Status: Inspired by Give Me Love - Ed Sheeran

Love Me

.004

Madison placed her hand in the stranger’s. It felt like fire met ice. Her ice cold hand melted together with his warm, almost sweaty one. “You have to climb over the bar, can you do that?”

Madison could sit and listen to him talk for hours. His accent was something different, something extraordinary. Never had she met a brit before. Of course, from all the Supernatural seasons she had watched and listened to Crowley, she knew how british sounded, but never had she met someone in real life with a british accent. She put her knee on the bar and pushed herself up, getting help from the man who held her hand tightly. Now, she was standing on top of the bar, with everyone’s eyes on her. Some glared at her with angry looks, after she knocked down their glasses on the floor. The man kept yelling that their next drink was on the house. He let go of her hand and placed both of his hands on her hips. Before Madison could protest, he had lifted her off the bar and down to the solid floor. “There you go.”, he smiled, then his attention turned to the other bartender who was working his ass off, throwing drinks to people every second. “I’m just gonna help her!”

The other bartender nodded before yelling back, “You owe me a break later so I can smoke!”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.”, he responded before grabbing Madison’s hand and leading her into the back of the bar. The walls were thick, making the sound of the music fade away as they went further into the building. The two of them ended up in a small room where all the workers had their coats, jackets and bags hanging. “The name’s Liam by the way. Kinda rude of me to not introduce myself.”, he spoke, giving the girl a smile.

“Madison.”, she mumbled quietly. Why did this man have this weird affection on her? Of course, she was quite shy, but she was more shy around Liam. There was something special about him that Madison never had felt before.

“Pretty name, as pretty as your face.” Was he flirting with her? “Anyway, let’s see if my co-worker has a pair of shorts.”

“Won’t she be mad if I take her clothes?”, Madison asked, feeling the tense air easy up slightly.

“Nah, I’ll deal with her later.” Liam went through his co-worker Leah’s clothes, hoping she would have one of her working shorts there. Unfortunately, Leah had taken all of her shorts with her last night. Liam sighed loudly. He had brought a nice looking girl all the way back here and now he didn’t even have any pants to lend to her. To be perfectly honest, Liam didn’t know why the hell he had brought her back her to help her. She wasn’t the first girl he had spilled a drink on, and never had he helped any of them. But this girl was special in some way. And Liam wasn’t going to let this girl get away easily, because for the first time in a long time he wanted to get to know a girl, and not just shag them.

“You know, it’s okay. I’m fine with going home.”, Madison spoke up after a couple of minutes in complete silence.

“No. I kinda feel bad for spilling that drink over you. But it seems like my co-worker has no shorts left. You could borrow my sweatpants. They’re probably a bit big, though.”

“No, really. I don’t want to bother you.” Madison would’ve loved a pair of sweatpants at the moment. The drink that had dried on her bare legs and her soaked shorts was making her freeze a little, but she couldn’t take his sweatpants.

“Oh, it’s okay. Just return them whenever. I work between 6 p.m and 3 a.m. from Wednesdays to Sundays. I don’t even need them. I have plenty of pants!”, Liam exclaimed, still a bit surprised with himself. Since when did he ever offer a stranger his favorite sweatpants? They were also his only sweatpants.

“Fine, thanks.”, Madison mumbled and grabbed the marine blue sweats that he was holding. “Turn around.”, she said, not comfortable enough to change in front of him. He did as he was told and she slipped out of her shorts that stank liqueur and stepped into the quite big, but comfortable sweatpants.

“Done, thanks.”, Madison said and Liam turned to face her again. He still wore that bright smile that showed off his perfectly shaped teeth. This boy was either born with perfect teeth or he had braces when he was younger.

