be hard pressed to find someone who didn't guess she was well over nineteen. Lauren allowed her tired eyes to scan the airport, searching for the familiar face of her cousin. She knew he would be trying to hide as his face was easily one of the most recognizable ones in Edmonton.

She had just begun to worry that he had forgotten her when someone gently grabbed her arm. Initially she was shocked then as she turned to see the blue eyes and blonde hair of her cousin. Relief washed over Lauren's face as she launched herself into her cousins welcoming arms. He pulled her into him, happy to be reunited after so long. Lauren hadn't seen Taylor since he had first started playing in 2010. At the time Lauren had only been fourteen and she had failed to grow much taller since. Her petite 5'3 frame was dwarfed by Taylor's 6'1 stature and muscle. Lauren had muscle of her own but in a softer more delicate way, it was thanks to ten years of hockey that she had strong legs every girl was jealous of.

"I missed you", Taylor said as he released Lauren from his grasp and walked with her towards the baggage claim.

"I missed you more" Lauren replied as she reached for her suitcase. Taylor plucked the bag from her hands and the two walked outside into the sunshine. As the reached Taylor's truck and Lauren climbed in, she let a sigh slip from her lips. The sound caused Taylor to cock his head in a questioning glance at Lauren. The serious face made Lauren giggle as she leaned over to hug her cousin. Taylor embraced her but still asked what was bothering the girl. Lauren assured him that she was just tired from the day and Taylor promised that they would go right home so that Lauren could take a nap.

They pulled up to Taylor's apartment building and the pair jumped out. Lauren grabbed her carry on and Taylor pulled her large suitcase behind him as they entered the elevator and rode it to his floor. Taylor showed Lauren her guest room, not before Lauren lightly ribbed him for his messy apartment. As soon as Lauren got into her quaint room she pulled off her sandals and changed into a simple bright pink sports bra and sleep shorts as she crawled onto the large bed and drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this chapter is so short I just wanted to briefly set the scene and get the story rolling. I hopt to make all the other chapters longer. please leave comments, this is my first story and I would love some feedback