Status: in progress

Summers, Sunsets and Shoulder Surgeries

9

When Lauren's alarm went off six hours later she was not in her room to turn it off, thus it kept ringing and ringing, getting louder each time. Eventually it got so annoying that Gabe who was sleeping in the next room decided to get up and knock on Lauren's door to get her to turn it off. When he got to the door he realized it was open and as he let himself in he noticed there was no Lauren in the bed. He went over to the night stand to get the god awful noise to stop. Then he began to worry because it seemed illogical that Lauren would set an alarm and then get up before it went off. He wandered out to the kitchen and living room but didn't see her so he decided to go wake the other guys and ask if they knew where she was.

Gabe got to Ryan's door and instead of knocking he just let himself in. He was shocked, to say the least, when he saw to bodies huddled under the covers. At his noisy entrance Lauren and Ryan both stirred and then woke up, Ryan's eyes the first to meet Gabe's, who still stood just inside the doorway with his mouth hanging open.

"Oh gosh I'm so sorry man I didn't mean to interrupt anything" Gabe stuttered out quickly as he turned to leave before Ryan caught his attention.

"Wait Gabe, it isn't how it looks" and with that Lauren rolled off her side of the bed and began hustling to the bathroom, mostly she looked like a lame penguin who was hobbling on one leg. The guys just watched her till they heard puking noises come from the bathroom.

"See" Ryan began "she got sick last night and I heard her so I went to see if she was alright then I told her she could sleep in here so she could be closer to the bathroom. Nothing happened man I swear."

Lauren had made it into the bathroom in time yet nothing was coming up. She was crouched over the toilet, dry heaving, as apparently there was nothing left in her stomach. Even lying there sick on the floor she couldn't help but be embarrassed as she realized she had thrown up in front of Ryan last night and now again with him and Gabe just in the other room, so not cute. She got up and rinsed her mouth out at the sink and attempted to make herself look more presentable as she heard Gabe call in from the other room, "You okay in there?"

She felt so bad and so embarrassed as she hobbled out of the bathroom, her cheeks red. "Yeah, sorry about that" her voice was so soft it was hard for the guys to hear her.

"Hey um hows the fever" Ryan asked.

Lauren slid the back of her hand up to her forehead to feel the temperature had gone back down. "Better I think"

"Well that's good" Ryan supplied.

"Do you want some juice or something?" Gabe chipped in from the door.

"Well I don't really think I should eat anything" Lauren added lifting her face to meet Gabe's eyes.

"My mom always says that rest and fluids are the best way to help you get over a sickness" Gabe countered.

Lauren just nodded her head to agree as all of a sudden she felt way too tired to complain.

Gabe nodded as well as he turned to head to the kitchen to try and find something to help the sick girl.

"You should lay back down" Ryan added after Gabe left the room. He stood up to help her back to the bed but Lauren protested.

"No just help me back to my room, I don't want to intrude on you and get your bed full of sick germs"

Ryan chuckled as he helped her back to his bed anyway, "It's fine I don't mind" he added with a smile on his face.

Once she was comfortable in the bed again Ryan went out to help Gabe, Taylor apparently sleeping through all the commotion.

"Aww Nugie's in loveeee" Gabe teased when he saw Ryan enter the kitchen. Gabe had managed to make some tea and he had some crackers on a plate for Lauren.

"I'm not in love" Ryan harshly replied.

"Oh so you just help all girls who are throwing up in the middle of the night, then let them sleep with you?"

"We didn't sleep together like that" Ryan tried to defend himself.

"But you know you wish you were" Gabe raised his eyebrows to Ryan in a suggestive way.

"Whatever" Ryan added before he grabbed the crackers and head back to his room. Yet by the time the boys had gotten back, Lauren had already fallen asleep. Instead of waking her up they decided to let her rest and just left the food on the night table closest to her.

"Aren't you gonna climb back into bed with her?" Gabe continued to tease Ryan, this time in a hushed whisper. Ryan reached over and smacked Gabe on the back of the head.

"Shut up"

"If you love her Nugie tell her" Gabe snickered.

Ryan's cheeks blushed slightly as he turned and stalked out of the room, Gabe trailing behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry just a filler, next one will be more interesting I promise