“Shall we go back?”, he asked. Madison didn’t answer, she just nodded and followed him back into the heart of the club where the music was still blasting and the bar was still full. Liam helped her climb over the bar, thankfully without kicking down more glasses, before he joined his co-worker again. He immediately handed her a new glass of rum and coke, without pouring it all over her again, and she shot him a smile before heading further into the club. She’d rather stay at the bar chatting to him, getting to know him, than dancing at the moment, but there were two reasons why she shouldn’t do that. Number one, he was working and he could get fired if he was seen chatting to a customer instead of doing his job. And number two, she couldn’t get attached, which she was afraid of. If she got too attached to the man, it would only end up with one of them getting heartbroken, probably both. And Madison had a miserable life already, and she surely didn’t need to fall head over heels for a human boy. Especially when she knew that angels and humans didn’t mix emotionally.

As soon as she had emptied her glass, she put it on an empty table and moved on to the dance floor. It felt weird dancing in sweatpants, but hey, there was a first time for everything. She moved her hips to the rhythm of the music, bumping into people with the wings all the time, sending waves of pain through her body, but she didn’t care. This was her night. The sweat was dripping down her back already. Someone was grinding against her from behind and two big hands were placed on her hips. For a while she let the stranger dance with her, but slowly she was starting to get curious of who it was. She carefully turned around, trying not to knock too many people with her wings. Thankfully they weren’t very big, but big enough to hit some people who were in her way. The stranger who was grinding against her was a man, probably a few years older than her. He was tall, muscular with dirt blond hair, high cheekbones and a broad jaw structure that made his face unique.

“Never seen a girl partying in sweats and angel wings!”, the man yelled over the music. His voice was dark, suiting his appearance.

“Well, I’m on a bachelorette party! I think I’m rocking the boyish and angelish style, though!”, she yelled back.

“Yeah, you do. It’s sexy!”

“Wanna grab a drink?!” Instead of yelling again, he nodded and grabbed her hand, leading her to the bar. Liam was still working like there was no tomorrow. The both men behind the bar was running back and forth, the sweat dripping down their foreheads as they did so. While mixing the drinks the both tried to style for extra tips, juggling with the bottles. They earned a few applauses when they were done.

When they reached the bar, Madison leaned over the warm counter, half yelling to Liam, “One white russian!” He nodded before grabbing a vodka bottle. The guy, whom’s name she still didn’t know, had his hand on her lower back, just above her ass. He had just received his order from the other bartender who was working and was sipping on the drink slowly.

Liam was surprised when he turned around to give Madison her drink and a huge guy was holding his hand on her back and they were chatting. Of course she already had a boyfriend. The girl was stunning, she couldn’t be single. But Liam couldn’t help but to feel a slight sting of disappointment. Deep down he had been hoping that she would come back another night to return his sweats and they could get to know each other. Seems like he was terribly wrong.

Madison noticed the weird change in Liam’s blue eyes. Reading people had always been an easy task for her, and now she could clearly see some kind of disappointment in Liam’s eyes. Why? Was it because of the guy who was getting almost too close for Madison’s liking? No, it couldn’t be. Why would a stranger be disappointed over some girl he didn’t even know? Either way, she gave him a big smile and some tips when she grabbed her drink.

The rest of the night was blurry. Madison kept ordering drinks from Liam all night and the more she drank, the more blurry her memory got. As she exited the club she only remembered a few hints from the nights. She remembered Liam spilling his drink over her, the short make out session between her and the dirt blond guy whom’s name she didn’t even remember anymore. But the night had been good. Madison needed to get wasted every once in a while. It made her feel human, and it made her forget about what she really was. She felt alive, human when she danced around on the dance floor, not caring about who saw her. When she was drunk she was a different person. An outgoing, fun girl. Far away from the shy sad girl she was when she was sober.

The city was still awake even though it was in the middle of the night when Madison stumbled down the street. Some people glared at her and some guys wolf whistled after her. If she had been in a normal state she would’ve flipped them off, but her brain wasn’t working as it’s supposed to.

Chloe and the other angels that lived in the same house as Madison was dead asleep when she came home. She kept quiet as she almost ran up the stairs to her room. With a quiet thud, she closed the door behind her and crawled down beneath the covers, not caring about undressing. That was a problem she could deal with tomorrow.