Status: in progress

Summers, Sunsets and Shoulder Surgeries

8

It wasn't till about 8 at night when Lauren and Taylor finally returned from their afternoon spent together. Both and thoroughly enjoyed themselves and Taylor had even offered to take Lauren shopping, without any begging on her part! When they both bust through the door carrying on about some silly thing that happened at Aunt Julie's wedding when they were like 7, Ryan and Gabe looked up from their video game and paused their conversation to take in the sight of Taylor carrying all these girl bags and Lauren crutched along.

"You guys are so loud" Ryan complained as Taylor walked through the living room on his way to put all the bags into the guest room for Lauren.

"Aww you love us Nugie" Lauren responded as she flopped down onto the couch next to Gabe.

"You let her call you 'Nugie'" Gabe turned to Ryan in astonishment.

"Are you jealous Gabie?" Lauren giggled from her spot. Her remark had its intended affect as it caused Gabe to swivel around in his spot and give her the evil eye. At Lauren's comment Ryan busted out laughing and by this point Lauren was giggling along with him.

"Whatever" Gabe responded as he turned back to the TV to pick up playing the game.

Twenty minutes later Taylor had ordered Chinese food and the group was huddled around the coffee table stuffing their faces.

"For a bunch of professional athletes you guys sure do eat a lot of crap" Lauren sassed after finishing a bite.

"Lauren when you look like this" Gabe lifted his shirt up to point to his toned stomach, "you can sorta eat some junk every once in a while". http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BE0GXoiRN2I/UP0bLja76GI/AAAAAAAABJU/hGg34qSYous/s1600/tumblr_mfxg6pnevk1rnggdlo1_500.jpg

Gabe lowered his shirt much too fast for Lauren's liking but it didn't stop her from sticking her tongue out at him and mutter a "whatever". Lauren finished long before any of the boys, who seemed to have bottomless pits for stomachs. Lauren got up and attempted to carry her plate and silverware to the kitchen, while crutching, before Ryan reached up and grabbed it for her telling her he would take care of it. So Lauren hobbled off to the bathroom where she started the ever long process of showering with a boot on. A solid 45 minutes later as Lauren exited the bathroom and headed to her room, stopping long enough to shout a good night to the boys, Lauren felt her stomach start to get queasy. But by the time she made it to her room and set her alarm for the next day she had already long forgotten about the nausea and she fell asleep the second her head hit the pillow.

Around 2 in the morning Lauren awoke with a start. The same not so good feeling in her stomach. She knew she needed to get to the bathroom quick so she reached for her crutches and fumbled down the hallway in the dark and into the room. She just had time to turn on the light and make it to the toilet before the contains of her stomach were coming back up her esophagus, this time in the reverse direction. She was trying to hold her hair back and support her body in its hunched position on the cold tile floor. She continued being sick for a few moments before the feeling subsided again. Then within two minutes the naseau was back and she was huddled over the toilet again when all of a sudden she felt someone place a gentle hand on her back and take a hold of her hair. Once she was sure she had emptied out her stomach Lauren let herself slide back onto her bottom and look up at who she had woken up. Her eyes met Ryan's and she instantly felt bad that she had been so loud it woke him up.

"Ryan I'm so sorry I didn't mean to wake anyone up. I'm so sorry I didn't have time to close the door and I was trying to be quite with my crutches while trying to go fast at the same time..." Lauren rambled on in a rushed pace.

"Lauren shhh it's okay. You don't need to be sorry. I'm sorry that you are sick" Ryan was trying to calm her down when a shudder went through her body. "Lauren are you cold?"

"No I feel hot" Lauren answered quietly. Ryan lifted his hand up to her face to feel her forehead on fire.

"I think you have a fever" Ryan added as he stood up and left the bathroom quickly. In his absence Lauren pulled her knees up to her chest and laid her head down on them, cuddling herself up into a ball. Ryan returned moments later with some water and tylenol.

"Here its for the fever" Ryan held a bottle and some pills out to Lauren. She thanked him after she finished swallowing and let her head fall back to her knees.

"Do you think it was the Chinese food?" Ryan asked worried now as he realized they had all eaten it.

"I doubt it I mean you guys aren't sick" Lauren weakly responded. "I guess I wasn't really feeling well all day, I don't really know what happened, I just woke up feeling nauseous."

"Do you think you're going to throw up again?" Ryan asked not wanting to sound to harsh but not sure how else to get the information out.

"I think my stomach's empty" Lauren's voice was now hardly above a whisper.

"Come on I'll carry you back to my room" Ryan added as he reached out to pick her up.

Lauren's head shot up at his comment and she met his eyes with a question, "What?"

"Well I mean you shouldn't be alone in your room, what if you like choke on your puke or something, and I mean my room has a bathroom attached so it would be easier for you to get to a toilet if you need to" Ryan responded quickly then he added "And I mean I can sleep on the couch, that isn't why I suggested it I just thought the adjoining bathroom would be better for you." Ryan trailed off.

"Okay, thank you" Lauren managed to respond. Yet when Ryan slid his hand behind her knees and around her back to pick her up she attempted to squirm from his grasp saying she was too heavy and that she could crutch herself. Ryan ignored her as he easily plucked her up from the floor and carried her to his room. When she was finally all settled on the side of the bed closest to the bathroom Ryan reached around her to grab a pillow and head to the living room. Before she could even think, Lauren found herself grabbing onto Ryan's wrist.

"Ryan can you stay?"

Her voice was so weak yet still so cute that Ryan couldn't say no, although he wouldn't have wanted to anyways. He walked around to the other side of the bed and slid under the sheet with a smile on his face, as he felt Lauren slowly slide herself backwards, closer to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE comment