The Hunter's Blood

Prologue

The Hunter’s Blood
Prologue
(Girls Collective POV)

(Taryn)
Growing up in poverty wasn’t always easy, but my family and I managed, as best as any lower middle class family could, anyways. I guess you could say I slightly despised the first class citizens, but only the snobby little hoity toity, stuck up rich kids who think that they’re better than me. I can’t stand anyone thinking they’re better than me, cause I’m just as good as anyone of the stuck ups…at least I worked for what I got, and my parents just didn’t hand it over. So I guess you could say growing up for me wasn’t all that easy. All throughout high school I didn’t really have many friends (mainly because no one wanted to hang out with the freaky albino girl) besides the two girls I had met online on an Avenged Sevenfold fan site. We had met in person a few times at concerts and we had visited each other’s home towns a few times as well, and lots of three way Skype calls had been made between the three of us. Since we first met it was like we all instantly connected and became the best of friends. Besides the two girls I had met online the only other real friend I had growing up was Kira, my pet Snow Leopard. I had found Kira when I was ten, I had been wandering around in the woods behind my house, and I stumbled upon this mother Snow Leopard and her baby. The mother had been dead and the baby was all alone to fend for herself in this cruel world, so me being the sweet little kid that I was, scooped the baby up into my arms and brought her home where I then begged my mother and father to let me keep her. To this day I still wondered how she ended up in the U.S. considering she is native to the mountain ranges of Central and South Asia.

(Kylie)
I wasn’t the richest kid on the block, though I wasn’t left begging for the things that I needed. My parents taught me the value of making an honest living by sending me out into the work force as soon as I was at a legal working age. Sure, I got a five dollar allowance for the longest time, but those days were over once I got a job. Things would never be like they were in the olden days where the woman stays home and the man works to earn a living and support his family. I don’t think that I could do that though, a part of me was independent though I was a total hopeless romantic. Though boys were not the best looking in the town I grew up in, so I tended to stay far…far away from them. Being a people person, I got along with a lot of people right away, but there were two people that stood out the most and had a special place in my heart. I met them on an amazing site for an amazing band called Avenged Sevenfold, from there, it was constantly trying to meet up at their concerts and three way Skype calls every chance we got. They were the most constant companions in my life along with my Lavender Albino Snow Ball Python, who found his way into my life when I turned thirteen. My friends at the time had started freaking out about seeing this small snake by my pool; so naturally, I wanted to check it out. I went over and saw this adorable little snake and it came to me almost as soon as I bent down to get a better look at it. From then on, we were almost inseparable, unless it came to school and sometimes I would sneak him to school with me. So what if it made me a freak, always had been and I probably will be for the rest of my life.

(Chase)
I had a few rough patches in my childhood. I didn’t grow up with normal minded parents. Nope, instead I got a passive aggressive father who snapped one day because of my crazy mother’s constant outbursts of paranoia that he had a hit man on the hunt for her. She saw aliens in the stars and heard monsters in the garage at night. Aside from the crazy side of existence, as far as money goes, sure I had my license by the time I was 16 and a summer job picking blueberries and serving ice cream. But I never had the nicest things and an allowance was a foreign concept in my household. Half of the money I earned was always extracted from me in some way, whether it was my parents or my sister stealing the money out of my wallet. I always got the hand-me-downs and the cheapest phones and I never had my own car. I hated it when kids would drive their new escorts and muscle cars into the high school parking lot, getting out looking like a model and strutting around the school grounds like they owned the place. I was never good with boys either. They never spoke to me and I always just kept my head down in the back of the classroom. I never got a second glance. But I always had my music and my dire wolf Jaci. He found me one winter when I was thirteen and I lost my way in the woods. He was just a pup then, yet somehow he led my way back out of the mass of iced trees. Though in the end, I always knew my family loved me and always had my two best friends. I met them on a website for Avenged Sevenfold fans. We had grown closer since that fateful day we met in a chat room that consisted of the 3 of us and a couple other weirdoes that were douche faggots and never paid a lick of attention to our existence. Whenever my expectations for life fell short, I knew I could always turn to them.
♠ ♠ ♠
We'd like to thank anyone who decides to join us on this new journey, as we take a crack at writing an original fiction. DISCLAIMER: We don't own Avenged Sevenfold, and/or any other music band or tv show or anything of the sort mentioned. But this story, idea, and characters are all ours. :)