Status: in progress

Summers, Sunsets and Shoulder Surgeries

7

"I'm bored" Lauren whined.

The movie had finished about 25 minutes ago and Lauren was restless. She just wanted to do something, her summer was slipping by and in the back of her mind she knew that in the blink of an eye she would be back to the grind of school.

"Well what do you wanna do then?" Ryan asked as he got up from the couch to get a drink from the kitchen.

"I dunno, I don't live here you tell me"

"Well I don't know. Most the time I'm here I'm playing hockey then I usually go home for the summer or otherwise I'm with the guys or at a bar or something."

"You suck at this" Lauren stuck her tongue out for added affect. "Aren't there any other exciting teammates or friends of yours that I haven't met yet? That could be fun" Lauren added.

"No I think just about everyone has gone home or is on vacation with family. Oh but I do have a friend coming to visit in a few days"

"Well that's exciting! Who is this friend you speak of? Oh my gosh is it Toews?" Lauren giggled as she winked at Ryan.

"You and your Toews obsession. No it isn't Toews but it is another NHL player" Ryan gave Lauren a mysterious look.

"Who?!" Lauren was beyond excited. What 17 year old teenage girl wouldn't be excited to meet more hot hockey players?

"I'm not gonna tell you" Ryan took a turn sticking his tongue out at Lauren.

"Please Ryan I hate surprises!!" Lauren mustered up her best puppy dog face: to no avail.

"Nope, I guess you'll have to wait"

"Fine" Lauren sighed as she pushed herself off the couch and reached for her crutches.

"Wait where are you going?" Ryan asked with a sudden change of attitude.

"Well you aren't entertaining me so I might as well go read a book or take a nap or something" Lauren called over her shoulder as she left the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days later Lauren woke up at half past eight in the morning, to some obnoxious knocking on the door. She grudgingly pulled herself out from under the covers and slipped her arms over her crutches. As she made her way to the door the knocking got louder and she became more curious as to who was on the other side. She momentarily stalled as she looked down to make sure she was decent to answer the door before she unlatched the lock and swung to door open. http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/56/77/65/567765fe6a31498a410a547233770b62.jpg

She was shocked to see a hot young blonde, could be model standing on the other side of the door. Yet he seemed just as shocked to see her answering the door.

"Oh I'm sorry I must have the wrong apartment I though I could find Ryan here" the hot model sputtered out.

"Oh um he is staying here. With Taylor. I'm Taylor's cousin, Lauren. Nice to meet you" She stuck her hand out to shake his as he answered.

"Oh okay. Well I'm Gabe. It's nice to meet you Lauren" Gabriel Landeskog she knew he looked familiar from somewhere. Then it hit her Ryan had told her a friend was coming to visit but he apparently had not had the decency to let her know he would show up when no one else was home.

"Oh um the guys are at the gym, but they should be back soon. You can come in" Lauren added as she pulled her hand from Gabe's large one and scooted out of the way of the door. Gabe picked up a bag and strolled into the house, making himself at home on the couch. Lauren wasn't sure what to do she she just went and took a seat in the empty armchair. http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Gabriel+Landeskog+2011+NHL+Entry+Draft+Portraits+gSG7L-Li17Wl.jpg

"So uhh what happened to your leg?" Gabe broke the ice.

"Oh I um broke my ankle cheering, but I kept tumbling and now I have to be in this silly thing for a few weeks" Lauren felt her cheeks darken as she had to admit her own foolishness had caused her this dilemma.

"Well that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's okay, but thanks. So umm you came to visit Ryan?" As soon as it left her mouth Lauren regretted it, it was such and obvious question.

Gabe chuckled slightly before he responded, "Yeah we kinda became close our rookie years as we got drafted together and stuff and I knew he was having a hard time with the season ending early and having to get surgery so I planned to stop by before I head back to Sweden for the rest of the summer."

"Well that was nice" Lauren didn't know what else to say and thus a slightly awkward silence followed before Gabe broke it again.

"So Lauren, where are you from?"

"I'm um from Maine. It's in the United States" Lauren added, she was used to Americans even believing it was a part of Canada so she always prefaced her statement with that line.

Apparently not wanting another awkward silence to ensue Gabe went on with another question:
"Are you an only child?"

"Nahh I have a twin sister but she had to stay to play soccer over the summer so I came to see Taylor by myself." Lauren met Gabe's eyes with a smile as a wide grin spread over his face.

"No way!!! I have a twin sister too!" he added rather excitedly.

Lauren giggled as he added, "Yeah she's older and she never lets me forget about those whole two minutes." Gabe added clearly excited to share this sort of bond with another twin.

"Tell me about it" Lauren added. "I'm younger by ten minutes, but hey I mean that just means she is going to get old before I do. Like she'll be thirty and I'll still be 29" Gabe laughed at this comment which sent Lauren into a fit of giggles also.

After that the conversation seemed to easily carry on for another half hour until the boys got home.

As soon as Ryan walked in the door he heard Gabe talking and was thrilled that his friend had made it. After the boys all bro-hugged it out Taylor went to take a shower as Ryan joined the other two in the living room.

"Gabe are ya hungry? Do you want to go grab a bite to eat?" Ryan directed his question to Gabe but his eyes were focused on Lauren. He had a hard time believing how beautiful she was just sitting in the living room in her pajamas with her hair up and no make up. When Gabe answered Ryan forced himself to remove his eyes from Lauren.

"Yeah I mean I could always go for a meal"

"Okay. Lauren do you wanna come?" Ryan extended the offer.

As much as Lauren wanted to hang out with the guys she politely declined knowing that the boys probably just wanted time to catch up and do whatever it was friend/opposing hockey players did when they visited each other in the off-season.

At first Ryan seemed a little crushed that Lauren had turned down the invitation but he quickly regained his composure as Gabe got up from the couch and headed towards the door.

When the friends were gone Lauren went back to her room to clean up and change. She had grand plans of convincing Taylor to spend the day with her and "bond" a.k.a go shopping and sightseeing? Was there sightseeing in Edmonton? She didn't know but it brought a smile to her face, just the thought of spending the whole day with her cousin. It would be just like old times.

http://fashionhotbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/YESSSSSSS.jpg
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's been so long since I last updated but life has been crazy and honestly I kinda lost motivation to keep writing. I don't really know where I wanna go with this story so if you have any burning desires to see it head one way or another let me know :)